Fasting and Carnivore

(Elizabeth ) #41

Actually fasting if you’re not eating carnivore is a great way to heal your body. But I help mod the Zero Carb Health group on Facebook that’s been there over 12 years and we have hundreds of fasting refugees especially older women, that severely damaged their metabolism from fasting. So if that’s what you want to do, you won’t want to be in our group because we don’t even allow discussion of it other than to reference people to the experiences of the veterans and the science of the person who’s been researching this the longest, Dr Stephen Phinney and even Amber O’Hearn. You’re not going to find any science on somebody eating only meat whether it’s good or bad. But we do have experience from thousands of people. Trust me, these admins and vets have done this for free, hours a day, for over a decade. if it was something that was appropriate and helpful to a carnivore they would be promoting it.

This is why I am not a member of that group. It is like a cult.

MT I agree with you.

Any one does diet off the lbs all the time. And gains it all back.

Why do you think Weight Watchers and Jenny C are in business LOL

cause the plans don’t work long term. There is no true healing and real change in the foods and more so people then use IF as a ‘starvation’ trick to help it all along.

NOW that is not saying ever that fasting doesn’t have benefits. It absolutely DOES but if a true carnivore is asked about fasting, it would never be used in a ‘set plan’ situation.

We ‘loosely say fast word here’ by natural eating. Not hungry, don’t eat. Hungry eat. And anyone knows going lower and lower on the carb scale that we get less and less hungry cause our bodies are fed and well nourished. We are healing.

Those who are set in fasting plans like IF and have windows etc…….let’s get info on all of them going OFF it and see if they gain back cause they eat more cause their body is asking for it??? That would be a very interesting study actually…one I have to say I haven’t truly seen out there.

She is saying on a true carnivore forum there is not a discussion in more depth about this type of thing…including intentional fasting cause it is not anything they even want on their forums.

All strict forums are gonna tell ya like it is in truth LOL it isn’t a play game for them at all, we believe in the science as we believe tho,

Not a cult. People true to the original plan and it is the best darn plan out there if one thrives on it and wants it :slight_smile:

She is not saying it can’t be discussed here at all :slight_smile:

E makes great points in that I think she is like me. We did the true carnivore forums, go by the science behind it. Newbies on those forums are told the truth about fasting and all and how it would never fit into the plan.

so that is her just saying that there are tighter tough forums that keep people on the right track out there and are very hardcore on the carnivore. So they follow the plan tight and give info to newbies but this being a KETO forum more plans are followed and it gets a tad confusing when trying to explain to a keto user how the carnivore plan really works in depth and reasons why and science behind it :slight_smile:

I see what you’re saying, and I appreciate your points, but what I’m saying is that when I eat carnivore I feel great and maintain. Fasting is helping me lose more body fat. I’ve lost 65 lbs in 3 years doing carnivore heavily the last 6 months. The point is that I do NOT regain weight I lose fasting, I keep it off because I have a healthy carnivore WOE. I seldomly eat any vegetables or dairy and I am thankful to have learned about it. If most carnivores think fasting is so awful then they are free to feel that way, I am certainly not an example of a yo-yo dieter regaining eveything from fasting. It seems rather like a red-herring to blame weight regain on fasting–only people who eat SAD are going to have this issue. I also disagree with Phinney regarding his arguments that fasting is detrimental.

Good post MT

you are making it ALL work for you perfectly as you need.
I always applaud that effort for anyone making big changes in their lives fighting against the horrible foods out there :slight_smile:

You have a handle on this. You got control over what works for you and it is a plus. I know you have experience and smart on it all.

Thing is for a newbie into carnivore you never want to say IF or EF.

They need to personally learn about it and when they know or are introuduced to it early on without experience as you have had…then we got some troubles that can literally not let them come into this way of life and failure can happen.

So this is a great chat actually on how a newbie and a more pro into this way of life can handle things.

This makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks cause being in the carnivore category of this forum I just wanted to point out to newbies that this was not the way to proceed.

Adopting any kind of early IF etc. in the true carnivore plan.

But with a more experienced person obviously learning the truth of food and effects and getting wonderful results thru the years…your experiments suit you so well. You made that personal plan that works for you long term.

