Fat Digestion

(Dan Dan) #21

I regularly fast 48 hours my stomach is empty by 8 hours and eliminated between 30 to 50 hours :thinking:

(Dan Dan) #22

That would be something :open_mouth:

(KAREN GUNN) #23

Wonder if it’s reusable…:joy::joy::joy:

(KAREN GUNN) #24

So I guess then I wonder how long it takes your liver to process fat. If I sit down and eat a pound of bacon and it hit the toilet say 24 hrs later. How long does it actually take my liver to process that fat?

(Dan Dan) #25

You first :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Lonnie Hedley) #26

My ONLY interest in digestion was figuring out loose stools. ZC/carnivore has eliminated that issue so I don’t care anymore.

(Gail Williamson Wilkison) #27

I myself still can’t understand if u consume like I’m suppose to 161 fats a day how ur to lose weight

(Dan Dan) #28

Because CICO (calories in calories out) is a myth :thinking:

Keto is about being ‘Fat Adapted’ using ‘Fat as fuel’ rather than ‘Carbs’ ergo the ‘Low Carb High Fat’. Calories only matter if its the wrong kind.

Examples of wrong calories:

1. Restricting Calories (‘Low Calorie’) - Keto is not ‘Calorie Restricted’. Eat until you are ‘Satiated’

2. Restricting Fat - Keto uses ‘Fat as Fuel’. ‘High Dietary Fat’ is necessary to become ‘Fat Adapted’.

3. High Carbs - Keto is ‘Low Net Carb’. 'High Dietary Carbs will delay or prevent ‘Fat adaptation’.

4. Lean Protein - Keto is ‘Moderate Protein’. Lean meat is high in Protein and low in fat. ‘Fatty Meat is Moderate in Protein and Moderate to High in Fat’ and preferable.

Keep it Simple :smile:

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

I’m no expert but I second the call of büllshït based on everything I’ve learned and experienced eating keto and fasting. Article starts off saying you feel sluggish after eating a large meal of burger and fries – which I’d attribute to the sugar crash after the insulin spike from all the carbs and protein. It only sites the one book which says it takes 24 - 72 hours to digest food in general – a very wiiide range, then extrapolates that because it takes so long to break down fat, it must be the fat that takes so long. The moral is to eat smaller meals of 30% fat calories so that you can eat more frequently and not run out of energy. Hmm, that sounds like the basic 6-high-carb-meals a day advice that leads to insulin-resistance. And anyways, slow digestion is better for your insulin response because insulin is released by your pancreas slower. Slowed release of food from the stomach is the explanation of why taking vinegar helps lower blood glucose and insulin response. So slow digestion is actually better for you! Also the article points out that it’s the PROTEIN that’s slowing down digestion when comparing fatty alfredo pasta to a fatty burger – so wtf? Summing up, it’s just a click-bait article that’s confusingly written to ultimately promote a high-carb diet.

(Susan Lawrence) #30

According to Traditional Chinese Medicine our stomach “fire” decreases with age. I’m 66 and I take HCL with most meals.

(Consensus is Politics) #31

Two reasons.
1 - The amount of calories you eat has very little to do with weight gain or loss.

2 - Insulin is the MOST important thing to consider in losing weight. And then the calories matter.

If your normal meal is 2,000 calories a day. You could easily eat upwards of 5,000 calories a day, as long as your insulin levels were low for most of the day. I wasnt counting my calories and ate a certain way for a week. Same foods, everyday. I nether gained or lost any weight. I went back and calculated the calories, thinking the might have been really low, only to find what I had done wrong (portion size was off by a lot). I was eating just less than 5,000 in two meals. Eating between 9 am and 1 pm only. no snacks. no sodas. No artificial sweeteners. Nothing but water with some salt from 1pm until 9 am the next day. Didnt gain, didnt lose. Had I eaten a lot less, I probably would have lost some in that time.

Had I had high insulin levels from carbs, i couldnt even eat the 2,000 calories a day without gaining weight, pretty much every day. I know this by experience. When i was a carbaholic I put on 50 pounds realativly fast.

(Candy Lind) #32

Que es HCL (Is hydrochloric acid actually available to ingest?)?

(Karen) #33

Yes with pepsin. Picked it up online after reading a bunch about it. Interestingly without eating wheat I don’t need it.

K

(Candy Lind) #34

Was it gluten that did you in? Have you seen that low carb bread recipe using vital wheat gluten? I can’t decide whether to pull the trigger and try it because … wheat. But then I have no idea if I am/was sensitive to it. (Talk about getting off-topic! :confounded:)

And, traditional Asian food cultures all incorporate Ginger - great for digestive fire and general circulation and relief of aches & pains - esp for elders but good for anyone. My gut does great when I have a few meals a week that contain a dose of fresh shredded Ginger sauteed in some way - even for a breakfast porridge with almond flour, egg, and sliced green chiles and shallot or scallions.

If I don’t happen to be eating cooked Ginger, I take a capsule of dried Ginger with any heavy meal - and keep the bottle on the kitchen table so I’m reminded to take it. Also, if on feast days I over-indulge in dairy and have a little heartburn or bloat I chew on a 1/2-1 tsp of Fennel seeds, which is a traditional post-meal digestive aid for moving things along and great for sweetening the stomach and breath. :sparkles:

Since eating LCHF/keto, the ancient Ginger & Fennel routines have been my version of ACV and HCL I guess :smiley:

(Karen) #36

I, m pretty sure it was the wheat. But I had some troubles with non wheat breads too. I knew there was a problem with wheat for some time. Took (terrible for you) acid reducers whenever I was going to eat bread, cookies, cake, because I love it. My dad is currently suffering from COPD aggravated by acid reflux, likely from wheat.:worried:

(Candy Lind) #37

I took Rx-dose Prilosec for literally YEARS at recommendation of my allergist - he suspected my asthma was GERD-induced, & I think he was/is right. I need very little asthma medication (except for this time of year when my allergies go through the roof) any more. I’m no longer taking oemeprazole because I’m not experiencing reflux symptoms more than once a month, if that much. :slight_smile: