February Zorn Fast 2018

Stopped my fast after 50 hours. Blood sugar 3.6 Ketones 3.9 but was extremely hungry for longer than usual. Started feeling faint so rode out the hunger over a cup of tea, but broke the fast after hunger not subsiding. I am a bit underweight, and fast for the health benefits. I have now done 12 fasts, and usually do one every month. Last month I went 9 days comfortably. This month 2 days. :grinning:

Can’t believe I’ve done nearly 44 hours so far. Everyone was right… it’s not as hard as I expected! And so far day 2 has been easier than day 1.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #286

Every single time I see this my brain says “Keto The Fuck On”. Lol

(Lonnie Hedley) #287

That’s not what it means? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Kellyn ) #288

I’m getting a slight headache at 27 1/2 hours fasted. Does this mean I need more salt?

(Mike Glasbrener) #289

I’ve trained my coworkers. They’ll say “Are you eating today?”. They have your interests at heart and think you could be acquiring an eating disorder… a Helping them understand might be good long term. I can assure you that when I eat… I eat!!! Managing refeed is something I’m still working on.

(Lonnie Hedley) #290

Possibly. I’m sure my headache yesterday morning was because my body has learned to expect caffeine to start coming by 8am and I’m skipping coffee completely during this fast.

Take a little salt and see how you feel.

(Kellyn ) #291

I usually drink coffee, too. I am doing a water only fast too.

(Apple Valentine ) #292

I’m now 57hrs in. I couldn’t get to sleep until 2am this morning, then I woke up at 6am. Does anyone have issues with sleep while fasting, or tips to help?

(Lonnie Hedley) #293

January Zornfast I had one cup (black) on the first two days. I’m not sure if it’s easier this month because I’ve skipped the coffee, or if there is another factor, but smooth sailing so far. (45 hours of 108+)

(Candy Lind) #294

I’m at 41.5 now. I started feeling a little more than a “pang” at about 40 hours so I had some coffee with a tablespoon of butter in it. Better now.

(corinna) #295

Into my 41st hour now, switched it up and made some coffee! I’ll gladly share a cup with you @CandyLindTX !

(Kellyn ) #296

I broke my fast at 27 hours and 48 minutes with a handful of almonds. I will try longer next time. I just need to build my fasting muscle. This is my first fast so I will try longer next time. It was great fasting with all of you.

Ok it’s getting tough now at 44.5 hours. My stomach is mostly ok but I am thinking about food a LOT now. Ugh.

(Jackson ) #298

I’m hungry I dnt knw if I’ll sleep I dnt want to stop my fasting I’ll try to have my magnesium supplement and see if I’ll sleep

(What The Fast?!) #299

Had to break at 38 hours, but with good reason. Getting another DEXA in the morning and apparently, empty glycogen stores mess up the results. (I got one this morning and because I was 36 hours fasted plus a 90 min bike ride, it looked like I had lost 7 lbs of lean body mass/muscle. Yikes.)

I will break in a couple of hours. Over the three days, all I had was a cup of bone broth last night.

(Karen) #301

Whew, short ride.
:confounded::confounded:

Bucked off! Restarting. O am i MAD. My fast turned into a totally keto OMAD. Climbing back on. Will touch base tomorrow.

Aww sorry

(Lonnie Hedley) #303

LBM? Did I read your other thread wrong?