Fasting until Friday - want to join?

(Karin Geertsma) #1

I plan on starting my first EF in quite sometime today at noon. I plan on breaking Friday at noon (Disneyland day, I can’t fast through that! :smile:). Anyone want to join? The more support the better. I haven’t been very kind to my body lately and I can feel it, it needs a break.

(Lana Porter) #2

I’ve done a few 16 hour fasts but have planned to do a 3 day bone broth fast starting tomorrow if that counts.

(Karin Geertsma) #3

Definitely! Join on in! :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

There is a monthly IF/EF thread for support all the time with fasting You might want to join in over there?

(Karin Geertsma) #5

Awesome, thank you!

(Mel Simpson) #6

I’m planning to do a fat fast until sunday for 5 days starting tonight after dinner and then 10 days of fat and protein. I have been on a carb binge so I need to get back on track

(Mel Simpson) #7

Coming up to 24 hours I fasting and my husband brought me home a chocolate croissant. He’s such an asshole. Anyway I don’t even feel like eating it. I was planning on doing a fat fast but I am actually just fasting today and tomorrow I might eat some eggs and a bit of MCT oil and a fatty coffee.

@Karin_Geertsma Am in the midst of a strange, disjointed fast so I will join in. Today I broke a 3 1/2 day water fast at 87 hours and then feasted on high carbs (100+) and am now turning around with a 60+ hours mostly water fast but plan to allow one cup per day of beef bouillon broth. You might say this is an 87/6/60+ hours fast.

The Wyler’s commercial beef broth is labeled at 5 cals, 0 carbs, 0 protein, 0 fat and 960 sodium per cube. I spice it up with 0 carb spices. It will replace my morning coffee/HWC.

The 87-hour fast dropped my weight -4.4 from 189 to 184.6 … that’s an 11-month loss of 70.8 pounds (from 255.4). Actually I had broken the fast with a less-than-25 total-carb lunch but succumbed to a nice sized serving of my wife’s Dream Pie (aka Mississippi Mud Pie or Four-Layer Delight Pie). Don’t regret it and I’m ready to take 24-hours to empty my glycogen load.

My pattern has been to extended fast strictly for 3-4 days, eat Keto for 3-5 days, then again fast 3-4 days but I always seem to have one day of high-carb eating out mixed in. It has been quite successful but the only drawback has been some stalls and roller coaster weigh-ins. If I can only eliminate that one day of over-feasting I’d have my goals in the bag — only 5-10 pounds away.

(RossanaF) #9

Nice! Congratulations! That’s an amazing loss!
Doing my first EF today. We’ll see how long I can go.