Fasting talk

(Danielle) #21

I had thought that the most recent several podcasts with Megan and Jimmy seemed tense. Guess there was something else going on. Some people just don’t “mesh” well. I also noticed that Jimmy Moore will not be attending Ketofest… I kinda wonder if these things are connected?!?

(Cathy) #22

I think J.M.'s ‘funny attempts’ are lame and embarrassing for everyone involved. He might consider stepping back to the role of just interviewing as he once did and leave all the ‘jokes’ and comments out. He used to be a lot less annoying. This guy has done so much for getting the word out ~ it would be a shame to see him tank after being such a great advocate for low carb/keto/fasting.

(Michelle) #23

On this IG post, he says Megan informed him. His continual interruptions are so disrespectful. I noticed when Fung was on, he wouldn’t do that with him. I wonder if this is why Megan and Jason walked away. I doubt Jimmy walked away.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I thought the content was good, Megan and Jason are great, but I found his infantile interjections annoying and distracting, and the continuous “haha, just kidding”. I did think he sounded like an egotist as well, and what Jason Fung has written about what’s happened (which passes the sniff test for me) seems to bear that out. Doesn’t deal with criticism well.

(Bart) #25

I personally can not stand Jimmy Moore’s humor or podcasting style. I only listened to Fasting Talk for Megan Ramos and Dr. Fung. I stopped listening to it a month or so ago because of Jimmy Moore. I can not stand listening to his LLVLC show due to his style and will only listen to it if there is a guest that I just do not want to miss. I do listen to Keto Talk but that is 100% to hear what Dr. Nally has to say and wish that Jimmy Moore had nothing to do with it.

I do understand that some people may enjoy his style and humor, but for me it is 100% off-putting. I cringe when I hear him laugh at his own ridiculous jokes and can not stand when he interrupts guests to make some completely not funny comment that he proceeds to laugh at. His playing music off of his phone is terrible as well.

More power to those who like his style and he will still have an audience, it will just never be as big as it was when he was the only show in town on keto and fasting topics.

Jimmy Moore is a business man, selling books and ad-space on his shows. He makes his living from his books and podcasts. I wish him well and hope he will achieve his goals with the audience that likes his style of broadcasting.

(Adam Kirby) #26

Doc Nally is an amazing font of information.

(Michelle) #27

Love Doc Nally. They both play well with each other and Doc puts up with his antics.

(Christopher Avery) #28

Interesting. I actually came to this thread to read about fasting. :footprints:

(Bacon for the Win) #29

let’s keep in mind that he (Jimmy Moore) is also a human being who probably reads this forum. Let’s try to be a little less harsh with the criticism. He’s done a LOT for the keto community even if he’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

(Siobhan) #30

Agreed. It is always very wise to remember that Jimmy Moore is a person just like everyone else, and that this forum is a public space and there is always a chance people you talk about here will come across it.
Criticism is okay, but try to be respectful at the same time, just like you would want people to be respectful about keto people you enjoy/respect even if they don’t necessarily like their style.

I’ll be interested to see how this develops, and wish Jimmy well, even if his humor style wasn’t for me. I know there are plenty of people who like him and I’m sure he’s not going to give up on being a keto advocate.

That’s a good thing, if we’re his intended audience, right?

(Bart) #32

People who put themselves out in the public need to be prepared for not everyone to agree with or like them. If a person can not take or handle honest criticism then maybe they should not put themselves in a position to receive it. Shaming people, personally attacking people for things they can not help or control I feel is completely inappropriate and possibly bullying. There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving an honest criticism about something. Just like books, plays, magazines, movies and television shows get reviewed and criticized so should podcasts and blogs. I believe it would be entirely appropriate for a person to criticize a comedians jokes and entirely inappropriate to criticize their personal appearance. Jimmy Moore has been at this podcast thing for a long time and I would hope by now he does not expect every single person to like or agree with him. Honest reviews of work give the ability to the person that has done to work to make changes, if they desire.

Here are a couple nice quotes about criticism that I like…

“What is to be prized? An audience clapping? No. No more than the clacking of their tongues. Which is all that public praise amounts to–a clacking of tongues.”

• Marcus Aurelius

“Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.”
– Aristotle

(Thao Le) #33

Interesting, he removed these IG posts.

(Michelle) #34

Wow, that’s weird. I have a feeling there is some serious bad blood brewing between these people. I do hope they can work it out and get over any misunderstandings and hurt feelings.

I really would love a podcast with Megan and Jason!!! I hope they move forward with that.

(Cathy) #35

I heard he removed the F.B. posts too. I take that to mean that they are not relevant any longer. Even though the podcast is done, it would be nice if there was no animosity.

Right back at`cha @jamestorie ! 26 hours in now and heading to bed. (It’s late in my neck of the woods)

I enjoyed Fasting Talk and don’t want it to end. I agree with the comments regarding Jimmy’s use of his “sounds”. They often came late…after he had to hunt for them on his iPhone…and often interrupted the speaker’s train of thought. That’s what I found annoying, was the interruption. If they were planned, which they couldn’t be as it’s not a presentation/talk format but an interaction with the hosts and guests, it wouldn’t have been so bad.

I’m fasting right now and referenced Jason and Jimmy’s Complete Guide to Fasting book to verify my liquid consumption. I am fasting with coffee and bone broth, with a bit of cream and/or butter added, and of course, water. I cannot do the Zorn Fast this month as I’ll be vacationing, so I’m fasting this Monday through Thursday before I leave on Friday. So, I guess I’m at about 36 hours in right now and feel amazing! Each time I fast I am blown away by how freeing it is not to eat and how wonderful it feels! My house is super clean when I fast as I have to place the extra energy somewhere!!! :wink:

(Randy) #38

I think Jimmy has helped a lot of people, and he has my respect for that. His style is just not my cup of tea so to speak. He tries too hard to be funny. He’s not.

(betsy.rome) #39

I listen to keto podcasts a lot. I listen for both information & entertainment.
Jimmy Moore, his heart’s in the right place, his info is great, but his constant un-funny jokes can be off-putting, as are his long ads. Maybe he’ll realize he doesn’t need to resort to clever tricks to keep listeners. His style is a little slick for me - he’s not selling snake-oil, but sounds like he is. I hit the +15 seconds button a lot.

All the keto podcasts except 2KetoDudes seem to suffer from repetitiveness. Jimmy, Megan and Dr. Fung all repeat themselves endlessly, I get the impression that they’re trying to fill the time.

@richard and @carl do such a pro job of combining good production values, an effective program format and their own interest in keeping it real, that we are spoiled! Keep up the great work, keto dudes.

(Tim W) #40

I agree with you about them being repetitive. I got the sense that “they are going to have a HARD time finding enough comment to keep this podcast going”. How many times/different ways can you convey the message (fasting is good for you, it improves insulin response, it costs nothing, don’t be scared, get your sodium!).

I enjoyed the show and,a someone who fasts often and for extended durations, I learned a great deal BUT didn’t think they could keep it interesting for much longer.