February 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Liz ) #101

I usually fast from Saturday after dinner until Monday dinner but I wasn’t up for it Sunday so I’m fasting today instead and it’s going fine. Next weekend I’ll fast from Saturday dinner until Tuesday dinner.

Warrior fasts for me M & T. Then, I’m going to embark on a “real,” 3 day fast on W Th F.

(Cyndi Merrill) #103

Hello! I’ve been doing Keto for 5 months now. I spent January doing 36hour AD fasting, and lost 6lbs and a bunch of inches. I decided to mix things up in Feb. Last week I fasted Mon and then Wed-Fri but broke early on Fri due to not feeling great.

This week I’m doing a 20/4. (starting today) I’m not sure if I will keep that up for next week yest or not. I just want to keep my body guessing and also figure out what seems to work best for me. :smiley:

I’ve been lurking around for a few weeks, and have found lots of great info here, so decided to come out of the woods and say Hey! :smiley:

-Cyndi

(KCKO, KCFO) #104

Welcome to Cyndi and Brandon.

Brandon, be proud of that 50 lbs. lost. Keto can help you lose a bunch more, just keep calm and keto on. Stalls happen but you move beyond them eventually. Fasting was the missing piece in my own weight loss journey, so just do it. Lots of info here about fasting.

Cyndi, glad you stopped lurking. If you haven’t already done some intermittent fasting, you might want to do 16/8 or 18/6. Practice helps. If you are fat adapted, IFing will be fairly easy for you. If you are still mostly a sugar burner, the longer fasts can be hard. Just start and see how it goes. Anything over 12 hrs. of fasting is a win.

Today is my last warrior fast, will break tonight about 5:30. Then it is a 3-day fast through Friday evening.

Appx 18 hrs into what I anticipate will be a 3-day fast. Feeling great.

Okay, I’ve past 42 hours and I barely notice the difference between today and a normal warrior fast day. Maybe this is not so hard after all.

Did a weigh-in this morning, haven’t done one in a couple of months. 167 lbs, tied for my record low.

(Liz ) #109

Nice! Do you have a goal? I forget.

I’m gearing up for another 70+ hour fast starting Saturday after dinner out. I’ve been fasting every weekend about 46 hours, but this month two of my fasts will be 70 hours. I think being aggressive (for me) with these fasting days are the only thing to push my insulin levels down and let me access this last 20-30 pounds of fat. Or maybe it just takes time, or both! I’m not sure. either way I will get there.

Also: Trying to get used to my new slender face! Who is that thinner, middle-aged lady in the mirror?? LOL Anyone else find your appearance changes disorienting? Welcome, sure, but still.

My goal originally was 179, so I am well below that.

(Trish) #111

You realize that you must post pictures now don’t you?

So do you have to be a member to see the photos in the “real life photo thread?” Or can any schmuck on the internet look at them?

(Allie) #113

It’s members only as it’s in a category with a padlock sign
@ourtown

That makes me feel better. I’ll have to go dig up a fat-ass “before” picture.

(Liz ) #115

There are two before and after threads, one is protected as stated, one is public. Post to the locked one.

Okay, I posted on the “super-duper” thread.

(KCKO, KCFO) #117

I second that!

edited: Ourtown, you can post them in here, if you want to limit those seeing them. I see you did post in the main thread, will go over and take a Capt. Cook.

I was so excited when I hit my original goal, it was such a delight to pick a second goal weight.

(Trish) #118

That’s what I’m doing too. My goal is 140, but my SO says there’s no way I can do it. Says I’m not 20 anymore. I’ll show him lol. Gonna hit 140 and then set new goal of 127, though that one I may not reach. 140 is at the top of my bmi range. 127 is in the middle.

(KCKO, KCFO) #119

Shallimar, My original goal was 141, I’m 5’3", that is the top of my BMI range for normal. So we are pretty similar. Fasting I didn’t stop on that number went down to 138. That was when I decided that 133, my Weight watchers lifetime no. would be my goal, well I have even bounced under that one a few times. Not sure if I want to go into the 120s, I’m 68 I eat pretty much whatever I want when I want it I love keto style meals. Usually I am within 3 lbs. of that second goal weight. If I bounce upwards more than that, I do more fasting, IFing and maybe a 36/48 hr. fast and things seem to settle back down. My Phinney weight is how I think about it.

KCFO

(Trish) #120

@collaroygal Thanks, that’s good to know. I’m 48 and 5’ 4" and I really feel that 140 is a goal I can achieve. I did lose a bunch about 15 years ago through CICO and serious gym time…size 18 down to a 3, but even then I was about 135…soooooo 127… IDK LOL