Fasting Partner?

(Nicole Sawchuk) #34

Made it to day 3 morning! I’ve been sleeping well and honestly my energy levels are great. I still have a stuffed nose, but it hasn’t impacted my sleep and its not like I am blowing my nose very often. In fact this longer fast has been pretty easy! I think it has really helped me fight this cold easily. My husband is still coughing and snotty and he had this cold over 2 weeks ago! I have had a couple of cups of bone broth and salt but that’s it. My blood glucose levels have been higher than I am normally used to but I attribute that to my body fighting the virus so I am not too concern.
As usual, I really haven’t lost any weight. I am in a serious plateau and have been for the last 5 months. Although I have less than 10 lbs to lose so it isn’t the biggest deal for me.

(Ron) #35

I also had a hard time sleeping last night and seem a little lethargic today. I’m at 65 hrs and will see how I feel at the 72 hr mark before determining whether to break or push on. I was down 5 lbs this morning but always give about half of the loss back on re-feed. Will still be happy with a 2 lb loss though.

UGood job Ron!
I go back-and-forth whether I want to push through today until tomorrow noon or just go ahead and break the fast this evening…stil thinking about it but I know one thing for sure it has really helped me to fast with you (Ron) and the others.
Thank you
Also I’ve been listening to some really wonderful YouTube/podcast on the benefits of fasting
it’s inspiring
if I break my fast today I will continue to fast for the rest of my life. (Off and on of course) So healthy.
I would like to work up to 5-7 days eventually.
I also have between 10 -15 lbs to go. I am at the high range of what wound be a normal weight for me but it’s high for me. I have never weighed this much in my life.

(Ron) #37

S,
Thinking I am going to go ahead and break for dinner this evening as I am dealing with a little headache. This will give me plenty of time to get ready for June Zornfast in a week or so.
I have enjoyed the support! Let’s do it again sometime.:ok_hand:

When/what is June zornfest??

(Ron) #39

The third week of the month Brenda Zorn invites everyone in the community to join her. Here is a thread about it.-

Go here -
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/fast/zornfast

Sounds cool
I will definitely be fast food more I love fast next week

(Nicole Sawchuk) #41

How did it go? I made it and broke my fast last night. I felt great all day yesterday with lots of energy. I could’ve fasted longer but psychologically I wanted some food. Felt a little sluggish after eating but after going for a walk with the kids and doing some cleaning I felt energized again.

My weight stayed steady and was the same this morning. So no weight loss but my cold seems to gone! So goal accomplished!

(Vladaar Malane) #42

Day 2 of my fast weighed in 185 and had my black coffee. I just went to Gym and did 30 minutes of cardio. Crazy almost 4 pounds in one day fast, I would like to get down to the 160’s though before I do the 2 day egg fast to break this extended water fast, but not sure how my body will react to it as I’m getting closer to my ideal weight.

I broke mine too yesterday. I did feel slightly sluggish but I was up on my feet and busy all day until about one hour prior to bed. My biggest mistake was to have a cup of decaf coffee day 3. My stomach hurt all day. I’m also wondering if there is more I can do to prevent dehydration. I was drinking some water and having some with extra salt in it too but it wasn’t enough.
I have been listening to a Dr Pompa on YouTube. He makes me want to go right into another fast. After listening to him I may try another fast next Monday through Wednesday. Or go on the Zorn fast with the others.
Eventually I would like to work my way to 5 day fasting.
I would always be looking for a fasting buddy…it helps!
Great that your cold improved. In fact just this morning that Dr. Pompa quoted the old saying “starve a cold feed a fever”.
S

Hey for anyone interested I am planning another 3 day fast starting this Sunday night. Unfortunately I can’t join in on the Zorn fast this month because I will be going out of town and spending time with family.
Maybe next month!

(Vladaar Malane) #45

Starting day 3 weighed in at 183 pounds.

(Beth) #46

I’ll join you! I can always use a fasting buddy.
I did different IF for several months but my body got used to OMAD and I don’t lose on it anymore. Extended fasts are the only way the last of my weight is coming off.

Perfect!
Starting Monday please let’s keep in touch

I’m needing to loose some weight but also really excited about the other benefits of longer term fasting. I heard scientifically that five days is optimal for all the health benefits.

I would love to work up to being able to do a five day fast.

THANK YOU for joining me

(Beth) #48

Have you spent some time getting fat adapted? Longer extended fasting became much easier once I did that.

Yes I have been on a ketogenic diet since a October

(Vladaar Malane) #50

Day 4 today weighing in at 180.2 pounds. Gonna head to Gym for some cardio.

Good job!!

(Vladaar Malane) #52

Weighed in on day 5 178.8. I am breaking fast today with 2 fried eggs.

Hit Wall with Insulin Resistance and Food Craving

Congratulations
You did good
How many days?