February Zorn Fast 2018

(tammy cross) #404

This text will be blurredMade it 84 hours- then did a grocery run to Sam’s… shopping @ Sam’s 84 hours fasted is not a wise idea !! :open_mouth: $$ ouch! But yum!! Broke my fast with some mozzarella and pruchetta in the car… steak on tap for dinner. :yum:

(Missy) #405

I think I’m going to stop stepping on the scale during this fast. 68 hours in and I’m 7 lbs down. It’s going to be sad to see it jump back up when this fast ends.:grin:

Unless…I can just survive on water and salt for the rest of my life. :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(TJ Borden) #406

I had the same thought this morning

(Candy Lind) #407

My day is crawling along, too. I think I’m going to stop at 4:30 which will put me at 68 hours. I didn’t really expect to get that far! But my extremities are cold, so I’m going to call it quits there.

(Candy Lind) #408

I CAN IMAGINE! “Look at the crazy lady that cleaned out the cream cheese, bacon & pork bellies!” :rofl:

I’m feeling the same way right now. I’m at 67.5 hrs. I’m excited that my GKI is now 0.98, but I have cold hands, feeling tired and brain dead, and my legs feel heavy. Lying down for a bit… not sure if I’ll push through.

Aaaaand I’m out. 68 hours. Thought I could extend it with bone broth and coconut oil but within 10 minutes after that I found myself eating macadamia nuts and planning dinner. So happy to have my first EF done!

(Ken) #411

Checking in at around 67 hours so far and feelin’ great. I’m keeping myself distracted by planning a camping trip for next weekend.

Y’all have a great afternoon. KCKO!

(TJ Borden) #412

More than once bone broth has heralded the end of an extended fast for me. 68 hours is pretty dang good.

I’m at 63, and doing good now, but in a few hours I’ll be coming up on my normal eating window. That’s when I know it’s going to get rough again.

Thank you!

(Lonnie Hedley) #414

About 69.5 hours. Been reading that autophagy peaks around 2 days then decreases from there. Whether this is true or not, I’m taking this as an excuse to break the fast tomorrow. Im sure I could go until Monday morning and beyond, but since weight loss is not the goal, I feel good about breaking tomorrow.

(Missy) #415

68 hours is awesome for first time EF. Don’t it feel good?

I too have been debating if I’m going to break the fast. I’m not hungry yet, but I did buy some really nice ribeyes yesterday that I can’t wait to sink my teeth into! Mac nuts are currently on standby. :grin:

(TJ Borden) #416

I’m questioning if the blur spoiler actually works for anyone. Am I the only one that has to click on it EVERY TIMEsimply out of curiosity? :thinking:

(Rob) #417

No. Luckily it doesn’t trigger for me… I have built immunity by vocally swearing at the ‘What did you Keto today?’ thread. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Carol Kopp) #418

I’ve had better days. Was really hungry this morning so I made a BPC thinking this might be just enough to temper the hunger. Unfortunately I think it gave my gallbladder a run for its money. Just really uncomfortable, ended up laying around for a couple of hours, when I felt I had a lot of energy to burn. Then I remembered seeing a post about using apple cider for gallbladder attacks. I took two teaspoons and within about 20 minutes I was feeling fine. I do not think I will ever have a BPC again! I’ve been eating high fat and have not had any troubles I’m thinking it was an issue being in the fasted state. Back to being hungry, but I’ll take that over the discomfort I was feeling. So glad I’d read about the apple cider trick.

Question about refeeding. I just friggin ate 2,200 calories within 90 minutes after breaking my fast. Wtf. I wanted ALL THE FOOD. I didn’t even cook the ribeye I have waiting, just ate all the easy-access stuff. How do I avoid this next time???

(Apple Valentine ) #420

At 82.5 hrs I’m breaking my fast, I did a weights session before breaking it with bullet proof bone broth. I’m 2kgs (4.4 pounds) down. I don’t know how much of that will stay off though, regardless I’m happy with the result.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #421

Great fast!

(TJ Borden) #422

When you find out, let me know. I usually have a similar experience. I stick to keto food choices, but tend to way over eat

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #423

I click every one too.