Fasting Partner?

(Nicole Sawchuk) #41

How did it go? I made it and broke my fast last night. I felt great all day yesterday with lots of energy. I could’ve fasted longer but psychologically I wanted some food. Felt a little sluggish after eating but after going for a walk with the kids and doing some cleaning I felt energized again.

My weight stayed steady and was the same this morning. So no weight loss but my cold seems to gone! So goal accomplished!

(Vladaar Malane) #42

Day 2 of my fast weighed in 185 and had my black coffee. I just went to Gym and did 30 minutes of cardio. Crazy almost 4 pounds in one day fast, I would like to get down to the 160’s though before I do the 2 day egg fast to break this extended water fast, but not sure how my body will react to it as I’m getting closer to my ideal weight.

I broke mine too yesterday. I did feel slightly sluggish but I was up on my feet and busy all day until about one hour prior to bed. My biggest mistake was to have a cup of decaf coffee day 3. My stomach hurt all day. I’m also wondering if there is more I can do to prevent dehydration. I was drinking some water and having some with extra salt in it too but it wasn’t enough.
I have been listening to a Dr Pompa on YouTube. He makes me want to go right into another fast. After listening to him I may try another fast next Monday through Wednesday. Or go on the Zorn fast with the others.
Eventually I would like to work my way to 5 day fasting.
I would always be looking for a fasting buddy…it helps!
Great that your cold improved. In fact just this morning that Dr. Pompa quoted the old saying “starve a cold feed a fever”.
S

Hey for anyone interested I am planning another 3 day fast starting this Sunday night. Unfortunately I can’t join in on the Zorn fast this month because I will be going out of town and spending time with family.
Maybe next month!

(Vladaar Malane) #45

Starting day 3 weighed in at 183 pounds.

(Beth) #46

I’ll join you! I can always use a fasting buddy.
I did different IF for several months but my body got used to OMAD and I don’t lose on it anymore. Extended fasts are the only way the last of my weight is coming off.

Perfect!
Starting Monday please let’s keep in touch

I’m needing to loose some weight but also really excited about the other benefits of longer term fasting. I heard scientifically that five days is optimal for all the health benefits.

I would love to work up to being able to do a five day fast.

THANK YOU for joining me

(Beth) #48

Have you spent some time getting fat adapted? Longer extended fasting became much easier once I did that.

Yes I have been on a ketogenic diet since a October

(Vladaar Malane) #50

Day 4 today weighing in at 180.2 pounds. Gonna head to Gym for some cardio.

Good job!!

(Vladaar Malane) #52

Weighed in on day 5 178.8. I am breaking fast today with 2 fried eggs.

Hit Wall with Insulin Resistance and Food Craving

Congratulations
You did good
How many days?

Five

My husband and I ate fasting (trying😬) for 5 days starting Monday.

(Beth) #56

Hey fasting buddy, are you ready?
I had a great couple of days re-feeding after my 96 hour fast last week. Stayed in ketosis during the re-feed, even with a couple of glasses of wine last night. I am back to fasting now. Let’s have a great week and drop some pounds!

Sounds good.
I haven’t done much extended fasting so last week after 3 day fast I kind of ate some stuff I shouldn’t have😬.
I was 0.5 ketosis reading today.
I am shooting for 5 days.

(Beth) #58

Me too! I dropped to .7 after a party Saturday night, but I had a great time, enjoyed the food and wine, and got back to fasting. That’s why I like this way of staying in ketosis/losing weight/healing. When life happens I can stop and enjoy myself and the meal offered, then go back to it. I plan to keep doing that until I hit goal weight next month. I’m halfway there!

How much weight are you looking to loose?
20lbs would put me tomorrow high school weight of 118lbs but I would be happy with loosing 15.

Actually by living a lifestyle of feasting/ fasting

who knows how much I could loose at 60??

I’m good with slow just so long as it’s steady!!

(Beth) #60

I’m about the same. About 15-17 pounds more (lost 17.5 so far). My goal is 18 to 20% body fat. Tomorrow I get a DXA scan & bone density scan so I will have a better idea of how many pounds to go.