February Zorn Fast 2018

(TJ Borden) #344

@Brenda What??? You have a life outside the forum??? :grin:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #345

Sparkling water can sometimes work magic to quiet a noisy stomach.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #346

Good call

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #347

Check your sodium and hydration

(Missy) #348

I shall try that. I just picked up some from the store earlier today. Thank you!

(KCKO, KCFO) #349

Well, I hit the rocks at 48.5 hrs. I have done a refeed and have started another fast. Will try for 36 hrs. more.

Up til around 7:30 PM I was fine, but then I wanted to eat all the things, so I grabfed olives, macadamia nuts, salami, ham, strawberries and two fat bombs, followed up with some pecans. Then I did a double dose of salt and drank 16 oz. of water and set my fast timer for the second fast.

(Jackson ) #350

42 hrs thnx magnesium for the deep sleep :relieved: I’ll continue

36 hours in. First time I do more than 24. So far so good. 60 to go.

(Jackson ) #352

Just checked my blood sugar it’s 65 is it ok ? I have two more days of fasting ? And I’m gonna do hitt afternoon wht do u think I have to not do hitt today better after my fasting finish and wht abt my blood sugar plz some1 answer me I hate to talk alone

(Trish) #353

I had a veggie chicken soup last month after 88 hours and it went down great. Brenda told me not to have eggs as apparently they don’t sit well after a fast for many people.

Do you have just the macadamia nuts and go to bed, or nuts-(pause)-dinner-bed?

Oh good to know

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #356

60 hrs in! Debilitating cold symptoms drastically improved :astonished:. Yesterday morning I woke feeling a bit better reduced pain (head, sinus, throat, neck). By evening I was pain free, runny nose and sneezing gone, cough greatly improved. This morning I have a a small residual cough and a little congestion. So happy I decided to try to fast it out. Last Winter I was sick for months.

What a great result!!!

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #357

65 is a little on the low side, but it shouldn’t be a problem as long as you still feel ok.

(Jackson ) #358

Thnx for ur reply

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #359

nuts pause then dinner then bed. Sometimes I don’t go to bed immediately, but I’m not very productive that evening.

(Ida) #360

Dear “zornfast-group”, I am in, but having problems.

My body respond badly to the fasts I do. I have had to slowly introduce this “fasting-lifestyle” due to the physical response after the 24-hour fasts and get with the re-introduction to food.

How I “exercise” the fasting culture is by IF´s and 24-hour fasts, but don’t seem to be able to get further… I explain my symptoms: Extremely cold hands, headache, nausea, tiredness beyond extreme… I DON´T fell hungry at all… but have these physical phenomenas to deal with and thats enough to keep the fasts short.

When I re-introduce foods I have to be extremely careful. Sometimes only flaxseed oil and an avocado and then wait. I often feel the urge about an hour later for something containing carbohydrates and allow myself a piece of granny smith apple or lemon. If I eat “normal” it will result in vomiting, more tiredness and shaking. This extreme response I always have is SO frustrating!!! I do take salts as recommended, Maybe I need a higher dose than all of you?? Also, I am slim. I have very little body fat and I take a large amount of morfin medicines (Gapapentine, fentanyl, oxycodine, oxynorm) daily and I do get a “high” when fasting… maybe the fat stores release stored morfines and I get a higher dose with makes the fasts impossible.

I really really want to be able to do what YOU all are able to do… #Brenda Should I contact the IDM-team and ask them for help? Maybe I need #Megan Ramos to help. I pay of course!!! But I can’t find any information for us who are far away Toronto (I live in sweden), on how we should enrol to the IDM-help. I have sent them a letter asking for information, but they have not got back to me.

Sorry for this miserable insert. I am so frustrated and am so wishing for this to work. Please, If you have some idea of where I can get help or if you understand my symptoms and can give me advice, I would be so happy to receive them.

I am 37 yrs old, breast cancer since 2010, spread to lymph nodes in mediastinum and on several places to my bones. Have two small kids with my husband and am half way through medical school.

Thursday water fasted all 24-hours, Yesterday I had to break fast due to symptoms, today woke up ok, a little tired, but want to try and go through with it and stick to the fast until tomorrow. Lets see what will happen. A lot of water and salts. Also, I took half a tablespoon of flaxseed oil to see if this will help.

Greatful for help from you guys <3 / Ida

I’ve done some shorter 1 and 2 day fasts. I’m wondering whether it gets easier the more your do it because so far into this 4 day fast it doesn’t seem like a big deal.
I recall the first time I fasted for a day I thought it was a big deal and internet non keto acquaintances preached doom and gloom, but I thought of what is to me a very funny ad, and ignored the naysayers.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #362

@Idabostrom I’m a member of the IDM long distance program. As part of that program they only give nutritional advice and not medical advice, mainly due to legal restrictions and the fact that they can accurately monitor you. However it is a fantastic program and I would recommend reaching out to them and see what they have to say.

My wife was on narcotics for a while after her back surgery and if I remember right she was supposed to take those with food, so that may be a confounding factor for you.

Unfortunately there are very few medical professionals that are knowledgeable about fasting. You could also ask the IDM clinic if they are aware of any medical professionals in your area that treat with fasting.

I’m sorry I don’t have much useful to say, but know that I’m rooting for you.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #363

The IDM clinic says that the ability to fast is like a muscle. The more you use it the stronger it gets, and therefore the fasting gets easier. In my experience I’ve found this to be true. Also the toughest part of a really extended fast tends to be late in day 1 or day 2 for most people. It gets easier after your body settles into the fast.

Great job on your fast.

Good Fasting!
KCKO
KCFO