Fasting Partner?

Is that expensive?

(Beth) #62

I found a place that does both for $150.
I live in Kansas City and from what I could find online that seemed to be the average around here.
I found one for less at St Lukeā€™s health system but it reads fat and lean mass only and I may try it in the future. For right now I am really overdue for the bone density scan.

(Denise G) #63

37 hours in, feel strong in spite of the restless night. So far only water and coffee. Striving for noon Thursday.

I see.
I guess I hadnā€™t thought about it but I am 60.

Tomorrow I am going to the doctor because I hurt my hip maybe I will run it by her. I donā€™t think they will cover the dexa scam but a bone scan my insurance will possibly cover.

Day twoā€¦feeling good! Lost a few carb/water weight lbs. Iā€™m further into ketosis and BG dropping just as it should be.

Good job Denice!
I canā€™t do coffee it wrecks my stomach
Iā€™m striving for 5 on Fridayā€¦weā€™ll see.
So far so good. All Iā€™v had is water and some salt.

Day 3!
Iā€™m half way thereā€¦
Weight the same but Ketones up (3.7) from yesterday and BG 50. Hope thatā€™s okay :grimacing:
I had a few tiny sips of my husbands coffee but other than that just sipping water all day. My husband and I are both cold but the weather is 90Ā° . We turned off the AC for a while last night.
Iā€™m the least hungry in the morning and the MOST in the evening a couple hours prior to bed. I think I read somewhere that is one of those hunger hormones acting up so I ignored it.
I wish I could stop thinking about foodā€¦

(Beth) #67

You go, girl! Youā€™re doing great!
Yes, I read that ghrelin, the hunger hormone, spikes in the evening around 7-8 pm. I get the same hunger pangs as you. I tell myself I can eat in the morning if I am still hungry, then of course I never feel hungry in the morning. I felt chilly during my first extended fast, but then it got better. I just keep an extra sweater at my desk and an extra blanket on the bed. So glad itā€™s June and not January!!

(Beth) #68

How are you feeling? Have you decided how to break your fast tomorrow?

Yesterday was rough! When I went to bed my stomach just hurt! I was going to get up and break the fast and eat (at 11pm) it hurt so bad. My husband convinced me to just eat a couple olives so I did. All the aches and pain in my stomach left. Must have been stomach acid.
Anyway I lost another lb and ketones up to 5 and BG down to 50. I wish I could say I feel like a million bucks!!! But I donā€™t. I donā€™t feel too bad though, definitely better than yesterday.
I plan to break the fast around dinner time tomorrow with bone broth and an Avacado. Iā€™ll give that some time and then after that weā€™ll see. Maybe a small omelet and some cooked veggies. I have been known to break a fast with some unusual foodsā€¦oops.
My stomach is toughā€¦lol. But this time I want to be more gentle on myself. Also I have never fasted this long before.
How about you? How are you feeling and how do you break your fast?

(Beth) #70

I broke mine on olives and a little fermented sauerkraut. Then an hour later had beef, mayo, cauliflower doused in pesto. Pecans for dessert.
No tummy trouble, but I notice that the next day I donā€™t have the same mental clarity I get while fasting. I feel best eating smaller portions, but I overate a couple times just because I liked eating again.
I ate for three days, then back to fasting. I tried to fast again after one day of re-feeding, but I am finding that pushes it too much. I seem to need about the same amount of time eating as fasting, but that could be affected by lots of things like sleep and stress.
In June I fasted for 13 days straight the first half of the month. The second half of the month I did 3 to 4 day IFs. I lost 13 pounds total for the month, and it has stayed off so farā€¦ so about the half pound per day that Dr. Fung predicts.

Wowā€¦13 days! Thatā€™s inspirational