A newbie is one who might just not have a clue on any of it and needs the ‘walk thru the true plan’ and then becomes more independent over the years. They will hold the true carnivore ways or they will adopt whatever the heck they want to adopt that suits them so well. :slight_smile:

(Elizabeth ) #49

Saying something is a cult doesn’t make it one :slight_smile: but here’s the reason behind why we have a couple very strict groups on Facebook. They are also the oldest carnivore groups with the long-term 10 plus year veterans. Even 20 years. http://www.zerocarbhealth.com/?s=Dogma

I’m glad on here we can talk about carnivore and fasting without being banned. Also, I still think if you are interested in the concept, explore for yourself. I don’t care what any 20 year veterans from the ZIOH movement say about it.You can see the way people say “true” carnivore, as if people who use fasting are not “true” carnivores. It’s the language of exclusion and exclusivity of orthodoxy. Hence, cult language.

One final thought on this whole discussion–this is in many ways like disputes between catholics and protestants or protestants and other protestants about small details of theological conviction. To some people they are very important and sacrosanct, to others not, but we all sort of believe in the same “god” of WOE and approach to health.

I get ya but heavens not ever say religion differences etc…LOL you know that would only go into horrible land real fast HA

thing is truly a ‘true carnivore’ in the plan itself as adopted by all and into the 10s of thousands and the more never that are online etc…it is a truth. It is a truth that a ‘intentional fast’ is not ever required and should never be adopted’

now saying that…obviously people walking this path will be keto, lc, low fat/low kcals and come into all these menu changes and walk the path we all walked.

but you can not deny the plan of what it is. the truth about the plan as it is intended.

just tell a low carber that 120g is low carb to some and that 20g is needed for ketosis and one that eats 80g per day and needs no ketosis to thrive and and and LOL

oh no never worry about the ban stuff etc…it is all good chat and just for us hardcore people who follow the plan we MUST state the plan truths and best ever results from all those who follow…….vs. what it takes in the long run for others to experiment in the carnivore area.

anyone not following a true carnivore plan probably never visited a true carnivore forum or truly never believed the science behind it.

those that fast on purpose are not ‘true’ plan followers BUT have made it work for them.

not a darn thing wrong with that :slight_smile:

It isn’t cult language tho for those who don’t follow the faith and truth of a simple eat meat and have some water any time you feel the need…which is the so simple basic of carnivore…will feel it too tight and narrow.

but those of us here believe we can go into the true original reasons that this works. that the science is good. the plan works well for most if not muddied. It is just so simple and should be followed in its simplicity as just a general guideline of what a true carnivore plan is all about.

so…….yea it is kinda this kinda that LOL I get it :slight_smile: but if one is on a carnivore category site and wants to chat carnivore then let’s chat the real deal on it and not play with it all.

Also remember…The Blue Frosting Only Cake Club. Members only make blue cakes and they adhere by these rules for this club. A red cake lover comes into this group…ut oh LOL

The Skydiving Newbie Club…one requirement to be in this club is follow this rule…you must Skydive within 1 month. All do it and are members. Someone joins who won’t jump…ut oh…

Bank says…New Members get $500 for New Account. Yup you meet the rules and you are accepted into this limited offer. You try and try to get the free $500 but you aren’t a person who will ever accepted cause you aren’t meeting the requirements of a new member. Well?

Why is it truly so hard for someone who is a ‘true’ carnivore and follows the ‘set out there rules’ of what carnivore lifestyle entails not feel it is important for others to meet these requirements to say they are a true carnivore? And living this lifestyle?

yet it is a tough pill to swallow that some feel they are there but don’t actually fit into a set plan of what it is. But heck that is so fine cause everyone must be where they need to be.

Food eating plans are so numerous, so personal and so subjective in a ton of ways. I absolutely understand that.

It doesn’t matter if one fits into a category or not…….but it does matter to one WHO wants to fit in exactly as the plan is written and other’s play the game of manipulating the facts into their personal plan. A small part of a forum that caters to those doing the plan and want that chat. That personal talk only. A person avoiding fruit doesn’t go onto a fruit only eating venue and find they are cool with it. A person eating some fake sweetener in a meal won’t join a ‘never eat sweetener’ forum.

