Fasting accountability buddy. Anyone up for it?

I’m currently in hour 21 of a (hopefully) 84 hour fast. It’s been a while since my last EF. I have some keto raspberry cheesecake ice cream that I made last night waiting in my freezer for Saturday. :grinning:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #122

66h head a bit weird. I think I’ll have a broth this morning…

and a coffe with HVC… now I feel like I could go on forever :relaxed::relaxed::star_struck:

(Ellie) #123

Woke up this morning after not sleeping brilliantly. Am now at 60hr and 209.8lbs. Hurrah I made it under 210. That is the lowest weight for me for since starting keto.
I know it won’t be as low tomorrow after I break my fast later today but it’s a start!
Right, now to get through a day at work and a pilates class before dinner this evening.

(Ellie) #124

Great job with the biking and for resisting afterwards.
Keep hanging in there!

(Carpe salata!) #125

Two beers. I like your style. :slight_smile:

I would check the carbs and consider just fasting on (if you wanted).

Regardless, 48hr is a good start in fasting. Especially if you were feeling ok with it and didn’t end it in desperation.

Great going!

(Ellie) #126

I would be on the floor if I had 2 beers after fasting for 48 hours!!
Are you keeping on going? I wouldn’t beat yourself up for it, and as Peter says, 48 hours is really good anyway. Most people on a SAD diet can’t get through 4 hours without food!!

(MelissaH) #127

I was a little light headed, made me tired, and my stomach feel less empty. It was 10 net carbs. @Jacymac that’s funny​:laughing::laughing: so the question for you and @Peter is should I keep going until Thurs ? Or just try this again next week. Hopefully the kids and I won’t still be sick! I feel okay.
Feeling like I have razor blades in my throat makes it easy to not eat.

(Ellie) #128

I would keep going if you feel ok. Hungry is one thing, but if you still feel light headed or sick, then break the fast (with food! :wink:)
If you do stop, it is best to give it several days of feasting before embarking on an extended fast again, otherwise you get into restricted calories and starvation response issues.
Remember it should be fast and feast, not fast and starve!

(Ellie) #129

I’m at 65 hours now and was doing ok until I tried to help a newbie on another thread with dinner ideas. Just typing it is making me ravenous! :disappointed_relieved:

(MelissaH) #130

Thanks Ellie! Being sick I really can’t tell how this fast has effected me. Since I’m not hungry it seems eazy to keep going. But maybe I should feast for a few days and try again next week.

(Carpe salata!) #131

It makes ‘don’t drink on an empty stomach’ look like a challenge lol

Its like when i was fasting last time I was making an appointment for the doctor and they said I could be seen straight away ( I was expecting next week.)

Doc said I was due for the blood tests and I needed to do it fasting (ie don’t have breakfast). I thought oh well, I can extend this fast another day and I was on Day5 for the blood test. The Nurse said are you fasting, I said yes (this was Saturday morning) she said, when did you last eat? I said last Monday dinner. She took a while to process that and said how do you have so much energy?

Anyway it was a strange conversation.

(MelissaH) #132

I can imagine people would have strange reactions to fasting. Look at us like we’re crazy or something lol I did have a burst of energy yesterday afternoon.
@Jacymac I have stayed away from as many food related things as possible. I made the kids chili last night and that was hard enough! I did lose,3 lbs on this fast.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #133
  1. feel fine, my gut is finally “detoxing less” :sweat_smile:

so i might just try and get to my pretty 100 (tomorrow evening, 6pm or just try to go on some more… we’ll see…

(MelissaH) #134

You are a champ @Hardrock_keto_chick
So I’m curious what everyone’s fasting schedule is, and how many days you feast before a fast. I’m thinking this will become a normal thing for me😁

(Ellie) #135

I think I saw somewhere that it is recommended to feast for at least twice as long as the fast between fasts… if that makes sense.
it if you fast for 3 days, feast for 6 days before your next fast.
I think it is fine for those 6 days to be 16:8 or some other intermittent fast, as long as you keep your calories up.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #136

I used to do 5/2 all of last year 5 days fast, two days feast until I burned out…

Now I go with what my body tells me.
I guess this is mostly 2 48h fasts a week, if necessary fat-fasts, Eating almost every weekend, usually 2mad.

now i am trying to reintroduce about 1 EF a month (more than 72h)

(MelissaH) #137

Thanks both of you…
@Hardrock_keto_chick did you have a lot of weight to lose last year when you fasted 5 days a week?
Maybe @Madeleine will chime in here, I think she also has a fasting schedule

(MelissaH) #138

I’ve always wondered how people feast before a fast. Slowly increasing their calories maybe? Or eating an extra meal? I have a hard time eating a lot. I’m rarely truly hungry. Maybe my metabolism is broken :upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

(Ellie) #139

I normally just make sure I eat until really full in the couple of days before a fast.
For example the weekend before this fast I had 3 meals per day - normally I just have 2, and I had a slightly bigger breakfast and dinner. To be honest, by the time I got to Sunday evening I was ready for the fast!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #140

well define a lot, around 60-80 pound-ish…
but I have pcos so it is suuuuuper hard to get my body to get rid of fat,

Managed to get rid of 25 pounds in 6 months but then gained it all back (didn’t go back to the same size though)

I had to change my whole approach and go at it from the hormone regulating angle first.