Fasting accountability buddy. Anyone up for it?

3 days, 9 hours in…Like this blood ketone reading!

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #162

Mmmm that sounds delish. Plz msg me the recipe or the link to it.

It was super easy. I saw a recent video on Youtube showing how to make a simple keto ice cream and I just changed the flavor up. Basically, you fill a mason jar about 3/4 of the way with heavy cream, add a bit of sweetener of your choice to taste and any flavorings you desire (in my case about 3 oz. softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries and a touch of vanilla extract), then shake vigorously for a couple of minutes and pop into the freezer; that simple. Since I used cream cheese this time I did put it in the food processor for a minute first, but with most flavorings you wouldn’t need to do that. You can also add a bit of xanthan gum (maybe 1/4 tsp), which they say helps keep the ice cream softer, but I didn’t see much difference when I used it in one vs. the other.

I also made a version with banana extract (no sugar) and a couple of tablespoons of Good Spread unsweetened probiotic peanut butter. :heart_eyes:

This was a REALLY hard day and I’m only 46 hours in. Things were going well, then my father went to the emergency room for a potential stroke and is in the hospital. My mother has already been in the hospital for a few days due to heart problems and a recent heart attack (and is still there). I was extremely stressed, but still managed to stick to my fast. My mother had some pretzels and red grapes in her room and they were calling my name. On top of that, these came today…

GraPow

I’m so proud of myself for sticking to my guns.

(Carpe salata!) #165

Sorry to hear those happenings. But sounds like stress city is visiting for a while. I was reading that thinking [spoiler]those crisps dipped in sugar frosting would be[/spoiler] … then saw you just powered through. You really did yourself a favour. The alleged ‘comfort food’ isn’t really.

Hope things settle down before too long :hugs:

Thank you, I’m hoping tomorrow will be easier.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #167

I had to ‘break the fast early’ at 90h.

The gut noise was just getting too loud and slightly uncomfortable.

I want to go back to OMAD or 2MAD for the weekend, then go Back to my 2 x 48h fast a week schedule before attempting another EF

(Ellie) #168

90 hours is fantastic! Well done

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #169

Thanks a lot!
i did have two cups of broth yesterday and a daily coffe with HCV after the first 48h waterfast :sweat_smile:

But I am slowly building up my fasting muscle again :muscle:

My ultimate goal: be able to do 7 days of waterfasting…

(MelissaH) #170

@NinMD I hope your parents are alright?? Strong lady you are for sure!!

(Beth) #171

Wow, I’ve only seen mine that high one time after exercise.

(Beth) #172

I hope everyone is doing well today! Thank you so much for your support this week. Although I intended powering through to the end of today, I did break my fast at the 70 hour mark. It’s the first 3 day fast for me in over a year and my body/brain were chattering at me all afternoon yesterday. I felt that it truly was a better idea to stop at that point.

All those who are still powering through, please send updates on how you’re doing!

(Beth) #173

I hope you are doing well. So sorry to hear about your parents, that is rough.

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #174

Thanks for the recipe.
I’m so sorry about your parents. Just pray through it. Because He’s there watching it all & handling it all.
Great job powering through anyway! Hang in there girl. He got you!

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #175

Girl 70 hours is FABULOUS! Great job!!

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #176

90 hours is FANTASTIC!! U go girl!! Don’t short change urself cuz of a few hours!! Some have yet to see 24 hours. And u know when we were doing our old disgusting WOE 90 hours was outta the question!! So hand claps n praises for ya!

(Beth) #177

Haha. I made the mistake of telling a co-worker yesterday that I was fasting for health. She asked how long… I said, “since Sunday evening.” There was dead silence on the other end. . .of the call. Remind me not to do that again any time soon :slight_smile:

(Ellie) #178

:rofl: I had the same reaction. They really aren’t sure if you are joking or not and then when they realise you’re not it is like…does not compute…

(Mike Glasbrener) #179

Why? Everyone knows at my office ~8 people, mostly engineering types. At first it was odd. Now everyone is cool with it and a bit curious.

(Mike Glasbrener) #180

Finished at ~76hrs. It was late last night. As always reseeding is ugly for me once I start. Anyhow it was good. Start again Monday. We’ll see how much lbs loss I keep.