Us hardcore plan followers want one thing. In a carnivore category on a site just tell the truth of the plan and let ANY and ALL newbies realize there is a set plan and tons of science to back it up. The truth of the plan.

That is all I am saying on any of this.

We all know what we are and how we have to make it work.

Being hardcore and faith in the plan because of the science makes me ‘true’ to plan. Far from cult culture yet so many are someone irked by someone holding true to the plan and voicing the carnivore lifestyle.

I don’t get it LOL Being proud of your plan is not a cult culture nor is it being anything else but prideful in what you love to do, how you love to live and thrive…yet so many can’t understand and never will. Is all this right or wrong…heck that is an opinion of each of us and never all will match up on it :slight_smile:

Those eating 110 g saying the are low carb…oh boy the fur flies on that and many would say someone eating that ain’t even close to lc.

Cause if you are in a plan you opted for…Keto Plan has a set kinda carb limit…Weight Watchers says you can eat up to XYZ carb limit…Atkins says eat this carb limit first then climb the carb ladder etc.

well if you do that plan you follow the plan rules to be hardcore.

those in any of those plans that opt to change it up…do for them…live it as they see the rules as a set and finite best part of that plan are just basically hardcore followers of that plan.

True Carnivores are no different :slight_smile:

so just chatting it out as needed I feel cause I don’t want any bad feelings or anyting.

everyone who makes any and all plans work is great. combinations of plans and more…I so understand it!

But because one wants to tell the truth of a plan, the guts of the science behind it, the what to do and not do to be a member of the club…you can’t start throwing out not so inclusive words or phrases that minimalizes the truth of the plan.

I don’t think a true carnivore following the ‘set in rules’ for this plan ever needs to justify, apologize or be told it is oh so wrong for just following the plan they love and follow in faith. Would you expect others to change whatever they follow just to allow other’s who want to add, subtract, corrupt a set of eating plan rules and science others live by. Nope.
ok ya’ll have at me LOL it is cool cause I am just saying what I feel on it all

(Elizabeth ) #54

I agree with this 100%. I think sometimes people get a little triggered when they are doing 100% carnivore because they have to. Trust me I would not have willingly given up caramel and raspberries and asparagus and peaches unless it was medically necessary for my health. So it can be very discouraging and frustrating and confusing for new people when someone says they’re carnivore but still uses olive oil or eats avocados. In fact there’s a crazy lady around Twitter that eats mostly fruit but because she eats a hamburger once in a while she calls herself a carnivore. For me it’s always about keeping the boundaries clear so that the new people coming in can understand what has worked for the majority for a decade or more. The number one reason people leave carnivore is that they try to compromise with keto or cheat days and that’s also because they’re not eating enough meat they don’t think somehow that it’s really okay to eat three pounds of ribeyes a day. all I ask is try it for 30 days try it the way that has been proven to work for a very long time by thousands of people. and then if you personally can add stuff back then more power to you and those of us that can’t are going to be a little jealous :slight_smile:

(Elizabeth ) #55

wonderful post E.
simple and to the facts :slight_smile:

I just hope all reading understand where it all comes from.

Lol… OKAY… you guys win, if it makes you feel better I’ll just tell you you are right. Congratulations for being right.

HA HA MT…I get it :slight_smile:

it is cool

those of us just preserving the category of carnivore just need to say this stuff :slight_smile: fault in us, maybe but for newbies needing this info it is important. For those needing a carnivore lifestyle and want the facts need to hear this so it is a win win for everyone on a carnivore plan category chat.

all good in the end of it all!!

(Bob M) #59

Doesn’t Amber O’Hearn drink coffee? If so, why is she still in your “club” of those who only eat meat?

OMG!!! One of the main proponents of carnivore…isn’t truly carnivore.

Should she be expelled from the “club”?

If not, why can’t people practice IF or EF while carnivore?

I gotta say this is one reason I get turned off by carnivore. You people seem ultra-clickish.

(Elizabeth ) #60