FEBRUARY 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Bob M) #181

I never know what to do about this. My theory is if you still feel good fasting, continue. If you don’t, stop.

My youngest daughter always stops eating when she’s sick. I can do that sometimes, but other times feel as if eating is helpful.

Do you think “eating” should be blurred? (Seems like I should blur the whole thing…)

(Brennan) #182

I know references to food should be. But I’m not one who’s bothered/tempted by them. I would think generic terms like: lunch, supper, breakfast, food, eating and snack wouldn’t be an issue. But like I said that rule isn’t in place for me, so I don’t know where to draw that particular line in the sand. I think if you’re unsure blur it anyway, I always er on the side of caution. I’d hate to accidentally sabotage someone’s fast.

Anyway I’m ~39 hours in and feeling a little blah but not hungry. Most likely nothing to do with the fast. It’s cold & snowy and I’ve got more work than can actually be accomplished by deadline. So I’m thinking that’s more likely the issue.

Kcko!

(back and doublin' down) #183

I needed this friendly reminder to blur more stuff, and my apologies if I haven’t and someone was triggered somehow.

yea, that whole fast when sick thing may be a thing! I’ll for sure keep it in mind the next time I have a little symptom like that.

I’m at 63hrs, not quite 1/2 way yet. Going to hear a lecture tonight on how wildlife are using abandoned mines in the area. It’s part socializing, part interest and part distraction that will fill up those witching hours. I’ll drive home and be able to hit the bedtime routine.

@Brennan I’ve indeed got the fasting brain going on all cylinders and wrapping up a bunch of leftover loose ends today!

(Susan) #184

@Janie

Oh, okay, that makes sense =).

Congrats to all -I ended my Zornfast at 3pm on Saturday -made it for 94 hours and I am now 230 (two more pounds down, I am at 63 pounds total loss now).

I haven’t been on the forum since Thursday because my computer broke Thursday night and I don’t have a cell phone, etc.

(Brennan) #185

~57 hours in had a good sleep if a little shorter than hoped for (5 hours).
Looking forward a super productive day today! :grin: Go Go fasting brain!

That’s amazing!

You got this!

100% agree, I’ve ended fasts early a few times because I just didn’t feel good/right. I’ve also went longer than planned a few times and occasionally stumbled into an accidental fast when it felt right.

Good luck everyone kcko!

(What else is there to talk about?) #186

That’s fantastic! Go Susan! :dancer::dancer::dancer:

(Susan) #187

Thank you @Brennan and @Equines_or_Food

for the encouragement --this forum is a big part of what keeps me going daily on my Keto =). The people here are fabulous and certainly have made a significant impact on my journey with my Keto WOE =).

(Brennan) #188

So I’m about 65 hours in now, and it’s that mid day break here at work and I’m surrounded by all of the smells. But amazingly still not hungry or tempted in the least.
I am just a tad bored though. Apparently even though I don’t participate in the mid day break I still have to take the break. I can’t skip it and leave early :unamused:. If it were nice out if go for a walk but it’s not so I won’t.

Good luck everyone, I’ll check back in a few hours.

(back and doublin' down) #189

Excellent update, Brennan! Boredom is a big red flag for me if I’m at home. Less temptations at work, so I can do things like hop on the forum or search for places to soak in mineral springs or get a mud bath. (I think I’m going to celebrate my birthday this year doing that)

I’m at 87 hours and feeling fantastic! Have all my documentation caught up at work. Got up this morning feeling really hot as opposed to the cold feeling when I went to bed. I just trust my body is doing something it needs to do.

Tonight and tomorrow I’ll be busy at home getting my house because my son and his family are coming to visit Saturday. Glad my fast will be over and can enjoy the day with them as that will for sure include a meal.

This is only my 2nd time to get to a pure Day #4 and it feels soooo freaking amazing! Only a little hunger pain/stomach growling last night. No hunger today.

KCFO my fellow fasters :slight_smile:

(Susan) #190

Congrats on your 65 hours thus far, Brennan and best wishes on completing your goal =).

(Susan) #191

Congrats on your 87 hours so far, Susan, way to go, best wishes on the completion of your goal too.

(Tabania Crockett) #192

Awesome, @Momof5 Susan! :clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4:

(Susan) #193

Thank you Tabania =).

(Brennan) #194

Well friends I’m going to call it at 72. This length seems to work really well for me. But I shall return soon; I’m thinking of doing a 3 day once a week for the next couple of weeks instead of just monthly.
Kcko! :crazy_face:

(Susan) #195

Congrats, Brennan =). That is terrific.

(Bob M) #196

That is good.

(back and doublin' down) #197

108 hours! I’m into record territory for myself now. About 24 hours to go, as I plan to break in the morning.

I was pleasantly surprised how smoothly it was last night. I expected having to hold myself back from walking through the kitchen. Once again, a phone call (this time from my brother) interrupted the night and by the time we said goodbye, it was time for bed. Eating salt like crazy today.

Anyone else Fasting this Friday?

(Mame) #198

I’m not but you know I am cheering you on! Especially finishing the Clark @Paendora that is an accomplishment. As someone who never has issues with breaking a fast (even after 9 days) I am sending you all good mojo that yours goes great.

I feel like TRE is not quite interesting enough to speak about, it’s so routine for so many of us and that’s what I have been doing.

I am also musing over my possible fasting routine for March. I have noticed the past few months that I can get one or may 2 good fasts in monthly but then I will have legitimate daily hunger. (and trust me I eat plenty when I eat)

So if I do fast in March it will probably be just one extended. Perhaps I’ll do the zorn …although I don’t think those dates fit into my schedule next month.

Whatever happens I will for sure be cheering everyone on in the March thread when it starts up.

(back and doublin' down) #199

Thank you, Mame! I’m feeling your energy coming this way! I’m having some weak but salty broth while home during my “lunch hour” and maybe again tonight but really don’t want to break officially until tomorrow. Just a tad nervous about breaking my fast with a meal out, though I am confident I can get a steak and enjoy myself.

I hear ya on the TRE because that’s a routine for me going on two years. I could see myself getting a hankering for a longer fast in March too, even as I stated I was backing off of fasting for the month. Just love this empty feeling! Maybe the Zorn Fast…

(Mame) #200

if the zorn fast dates don’t work for either of us perhaps we could buddy up sometime during the month. Hmmm how do I want to celebrate vernal equinox? :grinning: