Favorite Podcasts

(Sheri Knauer) #1

I thought it would be a good idea for those who enjoy listening to podcasts to make a list of your favorites so after you have binge listened to all the episodes, you have another lined up to binge listen to, lol. My favorites are:
2 Keto Dudes
Ketovangelist Podcast
Keto Talk
Fasting Talk
The Livin La Vida Low Carb Show
The Ketogenic Athlete
Ketovangelist Kitchen

There are a few I just started listening to so I’m not sure if I really like them yet:
The Low Carb Leader/Optimal Health and Performance
Achieving ALPHA with Nate Elmore
Cellular Healing TV with Dr Pompa
The Beyond the Food Show
The Model Health Show:Nutrition, Exercise, and Fitness

What is your list of favorites?

Beyond Keto related,“Sword and Scale” is fantastic!

(Bacon for the Win) #3

Robb Wolf. I binge-listened when I first found him a few years ago. Not keto but real food/paleo. He leans toward keto and fasting these days.

Able James. his voice alone is reason to listen.

Joe Rogan: not a huge JR fan, but he’s had on all the heavy hitters in the LCHF world and usually does a 2+ hour show.

The Urban Monk. different and interesting.

Low carb Leader: another vote for Dan Perryman. We have similar backgrounds and both now work in a hospital, although he’s the CEO. That gives me hope that maybe we can change our health care delivery system??

The Living Experiment with Dallas Hartwig (of Whole30 fame) and Pilar Gerasimo. Lots of good info on a variety of topics.

(Michelle) #4

I listen to all of these for keto/health (added a few more after some suggestions)

I listen to these for other fun:
Sword & Scale
True Crime Garage
Convicted
This American Life / Serial & S-Town
Crimetown
Casefile
The Vanished
Crime Stories
The Pet Doctor
Theory of Pets Podcast
DogCast Radio
Too Fit Podcast
FernDog Podcast
HerMoney with Jean Chatzky
and now I’m also listening to Ponzi Supernova

(Dustin Cade) #5

there is a new podcast that I’ve found called KetoGeek, They have less than 4 episodes and only been going a few weeks, they have some keto items they sell, they have a fudge and a few other things now… not sure if I like it yet or not…

(Griffin Mekelburg) #6

If you want some Keto related ones, there is already a large WIKI on the forums :slight_smile:

(ianrobo) #7

I would try Primal Endurance with Brad Kearns ex triathlete who is on Keto but follows Mark Sissons way of Primal latin. Not quite Keto but I count it as part of this and for us exercise freaks.

Also grab any podcast where Peter Defty appears.

Waiting for the first one to have Tim Noakes on after the trial and then appeal

(James storie) #8

No point in me adding anything to the list! You nailed them all! Although, I’m a big Dave Ramsey fan for saving money to buy more bacon!

We have very similar taste! Yell out if you’re ever looking for new podcasts to listen to; I’m subscribed to too many to count (lots of time spent travelling for work!). For a couple of short series, check out Phoebe’s Fall (Australian) and Untold: The Daniel Morgan Murder (British), if you haven’t already.

I wanna love Jimmy Moore but I just can’t stand listening to his voice. Sorry Jimmy :confounded:

(David) #11

I think Jimmy would be okay with that. I have had a bit of a love /not love relationship with Jimmy over recent years. I remember feeling that he was riding a low carb train for financial reasons when his podcasts became riddled with adverts for processed foods. I became irritated by his “just kidding” comments every five minutes, lots of other things . I read his criticism of the perfect health diet and blamed Jimmy for putting on weight instead. The reality was, I just didn’t understand how persistent insulin resistance can be. I look back at that and realise I was being grossly unfair. I listen to his podcasts when there is a guest on that I want to hear and just try to accept that without Jimmy Moore the ketogenic woe would not be in the public consciousness anything like it is and feel thankful that he has been around to help make that happen.

I fully agree, his voice has nothing to do with the good he’s done.:blush:

(Michelle) #13

Thanks!!! I subscribe to too many too, but it doesn’t stop me from looking for more. I will check out Phoebe’s Fall and Daniel Morgan.

(Michelle) #14

Echo your comments @Chance and @ketoerika. He interrupts folks at the wrong times, and puts in too much goofy stuff. I still listen though, since he has good guests, has good questions for those guests, and I get a lot of information from his 3 different podcasts.

I read the very very nasty remarks he gets from people. Stuff I couldn’t believe. Calling him a fraud and a fake, and how fat he is (among some of the tame stuff). Felt really bad for him. He is trying to help this community as best he knows how, so I totally give him some slack about his wackiness now.

(Cathy) #15

I hear you (pardon the pun). I learned to get past it because he has excellent information. I also made the mistake of buying one of his books in audio form…yikes - so hard to get through.

(David) #16

Yes. This is the one thing stopping me buying the Complete Guide to Fasting. Maybe I’ll have to remember how to read.

All my favorite ketocasts have been listed already. If anyone happens to be looking for another type of show though, I can’t recommend Harmontown enough. Dan Harmon (Community, Rick & Morty) gets on stage every week with no plan, and talks drunkenly about whatever happens to be bothering him. One of the most human shows I’ve ever seen.

(Jacquie) #18

My favourite podcast, not always keto related, is STEM-Talk - IHMC (Institute for Human and Machine Cognition). They’ve had discussions with quite a few folks that are familiar to us like Peter Attia, Gary Taubes, Doug McGuff, Robb Wolf, Dom D’Agostino and Rhonda Patrick and lots of other interesting people in the field of science and technology.
https://www.ihmc.us/stemtalks/

(Carol Barbeler) #19

There’s a newish one just started this year with Jimmy Moore, Jason Fung, and Megan Ramos, that is a weekly podcast, called “Fasting Talk”. Has a different format each week, and provides a variety of scientific and dietary commentary on IF and EF

(Tom) #20

My podcast currently has over 120 shows on it, some of which I listen to regularly, others I listen to once my regulars are all listened to:

2KD
Mysterious Universe
Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me
Good Job, Brain! (I love my trivia)
99% Invisible (all about the design of things you never thought about)
Osmosis Pathophysiology
Brain Software w/ Mike Mandel
Hypnosis Weekly w/ Adam Eason
Work Smart Hypnosis
The Tim Ferriss Show
The Nerdist
The Way I Heard It with Mike Rowe
The Art of Manliness
The Actual Fluency Podcase for Language Learners
Song Exploder
Limetown (spooky)
A Way with Words
Robb Wolf
The Alton Brown Podcast
Twenty Thousand Hertz (like 99% Invisible, but for sounds)
Daily Knowledge podcast
…and a ton more