FB Debate about Carbohydrates

(Roxanne) #21

Absolutely! You’re a keto engineer :slight_smile:

You need engineer credentials to state you are an engineer. That’s what I have been taught. Am I wrong?

(Roxanne) #23

I’m not sure they defend the title as rigorously as they should, but you may be right.

You can get M.Eng in Canada. My alma mater, McGill University does.

(Megan) #25

People do not like me hatin’ on their taters! Just got this comment:

Potatoes get a bad rap. They are natural and very healthy. But like anything, moderation.

Ah yes…if you wait long enough…the “all in moderation” statement rears it’s ugly head.

Same strategy was used with cigarettes.

(Roxanne) #27

I stand corrected! How did we turn a thread about potatoes into this ?

(eat more) #28

well i’m just gonna say i have a troubleshooting/problem solving brain then…i don’t want to be at war with Canada :joy:

i know i’m still a cool kid :stuck_out_tongue:

(Megan) #29

This comment too:

"Potatoes are very healthy, especially with skins on. It’s all the stuff people usually put on baked potatoes that makes it a bad choice, like tons of yummy butter, tons of yummy sour cream, tons of yummy bacon, and tons of salt and pepper. Oh, the pepper is healthy. But a potato, as you are serving here, is very healthy."

I’ll take the butter, sour cream, bacon and salt. Hold the potatoes and pepper, thanks. :grin:

(eat more) #30

clearly she’s conflicted or she wouldn’t be calling all of the “bad” stuff yummy!

(Megan) #31

I know, right?

You are ultra cool, Mikki! :sunglasses:

Look at all the yummy potatoes my ancestors ate. In those days, they were huge, had legs, and needed to be hunted with spears. Obviously, what tastes yummy came from inherited traits for survival.

(eat more) #34

LMAO! potatoes with legs!!!

(Roxanne) #35

In that last pic, it looks like maybe they are throwing potatoes (the roundy things) at the antelope…a hunting tool?

Yeah…they aimed for and missed the potatoes and struck the antelopes instead.

(Omar Newsome) #37

Did you add in the “yummys” cause I can’t imagine a low fat carb eater thinks those things are “yummy” more like artery clogging toxic sludge! :joy:

(Megan) #38

No! I quoted verbatim what she said! These comments were from three different people, btw.

(Omar Newsome) #39

That’s so funny that they call all of those uber fattening, cause fat makes you fat right, foods “yummy”. The sad part is most people that beat that drum have no clue who wrote the song! They just take it on it’s face and NEVER question why it doesn’t work. Oh you don’t believe it doesn’t work, look around! Even though there is a sea of “fat free” food, there are still more and more people obese! 1+1=3 wait, what?!?! :joy:

(Tom) #40

I know what the letters say, but all I can read is “I have an advanced degree in regurgitation”

Again the subtext: “I never bothered to question or investigate past what the course materials required, and God forbid I bother to check Pubmed or any decent scholarly information source to confirm my assertion, because if I had, I wouldn’t be able to make this self-righteous, poorly informed, ham-fisted argument.”