February Zorn Fast 2018

(What The Fast?!) #304

Man, I’m a hot mess today. Meant to type LBM. Fixed it. Thanks :smiley:

Massive. Headache. Nearing migraine status. Caffeinated, hydrated, salted, electrolyted, tapped, walked. Had more water, more salt, herbal tea. Finally just made some fat coffee and took sumatriptan (migraine med). Hopefully it’ll kick in soon. I think this has happened once before with fasting, I’ll need to look back at prior posts because I believe I wrote about it, maybe even cut a fast short.

(Jane Reed) #306

Just 19 hours in, doing fine. Couldn’t bear coffee without cream so I’ve been drinking herbal tea today.

(Candy Lind) #307

WOW. That’s good to know.

(Candy Lind) #308

No pressure!

(KCKO, KCFO) #309

No reason to be mad, it is all good. Refeed, and start another fast afterwards. Some times the body can go a long time others, not so much. Megan says in the videos, many clients are just as successfully only doing short fastings, just takes a little longer to get to goals.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #310

It really varies. Dr. Fung says most people lose .5 pounds per day of fasting. So on average you should keep .5 to 1 pound of weight loss. Of course your mileage may vary.

(sue) #311

MY FIRST ZORNFAST!

I just happen to have been fasting since Wednesday night, so perfect! 45 hours in.

My fast will comprise of water, black coffee, apple cider vinegar and salt.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #312

Excellent choice. Listen to your body and don’t push fasting. (Other that ignoring mild hunger pangs.)

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #313

It seems most people have the hardest time late in day 1 or early day 2. After that it’s pretty easy unless your electrolytes get out of wack.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #314

I can’t remember for sure, but it could be dehydration as well. In any case make sure you get salt and water and you should be good.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #315

Brenda, do you need some salt? It clearly stands for Keep Calm and Fuck On :roll_eyes:.

(Trish) #316

Ugh! 46 hours and I’m freaking hungry. Had a job interview today. Went well but I wonder if there’s some hormonal, adrenaline thing going on there as I was fine till I got home, though I wasn’t nervous or anything. Hmmm.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #317

I find I’m more likely to wake up and not be able to get back to sleep when I’m fasting. I sometimes have shorter nights too. I haven’t had trouble initially falling asleep however. I don’t have any magic tips for you.

No worries, honest mistake. We all make them!!

(Jackson ) #319

32 hr of fasting and I’ll continue :muscle: The only thing it’s I can’t sleep and I dnt want to have ashwagadha bcz I’m scared to have it while I’m fasting usually I take it before I sleep

46.5 hrs. My head is feeling slightly spinny now. I might just go to bed (very) early.

All done now! Stopped at 67 hours. A little shorter than planned, but felt good and goal to get back on track accomplished. :clap:t2::clap:t2:
Now I need to continue to shake things up and think I’ll try to go for alternate day IF.
Happy fasting zornters! Have a great weekend.

(Mandi) #322

So awesome!! Congrats!

(TJ Borden) #323

I’m at about the same spot. I felt great all day, but now that I’m home from work, the mental game starts. Right about now is when I should be making dinner. Or, being Friday night, heading out to a restaurant.

I’m not really hungry, I just FEEL like I should be eating.