Fasting talk

(James storie) #1

So, I haven’t heard the latest podcast, but I just read on Facebook that Jimmy is leaving! Apparently too many people have complained about his personality. It’s a sad world we live in!

What happened with Jimmy Moore at the weekend?
(Jodi) #2

That’s unfortunate and I hope not true. He did seem a bit angry on the last podcast about “haters” and he kept bringing up a review based on IF vs extended fasting being addressed.

My only complaint is he interrupts Megan to be silly, which I think he does to try to be fun. It doesn’t make me mad or unwilling to listen, I just wish he was more serious like when he has Jason on.

I really enjoy the podcast over all and think it has some great info presented!

oh dear! Personally I find his humor uncomfortable and a little grating - not what he says but his tone, as if he’s not quite at ease and needs to make little jokey comments even at odd moments - but it seems like it’s his podcast as much as IDM’s, and his genuine interest in helping people and long experience in LC and keto make it worthwhile anyway (for me, at least). What would the format be without Jimmy?

(James storie) #4

The post on Facebook was from Jimmy, so I’m sure it true. As far as the format goes, I guess we’ll have to wait and see. He’s been super successful in the podcast world, and he acts exactly the same on keto talk and doesn’t get the criticism. So, I don’t know.

(Tom Seest) #5

Jimmy appeals to a certain audience (my mother is an example), and Dr. Fung and Megan appeal to a specific audience as well. It’s a big pond, with plenty of room to swim in, and it’s growing every day thanks to people like us. So, I’m sure both groups will continue on fine and continue to contribute.

(Jodi) #6

I’ve never listened to his other podcasts, but yes, I just assumed that was his style. He’s very passionate about Keto & fasting, which definitely adds to the content.

(Duncan Kerridge) #7

I stopped listening to fasting talk because I found him too annoying on there, he’s a bit too much of a big kid when Megan’s on. He’s ok on keto talk, I think he gives a bit more deference to the doc.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #8

Jimmy posted a new fasting podcast will start under the IDM name with Megan Ramos etal, Jimmy is continuing with Doc Nally, and Jimmy is considering adding a general podcast like The Jimmy Moore Show.

Just read the FB posts about it after reading this. How sad.

Sometimes Jimmy’s humor annoys me a bit but not nearly as much as Dr. Fung’s rants where he repeats himself over and over for what feels like the entire episode.

Love Megan and I thought Jimmy was mostly fine and kept it interesting.

Just a big bummer it’s going away… but I still like Keto Talk so hopefully that sticks around.

(James storie) #10

Yeah, I think the general podcast is a good idea.

(James storie) #11

I agree. The podcast wouldn’t be where it is right now without Jimmy.

(James storie) #12

Latest news, now the podcast has been canceled completely per Jimmy on instagram. Apparently Dr. Fung and Meagan didn’t realize how much work a podcast was.

(Jen Andrew) #13

I was getting a little annoyed with the silly music interrupting guests in the middle of a sentence . Jimmy does this often lately, even on his LLVLC podcast he started interrupting with his silly music to the point where the speakers could not remember what he or she was talking about. The guest speakers feel bad and embarrassed not being able to continue their thoughts. Otherwise I love Jimmy Moore and his podcasts, all of them… If he could only stop interrupting his guests with his silly music :smiley: I read his post on FB and looks like they didn’t like his style, I don’t see anything wrong with his style, the only thing I can see change is the interruption with music.?

(Jane Reed) #14

IDM is apparently going to publish a fasting podcast under another name.

I, too, am not a big fan of Jimmy’s silliness. At the same time, I am a big fan of all his 'casts and have been for many years. I very much regret this change. I hope Jimmy continues Fasting Talk with a different format.

(Mary Ann) #15

This had me cringing too. I felt really bad for the guests.

(James storie) #16

I have to agree with this one, the music breaks seem to only work on keto talk. Doc Nally embraces the silliness.

(Thao Le) #17

@carl and @richard can help Megan and Dr. Fung with their new podcast?

(Adam Kirby) #18

Hmm very interesting. Jimmy’s style is kind of grating but it works very with with Doc Nally.

I think that all in all this is good news. I’m glad that the IDM team will be making their own podcast the way they are comfortable with, and Jimmy is a wealth of information and does his thing well with Dr.Nally. I didn’t care for his style with Megan Ramos at all though I still listened to it for all the great information.

(James storie) #20

I agree, I believe this is going to work out for the best. I just hated the possibility that there wouldn’t be a fasting podcast available. Happy fasting!