February Zorn Fast 2018

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #444

Out of curtesy for fellow fasters, mentions of food is blurred. Also swearing is generally blurred as well.

(TJ Borden) #445

MY LOWEST READING EVER

This is only the second time I’ve ever tested under 100 (the other time being during an extended fast too). I even tested a second time to make sure it wasn’t a fluke.

(Valerie Williams) #446

Me too. When will it be?

I know that @jdsomsky answered the why, but I wanted to add: you can just click on the blur and it will show the words. (Probably incredibly obvious to most folks but it took me a while to figure it out, so… just in case you didn’t realize :slight_smile: )

(Missy) #448

will keep me from eating a table leg.

:joy::joy::joy:

(Missy) #449

I try to make a game out of it. I try to guess the word, then I click on it to see if I’m right. Of course, most times I’m wrong.:grin:

Not obvious to me, so thanks!

(Kevin M.) #451

My best ketones ever!!..after fasting 52hrs

(Rob) #452

Was going to break at 72 hrs but some pickle juice and salt convinced me to crack on to 96. See ya tomorrow.

(Jane Lapointe) #453

I just came across this and so can’t join for this week. I am, however, house and pet sitting next weekend. I have no car so it seems a great time to do a fast. I am down to my goal weight but probably not down as low as I could go. If I fast but am not at my lowest safe weight will autophagy still occur? I would love it if I could lose the extra skin that is left over from pregnancies. Do you have recommendations for someone who is small but wants to fast regarding how to do a fast? I was thinking I would make some bone broth this week to take with me along with coconut oil in case I really can’t do it. I will also take some good salt and tea. Any thoughts or recommendations?

(TJ Borden) #454

74 hours and going to bed, so the next 10 should be easy

I’m wondering if overdoing it on the refeed negates any of the benefits of the fast itself…?

(Jackson ) #456

My feast was 1300 calories with 23g of saturated fat is it ok ? And my net carb was 9g it’s the first time my saturated fat high like this I think from the Lindt 90 percent dark chocolate ! Usually my poly and mono fat is high and the saturated low ! Sorry for asking maybe it’s normal but I want to make sure and btw I’m fasting again today for 42 hrs then feast then fast then feast hope I will lose weight in this process

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #457

I plan to break my fast at 4 pm CST. That will be a total of 88 hours for me, or 8 hours shy of 4 full days.
I have been fasting since midnight of last Wednesday, February 14.

• Best to break your fast with a few ounces protein ( not eggs), such as chicken or pork belly Alternately with small dish(half cup) of low carb vegetables with olive oil .
    Then wait at least 30 minutes to an hour before consuming a regular meal or BPC. The body needs time to reboot and wake up. If you shock it too quickly, the result can be diarrhea.*

(Colleen) #458

You did not mention if you were overweight. If your body fat is very low, long fasts will not be helthy. Along with the stress of treatment, your gut may need healing foods. IF with a focus on anti inflamatory gut healthy foods would be good in that case.

(Stephanie Sablich) #459

My dates are somewhat off because I started fasting Friday night, planning to go until Wednesday midday for a total of around 110 hours- unless it feels great in which case I’ll just keep going! Last night (Saturday) was HARD. I didn’t have any plans, was mentally exhausted from an all-day class… looked on Grubhub multiple times, and even got into my car to go to the grocery store! Instead, I persisted… spent a lot of time reading these forums, and then just went to sleep at about 7:45. Broke through that 24-hour mark, woke up refreshed with 31 hours under my belt, and I’m feeling awesome.

I’ve done a 96 hour fast before, and my goal is to build tolerance each month, adding a day or two each time around. Just wanted to share- it feels like an awesome accomplishment, no matter how many times I make it happen :slight_smile:

(Trish) #460

Apparently not per Dr. Fung. Assume you eat 2000 calories a day. If you fast for 5 days you have not eaten 10000 calories. If you feast on your refeed day and eat 3000 caloriesthats still 9000 calories you haven’t eaten. You will show scale gain simply due to actual food weight consumed and water weight gain, possibly some gluconeogenesis if you’ve had a lot of protein, all of which will stabilize down again over the next couple of days.

(Trish) #461

Checking in at 85 hours. No problems last night being out. Did the drive home and got in around 1. Hunnie was hungry so stopped on the way at mcdonalds of all places. Even smelling that wasn’t a problem so I’m very happy about that. Tired and headachy this morning but despite a late night I was up before 7:30 so lack of sleep is to blame and achy but one of the dogs, having been lonely last night in my absence slept right against me crowding out my space and ability to easily move. Anyway, don’t think today’s complaints are fasting related. A coffee would be nice, but since I can’t drink it black I’m not having any this fast so maybe a peppermint tea. Apparently that’s ok re autophagy.
On the plus side…Ive completed half my journey having now lost 35 pounds. Goal was 68. So yay me! LOL
Happy Sunday everyone. :sunny: :smile:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #462

Well done!

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #463

Go Bob!