February Zorn Fast 2018

(Mike Glasbrener) #364

This has been my experience… I hate “failing”. So I always set incremental and achievable progression goals. I progressed my way to my first complete day w/o eating. Skipped breakfast, then lunch then skipped eating for one full day. Then two days. I didn’t like the two day refeed results so it was a while before doing another one. I regularly do 36 hr fasts as part of my weekly routine. I recently started integrating 60hr fasts back in along with elevated cardio. It has been surprisingly easier this time… Unbeleivably so… The “fasting muscle” is a real thing IMO. The more you practice the better you get at it. That said, I’ve never gone longer than about 60hrs.

(Karen) #365

OK, crawled back on that horse. Just got up an hour ago so haven’t eaten. Oh wait… I was asleep. That’s the ticket. Back to bed. Will let you now how it is at 3pm.

K

(Joyce J Egan) #366

I know I’m late, but could I still this session? Untill Sunday?

Thanks!

Hooooooly crap… I’m at almost 62 hours. I can’t believe I’ve gotten this far. I mean, as my first EF of course it’s been kinda tough, but I thought it would be SO much tougher. I’m actually going to make it to 72 hrs!!! So happy.

Sure, go for it!

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #370

There are no rules (other than don’t post about food without blurring and fast responsibly). Join in for as much as you like.

(Jane Reed) #371

At 38 hours I have surpassed my 36 hour commitment with a cup of coffee with cream. It has filled my empty feeling a bit so I’ll delay breakfast for another hour or two.

Ida, perhaps more intensive study of fasting might help you. Dr. Fung’s book, the Complete Guide to Fasting, old podcasts of Fasting Talk, and Dr. Fung’s blog (or else his YouTube videos) may give you hints of the source of your difficulties.

In my opinion, Ida, if you are serious about trying fasting without professional help, try delaying your first meal of the day a few minutes each day over a period of weeks, i.e. very, very slowly. You may find this works for you or you may find your body is not presently willing to respond as you hoped. It is an experiment for all of us.

(Candy Lind) #372

That’s a good philosophy - “I can’t eat while I’m sleeping!” :rofl: We’ll abbreviate it ICEWIS. :raised_hands:t2: A new standard in fasting!

(MakinBacon) #373

Doh! I’m late for the fast! I got my weeks mixed up and for some reason I thought it was next week. I fasted yesterday naturally just because I wasn’t hungry, so technically I’m about 33 hours fasted right now. Better late than never!

(Candy Lind) #374

I can! You are stronger than you think. I am going to make it, too. Two little difficulties, one this morning where my meds & supplements made me queasy, but a pat of butter calmed it right down. I just might go until tomorrow morning, depending on how I feel this evening. KC,FO! :muscle:t2:

(Carol Kopp) #375

Yes, I like those hours added while sleeping too! I’m at 35 hours now, and I’ve felt great. A little hungry, last night but certainly manageable, hungry this morning but I’ll have a coffee and hopefully it will pass. Actually surprised at how easily it has gone so far.

(Candy Lind) #376

Good luck, if it’s the right job! :+1:t2:

(Candy Lind) #377

Never let ‘em see you sweat! :cold_sweat: You have to at least create an illusion of being in charge. :smiling_imp:

(Candy Lind) #378

Can you do that at the walk-in places? How much did it cost?

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #379

Waaaaaait…is this a 72hr fast or a 96hr fast? I thought it finished today. Just noticed first post says “through Sunday”. Was already planning my meal for later tonight :sob::sob::sob:

(Candy Lind) #380

You’re right - on both accounts! :rofl:

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #381

I’m doing 20 days of fasting (non-consecutively) in February (see Fasting February). Because of the large amount of fasting I wanted to make sure I was doing it safely. So I discussed it with my doctor before-hand and he gave me a standing order for the tests. I believe it will be covered by my insurance.

I don’t have the results back yet, I’m guessing I’ll have to wait until Monday.

(Candy Lind) #382

The ZornFast is defined as beginning Wednesday evening and breaking Saturday evening. But it is whatever you want or need it to be. Some folks were already fasting & jumped in for the “fellowship” - some have come in late and will continue to Sunday or beyond. KCFO, continue your meal planning, then KCKO. :innocent:

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #383

It officially goes from Thursday to Sunday, but everyone makes it fit their own schedule. If you are mentally ready to break your fast now, no problem. 72 hours is a great fast! This isn’t about fasting for the entire time, it’s about the support of the community and figuring out what your own personal goals should be to accommodate your body.