Fasting accountability buddy. Anyone up for it?

(Beth) #141

Totally agree Mike! I haven’t fasted in over a year for more than 24 hours and have a hard time sleeping. So @Monurse, don’t feel bad, we are all real and that’s what makes this forum so valuable. Overall we are improving our health and our lifes with this WOE.

With that said, I had planned on strict water for the rest of the fast but my hunger was so distracting when I went to bed that I ended up having had a healthy serving of HWC to quite my stomach. I still consider this a win on my fast. Let’s keep going!

I’ve been tracking my inches for over six years (and I measure in lots of places)*. My plan for this year is to maintain at my lowest total. If I’m at that total or below, I’ll do one weekly 36-40 hour fast and a monthly 3-5 day fast for the following month. If I’m above that (even by half an inch), I add a second 36-40 hour fast to that plan for the month. At my Oct measuring I was a tiny bit above, so I’m doing Monday and Thursday fasts along with a longer one later in the month.

This just gives me a way to organize my fasting - because I tend to make lots of plans and change them all the time and spend way too much energy on that - but the goals of the fasting itself are long-term health and energy (and autophagy if I can move toward water-only fasts).

*I would strongly recommend this! It’s really neat to see patterns and trends, and I feel that inches give me a much more clear picture of body changes. I haven’t weighed for ages and actually don’t have a scale.

(Beth) #143

Love this! This is my approach totally. I lived my life on a low fat diet and of course I bounced up and down for many years before I developed a round buda belly, high bp, high fasting glucose and reflux. After finding paleo, then keto, I decided that there would be way more feasting and a concerted effort to keep the metabolism high. So, after this fast, I will feast for at least two weeks (I’ve been feasting for about a year up to this fast trying to get my metabolism in order). And when I say feast, I mean, at least one or two meals of delicious food a day with substantial calories (but I don’t count) to satiety. I believe my metabolism improved significantly because I didn’t gain more than a few lbs. and I am always warm, and sometimes hot in bed at night.

So let’s keep going KCKO, KCFO!!!

(MelissaH) #144

Interesting you mention PCOS, I was diagnosed with inactive pcos after my twins were born. I had postpartum depression and got down to 117 lbs. They are 5 now. Before I started keto my highest weight was 160. So it looks like my metabolism could use TLC
Thanks for sharing @Hardrock_keto_chick
Some more fasting will do me some good for sure

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #145

Fasting combined with the ketofied suggestions of the myflo app has made all the difference for me…

my symptoms are all almost gone, weight is finally dropping again, my mind is stronger, my mood more stable…

(MelissaH) #146

I’ll have to look that up!

(MelissaH) #147

Thanks Madeleine! I’m definetly going to start a fasting schedule

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #148

https://myflotracker.com/

Heard it first on this keto podcast:

She tires to sell a lot of supplements and extra programs, that is a thing i don’t love about it, but those few bucks the app itself cost me really were worth it.

keto/fasting got rid of about 75% of my pains… the app helped me to get rid of about 15-20% more even…

Lady Woes w/ my WOE - HaYwIrE hOrMoNeS
(Beth) #149

YAY! Congrats. When you see a number for the first time, that’s a milestone. I am with you that I don’t expect to keep the number I saw this morning, but the fast definitely chipped away at a couple lbs. that had returned.

I’m going to keep going until dinner tomorrow. It will be the longest “fast” that I’ve ever done. But even though I did have some fat (my training wheels), I still feel very good about the effort!

Hang in there! You got this!

Happy Wednesday everybody! Hitting 72 hours in about 90 minutes, on the way to my five day fast ending Friday morning. Thank you so much for this thread over the past couple of days. It is awesome to see so many people helping and supporting. I head into a day of meetings in a half hour, which should make fasting today even easier as zero opportunity to slip out and end this even if I wanted to, lol! Have a great day!!!

(Beth) #152

Gurgle, gurgle, growl. Running to tomorrow for the feast. Massage & community concert this evening. So that should keep me distracted.

(Mike Glasbrener) #153

Congrats everyone on how well it’s going! I’m about 62hrs in. It is going about as expected. Waves of hunger periodically come and go. No big deal. It’s comforting to know when they come they will also go in 15-30 min. Know that if you’re stepping on the scale you do not get to “keep” the fasting weight. Half to 2/3rds is inflammation and will come back on refeed. No worries though. It’s progress!

(MelissaH) #154

Refeeding is slow for some right? I had something to eat at hour 64 and feel worse than before I ate!!
Congratulations everyone who is still going!

(Ellie) #155

I’ve just done that. Finished at 71 hours. I thought I was breaking my fast gently but my stomach noises tells me otherwise…This could be interesting…

(MelissaH) #156

What did you break your fast with? I wonder if that has something to do with it??

(Ellie) #157

I suspect it did.
It was going to be a few [spoiler]walnuts[/spoiler] before waiting 30 mins for my normal dinner, but it became [spoiler]walnuts, a chunk of cheese, some yogurt, and a couple of slices of ham![/spoiler] . !!! :scream: I was quite hungry though.

Anyway the noises seem to have stopped with no other ill effects so on to dinner now.

(Carpe salata!) #158

Heading into day4 here. day3 was better with energy back to normal and less itching-for-food. [spoiler] I had a cup of regular tea last night.[/spoiler]

Interesting nsv is that the dry cracking skin around the side and below my nails is going away. It looks almost normal which is great, it’s been the bane of my life. I don’t know if it’s a thing or what it’s called but thank you keto and fasting for fixing it!

(MelissaH) #159

Sounds like your body is doing some healing Peter!

(Beth) #160

That is amazing. Good for you!