Fasting accountability buddy. Anyone up for it?

(Beth) #1

Hi there. I’ve been doing a lot of feasting! My husband and I just got back from a vacation where we ate way too much keto food and I’ve crept up a few lbs.

Is there anyone out there in the ketosphere who would like to fast 3 days with me next week and help me stay accountable? I prefer to fast during the week while my mind is busy with work.

Hey! I was hoping you’d get some replies today but I guess no one so far.
I’d be happy to be your fasting buddy but I’m not planning on a longer fast until later in the month (though I’ll likely fast on Monday and Thursday next week for 36-ish hours each time).

You know about the monthly fasting thread? Lots of folks check in so it’s nice for company and accountability.

(MelissaH) #3

@bej10 I’ll be your fasting buddy! My husband is going out of town so it’s perfect

(Beth) #4

Awesome, thank you Madeleine! Let’s definitely shoot for Monday. I’d like to try for at least 3 days straight.

(Beth) #5

Fantastic Melissa! Are you up for Mon-Wed or Mon-Thurs. I’ve never gone longer than 3 days. I’d be up for it if you want to try that. Let me know.

Sounds good. I’ll follow the thread and will be cheering on you and Melissa midweek!

(Mike Glasbrener) #7

Right now Mon.-Wed. Is my weekly routine till I drop down at or near maintenance. So, sure!

(MelissaH) #8

It’s a perfect time for me since I feel like I’m coming down with something at the moment. The longest I’ve gone is 26 hours so it should be interesting. Are you doing a water fast?

(MelissaH) #9

@Mglasbrener you fast every week mon-wed? So 48 hours a week?

(Beth) #10

This is all great. I’m looking forward to joining you all on Monday!

(Mike Glasbrener) #11

3x24 plus 1 extra night right now… so abut 80 plus or minus a bit…

(Mike Glasbrener) #12

Nope. I get cream in my coffee every morning. Personal choice…

(MelissaH) #13

Today is the day :smile::smile: let’s do this!!!

(Beth) #14

Day 1 started! I’m just having coffee and water. :grinning:

Hi @Monurse and @bej10! Checking in at the start of my day.
I think Bej is in the UK (?) so probably not the start of your day anymore! How’s it going?

October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME
(Beth) #16

Good morning Madeleine! I’m in Maryland and looking forward to our fast.

ah - got it! Don’t know why I had the impression you were in England :slight_smile:

Happy fasting morning to you both!

(MelissaH) #18

Good morning! Starting a fast while sick… what am I thinking??:rofl: maybe it will make it easier

(Beth) #19

Oh my. Maybe there is something to the old phrase, “starve a cold”. Hopefully you get better quickly!

Yes, it should make it easier! Also might make you recover more quickly :slight_smile:
Do you have a length that you’re aiming for?