FB Debate about Carbohydrates

Stephen Colbert said the Unicorn Frappacino tasted like he French-kissed tinkerbell :joy:

(eat more) #102

and that ā€œsheā€™s an adultā€¦just very smallā€ :joy: lmao

Credit goes to @birddog27 for posting this picture mocking the Unicorn Frap drink

(Bacon for the Win) #104

This morning, my 300+ lb diabetic coworker (not a nurse) told me it wasnā€™t safe to go 12 hours without eating. ā€œOkā€ā€¦ was all I said.

(Jacquie) #105

Smart on your part. Choose your battles. :wink:

(eat more) #106

was she drinking a unicorn frappe? :joy:

(Bacon for the Win) #107

probably got one on her way home this morning. I remember when she started working with us a few months ago she mentioned she does not have a kitchen. I have no idea where she lives, but Iā€™m pretty sure she exists on take-out and our cafeteria food. To be fair, there are not a lot of fast food places near us, but the usual suspects are still around.

(eat more) #108

yikes! i am far from gourmet or even cheffy but i couldnā€™t even imagine!

(Megan) #109

Donā€™t most people do that every night?
:crescent_moon:

Where do they get this stuff?

(Crow T. Robot) #110

Oh, thatā€™s easy.

Et voila!

(Tom) #111

Believe it or not I thought about trying to make this very image, but Iā€™m not so great at photoshop.

(Barbara Greenwood) #112

Someone I know posted this Unicorn drink on her fab status with the comment that it wasnā€™t available in the UK and how gutted she was.

I replied that it contains about 20 teaspoons of sugar.

She responded: ā€œI donā€™t care about health or sugarā€

What can you do?

(Karen Parrott) #113

Ask your friend how her glucose level is 2 hrs post and what it was fasting that morning. Some folks arenā€™t that effected by potatoes, but many are. Especially those of us using LCHF and Keto.

Asking about glucose testing really stops people on their tracks. They havenā€™t tested, have no clue, but may be motivated to put their data where their mouths are. Onward. Bless those who can eat potatoes. KCKO for the rest of us. :joy::+1:t3:

(Bacon for the Win) #114

I get this all. the. time. From people who are sick and in the hospital. ā€œWhat can you do ?ā€ is right. I just go bang my head against a wall. Feels so good when I stop.

(Megan) #115

Weā€™re not super close friends and sheā€™s young and healthy (as far as I know). She was also drinking beer with the meal so youā€™re probably right that sheā€™s not affected by things like potatoes and beer like the rest of us. I only commented because we had had a conversation about carbs before. She did something like Whole30 for a month so I thought I would comment on her post but I didnā€™t expect to get such a reaction from her friends that I donā€™t know.

Oh, OK. Please remind me again the name of a SINGLE Essential Carbohydrate? Oh? Canā€™t come up with one? Ask your Masters Degree maybe it knows!

BOOYAH!

Iā€™m with ya, I SAY I wonā€™t get involved with the ā€œspecialā€ ones out there, but how can you ignore stupidity of that magnitude?

(Barbara Greenwood) #117

Given that she wanted this concoction to feed to her 9 yo daughter, I was tempted to make comments about the childā€™s future health and happiness. But I restrained myself. Iā€™m not a parent, but Iā€™m sure parenting-shaming is a thing, and I donā€™t want to do it.