FB Debate about Carbohydrates

(eat more) #96

omg they were talking about his at work yesterday…good thing i don’t like fruity milk things (strawberry Quik…barf)
it’s pretty color of pink tho LOL

(Megan) #97

Ugh, I was just reading about that! I can’t believe the amount of sugar! Good job, Starbucks.

(Brad) #98

Why oh why?
http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/2017/04/21/6-tips-for-making-carbs-healthy-part-your-diet.html

(eat more) #99

a girl at work who isn’t keto, LC, or anything other than SAD said that it was horrible and didn’t taste like anything but sugar…which isn’t surprising at 76g LOL

(Keto in Katy) #100

This is it.

Stephen Colbert said the Unicorn Frappacino tasted like he French-kissed tinkerbell :joy:

(eat more) #102

and that “she’s an adult…just very small” :joy: lmao

Credit goes to @birddog27 for posting this picture mocking the Unicorn Frap drink

(Bacon for the Win) #104

This morning, my 300+ lb diabetic coworker (not a nurse) told me it wasn’t safe to go 12 hours without eating. “Ok”… was all I said.

(Jacquie) #105

Smart on your part. Choose your battles. :wink:

(eat more) #106

was she drinking a unicorn frappe? :joy:

(Bacon for the Win) #107

probably got one on her way home this morning. I remember when she started working with us a few months ago she mentioned she does not have a kitchen. I have no idea where she lives, but I’m pretty sure she exists on take-out and our cafeteria food. To be fair, there are not a lot of fast food places near us, but the usual suspects are still around.

(eat more) #108

yikes! i am far from gourmet or even cheffy but i couldn’t even imagine!

(Megan) #109

Don’t most people do that every night?
:crescent_moon:

Where do they get this stuff?

(Crow T. Robot) #110

Oh, that’s easy.

Et voila!

(Tom) #111

Believe it or not I thought about trying to make this very image, but I’m not so great at photoshop.

(Barbara Greenwood) #112

Someone I know posted this Unicorn drink on her fab status with the comment that it wasn’t available in the UK and how gutted she was.

I replied that it contains about 20 teaspoons of sugar.

She responded: “I don’t care about health or sugar”

What can you do?

(Karen Parrott) #113

Ask your friend how her glucose level is 2 hrs post and what it was fasting that morning. Some folks aren’t that effected by potatoes, but many are. Especially those of us using LCHF and Keto.

Asking about glucose testing really stops people on their tracks. They haven’t tested, have no clue, but may be motivated to put their data where their mouths are. Onward. Bless those who can eat potatoes. KCKO for the rest of us. :joy::+1:t3:

(Bacon for the Win) #114

I get this all. the. time. From people who are sick and in the hospital. “What can you do ?” is right. I just go bang my head against a wall. Feels so good when I stop.

(Megan) #115

We’re not super close friends and she’s young and healthy (as far as I know). She was also drinking beer with the meal so you’re probably right that she’s not affected by things like potatoes and beer like the rest of us. I only commented because we had had a conversation about carbs before. She did something like Whole30 for a month so I thought I would comment on her post but I didn’t expect to get such a reaction from her friends that I don’t know.