Fasting accountability buddy. Anyone up for it?

(Beth) #181

I guess it was the first time this person heard of such a thing. Actually an engineer who doesn’t have a metabolism problem. I explained the benefits, reduced inflammation, autophagy, weight loss, etc. I guess the first time anyone hears about it, the initial reaction is that it’s crazy. But interestingly, a little later was talking to someone else, who told me they are going low carb…she was already familiar with intermittent fasting. So I’m visiting their office next week and we are going to do a 24 together. It all balances out!

(MelissaH) #182

I think most people can’t imagine such a thing, or they don’t believe you. Someone asked me once why I don’t eat “normal”. I was annoyed that day so I asked her how many pills do you take again? She just licked her cheeto fingers clean but said nothing. Not my finest hour for sure.

I’m 48 hours in. Not really hungry anymore. I don’t have a set time to end it…I’m relying on my body telling me to end it :woman_shrugging:t2:

(Beth) #184

Haha! Well I’m glad I didn’t tell her I went on a 20+ mile bike ride at the 40 hour mark.

Re: cheeto fingers - ha! Sounds like a person who is locked into her belief of medicine as the only treatment. Ugh.

I am constantly amazed at how so many people (now that I am aware) are continuously snacking, primarily on carbs. In the workplace, there are always carb bomb goodies, and the snack station with literally nothing but a vast assortment of sugar/carbs. It’s almost like the employer is advocating diabetes for their employees.

(MelissaH) #185

Isn’t that the truth!!! The lady I work for offers me crackers and fake cheese all day long. No thank you😁

(Beth) #186

@Dimplestilskin, this is the most pragmatic approach I think. I know that I get locked into a mindset that I will fast for exactly # hours and once I decide it then I will be disappointed with myself if I don’t make it. So much better to let your body be your guide. You Go!

Thanks for checking. My father is doing well. We’re not sure about my mother yet. She’s still in the ICU awaiting further testing. And I am still fasting (44 hours in).

Thank you so much!

Thank you I really appreciate that. I’m praying very hard. It’s so nice to have so many caring people on this forum.

Ended mine this afternoon at 4 days, plus 6 hours (102 hours). Fasted thru three full days of non-stop meetings which made it the perfect time to be fasting. Felt great energy and mental clarity throughout. Need to do a better job staying hydrated, and definitely relied on pink Himalayan salt to balance any stretches of fatigue or feeling slightly off, which can certainly occur during an EF.

Totally agree with everybody above who applies the ‘let your body tell you when to end’, approach. I certainly do the same and have found more satisfaction not measuring success on whether I hit the exact goal I set out for on an EF. In this case, was targeting a solid, complete 5 day…but after wrapping up the last meeting this afternoon, it felt like the exact wonderful time to eat.

Really and truly enjoy this group and it has been a great deal of fun sharing this week’s journey with everyone. Bej10/Beth–Thank you so much for getting the ball rolling on this one!

That is awesome that you were able to hit that deep level after exercising! I can only get there with an EF like this. I once maxed at a 7.7 mmol/L near the end of my 10 day fast. Perhaps if I actually ‘try’ exercising with any consistency, I can see if I can get there someday, lol!

(Beth) #192

Well done! Agree that it was so nice to share the week of fasting with everyone!

(MelissaH) #193

I can’t believe today is already Friday! Great job everyone. Let’s do this again​:grin::grin:

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #194

Oops lol

(Beth) #195

One hundred percent in. I think the next series I would like to try 5 consecutive days of OMAD. I’m going to be traveling for work next week and want to do some feasting to keep up my metabolism. We haven’t really talked about weight I noticed. I lost a couple lbs. this go and I’d like to lose another 5 or 10. Five would put me in the healthy waist / height ratio but 10 would put me in the vanity range. :slight_smile:

I’m editing to add my height which is a vertically challenged 5’, so 5-10 lbs is a considerable amount of weight on my frame.

(Carpe salata!) #196

That’s my normal week (plus two random coffees) absolutely no problem.

We’re all different - I was actually thinking of tracking. Never done it but think I might need to to get more focus on pushing past the ‘phinneyweight’ point.

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #197

[quote=“bej10, post:195, topic:60601”]
vertically challenged 5’[/quote] TOO funny!! LOL

(MelissaH) #198

I’m in for OMAD!!! Just let me know…
Actually since I started eating after my fast I seem to have lost my appetite. Hopefully it comes back soon!

(Beth) #199

Great! If you are one to lose your appetite, you’re lucky :slight_smile:. I love to eat, unfortunately, and sometimes even when I’m not hungry (stress eating), which is how my weight crept up a few lbs. If I wasn’t keto I’d already be back to my starting weight.

I think I’m going to do 24 on next Wed, then try for the five day the week of the 22nd. Would that work for you? I’m now in feasting mode trying to make sure my metabolism stays high.

Have a great weekend Melissa and everyone out there!

(MelissaH) #200

I think it has to do with still not feeling 100%… and a messed up metabolism.
That sounds good right now. Have a good weekend!!