February Zorn Fast 2018

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #424

I’ve found I don’t refeed as much the more I fast. I find it helps to slow down. Also pickles help me because of the salt in them.

(Candy Lind) #425

With all the stories I’ve read about “disaster pants” and “whoosh” moments post-fast, I think you might need to stay close to a loo until tomorrow morning. I’m hungry, but I think my guac-n-pork rinds & macadamias will keep me from eating a table leg for an hour or so. Then, it’s pizza time. :heart_eyes:

Thanks once again John :slight_smile:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #427

Same. :smile:

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #428

I’m 165 hours in and feeling pretty good. Working hard on maintaining my hydration and electrolytes.

(TJ Borden) #429

165? Wow, that’s impressive

(TJ Borden) #430

Well now I’m struggling. We were planning on meeting some friends tonight, but where we are meeting is a place with a 2 drink minimum. I totally forgot. Normally when we go I’m not fasting and just stick to my gin and soda.

I’m trying to decide if I should break before I go, just have a couple drinks and hope it doesn’t spark hunger, or skip tonight.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #431

190 hours is my personal record. I’m hoping to beat that with this fast.

(Lonnie Hedley) #432

You could give the drinks away?

(Lonnie Hedley) #433

I plan my meals to get perfect macros. Typically the exact same thing every day. I know, how boring. But I’ve learned that I’m eating for nutrition/health, not for pleasure. If you don’t track what you eat (a lot of people don’t), maybe you could do it on just the day you break your fast. I’m planning on breaking my fast tomorrow, so I have my morning (fat in coffee), lunch and dinner planned.

Amazing!

(Candice) #435

@Shallimar I did the same thing about a year ago, and will be starting a new job on Tuesday. Keto has done so much to help calm the depression and anxiety the last job exacerbated. Congratulations on the interview! Hope all goes well for you!

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #436

72 Hours done. Stopping now since this was my intended fast length.

Totally worth it!

Congrats on a successful fast!

Erm, yeah… you’re correct.

Enjoy your pizza!

(corinna) #439

69 hours in and had my lowest blood sugar today at 102. I’ve lost 6.2 pounds and inches all over. I trust the tape measure more than the scale!
Did some strenuous work outside today and am so ready for bed now! Pulling up fence posts and moving fences isn’t for the faint of heart!
I checked my sugar again after my shower and I’m up in the 180s now. Is this because strenuous exercise releases the glucose into my blood?

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #440

Congrats

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #441

Exercise releases glucose into your blood. Measure again in a couple of hours and it should be back down again.

(corinna) #442

In a couple of hours I’ll be passed out cold!!! Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your advice!

I made it 61 hours and felt great. I plan on going longer next time! I think I’ve eaten too much since, lesson learned. By the way, why are some words and even sentences blurred out on here? Just curious.

KCKO
KCFO