Fasting Partner?

(Ron) #21

Reached the 48 hr mark and still going. Slight digestive stress but it didn’t last long. The will power IS being tested now being home from work and sitting around thinking about how hungry I am. ( is this what they call mental hungry?) :grin:

My stomach is feeling empty.
I’m feeling good about it nearing the end of the day.
Originally I was going to fast until dinner tomorrow but I would love to go to Thursday breakfast.

(Ron) #23

Yea, if you make it through tomorrow dinner it is pretty easy to sleep and make it til morning. I usually break fasts around noon and gradually introduce small amounts with light dinner first day after fast.

(Vladaar Malane) #24

Starting now myself but may go longer than 3 days. I plan on ending the fast with a 2 day egg fast.

(Ron) #25

Is this just eggs only to satiety or just a steady increase through the day? You have my curiosity sparked.:thinking:

(Vladaar Malane) #26

Eggs to satiety I believe, but I’m using it more to ease off the water fast, with correct fat to protein ratios. Instead of binging when coming off fast and gaining half weight back. At least that is my hope for doing that. I’ll do probably 2 fried eggs for lunch and 2 boiled eggs for dinner on the egg fast.

I’ve never done egg fast before, but I’ve heard people have good results.

(Ron) #27

I’m on a 5 day water fast (except black decaf coffee in morning) and this will be my longest so far ( I usually go 78hr fasts) so am open to new ways to break it. This sounds interesting, might give it a try. Makes sense about the ratio balance.

(Vladaar Malane) #28

Yeah, plus family sees me eating so they don’t freak out about how long I’m fasting. So, I’ve done 7 day water fast before, I may do this one for 7 days, then do 2 days of egg fast. Anyway, I’ll give it a go, been exercising really hard and will see how my energy levels hold.

Noon would be better. Then I could go back to my I f schedule

(Ron) #30

Sounds like a good goal and since today is almost over, your past half way there.:+1: I’m thinking I might break Thurs as well with the light egg break thurs evening and heavy egg day friday. Experimenting is kind of fun.:sunglasses:

(Vladaar Malane) #31

I weigh in at 189 this morning in. I ate heaps all keto but past 3 days gained 3 pounds feasting. Hopefully my body will be thoroughly confident I’m not starving in extended fast and confused enough I burn some belly fat.

Hopefully
Maybe more feasting/fasting cycle would help.
Lately I have been on a 20/4 intermittent fasting routine.
Not loosing much but not eating all that much either.
It’s hard to eat a lot during the four hour window.
I’m wondering if I should do that more myself.
I’m down 2 lbs… that would be great if the weight stayed off!!
We’ll see…

Today I’m hungry (no big surprise!)
I didn’t sleep well last night and I was very very cold yesterday.
I’m wondering if my body is telling me to stop the fast . I’m going to try to go to dinner like I originally planned and then stop. That would be three whole days.

(Nicole Sawchuk) #34

Made it to day 3 morning! I’ve been sleeping well and honestly my energy levels are great. I still have a stuffed nose, but it hasn’t impacted my sleep and its not like I am blowing my nose very often. In fact this longer fast has been pretty easy! I think it has really helped me fight this cold easily. My husband is still coughing and snotty and he had this cold over 2 weeks ago! I have had a couple of cups of bone broth and salt but that’s it. My blood glucose levels have been higher than I am normally used to but I attribute that to my body fighting the virus so I am not too concern.
As usual, I really haven’t lost any weight. I am in a serious plateau and have been for the last 5 months. Although I have less than 10 lbs to lose so it isn’t the biggest deal for me.

(Ron) #35

I also had a hard time sleeping last night and seem a little lethargic today. I’m at 65 hrs and will see how I feel at the 72 hr mark before determining whether to break or push on. I was down 5 lbs this morning but always give about half of the loss back on re-feed. Will still be happy with a 2 lb loss though.

UGood job Ron!
I go back-and-forth whether I want to push through today until tomorrow noon or just go ahead and break the fast this evening…stil thinking about it but I know one thing for sure it has really helped me to fast with you (Ron) and the others.
Thank you
Also I’ve been listening to some really wonderful YouTube/podcast on the benefits of fasting
it’s inspiring
if I break my fast today I will continue to fast for the rest of my life. (Off and on of course) So healthy.
I would like to work up to 5-7 days eventually.
I also have between 10 -15 lbs to go. I am at the high range of what wound be a normal weight for me but it’s high for me. I have never weighed this much in my life.

(Ron) #37

S,
Thinking I am going to go ahead and break for dinner this evening as I am dealing with a little headache. This will give me plenty of time to get ready for June Zornfast in a week or so.
I have enjoyed the support! Let’s do it again sometime.:ok_hand:

When/what is June zornfest??

(Ron) #39

The third week of the month Brenda Zorn invites everyone in the community to join her. Here is a thread about it.-

Go here -
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/fast/zornfast

Sounds cool
I will definitely be fast food more I love fast next week