Fasting accountability buddy. Anyone up for it?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #101

I call it the duracell bunny fasting mode… I really really love that… hope to get there tonight after work or tomorrow…

Congrats! I’m right with you at 47 hours and deal with the same thing you’re talking about on 2nd night’s sleep on an extended fast. Woke up middle of the night, stretched, and…slight leg cramping. So, straight up to put some pink Himalayan salt on the tongue, then a big glass of water. All fixed. Best thing for the weird head feeling, or even a slight headache, is to supplement with a bit of quality salt. That definitely works for me.

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #103

@Jacymac & @Hardrock_keto_chick Here are ur hand claps & paises!! 72 hours is a breeze!! U can do it!! :muscle: Hang in there & hang on!! The benefits afterwards are ur great rewards!! :(:sunglasses: Sending u hugs n kisses

(MelissaH) #104

Well said @Hardrock_keto_chick !! Get through it and listen to your body. Perfection doesn’t =happiness and either will stressing to be perfect!! Keep it up ladies!
I’m proud of myself for making it this far on my first fast. You all should be too👏

(MelissaH) #105

The fact that you kept going is great!! Considering the alternative😁

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #106

I’m a lil confused bout my brain & body signals. When I do IF going the OMAD route of 23:1, I sometimes forget that ONE keto meal. And when I did eat, I was LONG full before finishing which meant leftovers for another time. I’ve never been a big eater (former crappy eater :):grinning:). But as soon as my brain MENTIONS water fasting to the rest of my body…the signals get ridiculous. It’s not hunger signals. It’s more like a petulant child feeling deprived. I’ve accidentally done a couple of 48 hour fasts without a problem (unknowingly). Anybody else been through this?

(MelissaH) #107

The first day I wanted food because,I knew I couldn’t have any. I wasn’t even really hungry. Just my body expecting food. So I’d say it’s normal

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #108

It may all be in my head…but I think it’s the water. It’s out to get me…it’s coming from inside the house :):joy:

(Beth) #109

Jealous because it’s supposed to be really good for you. I was supposed to blur the name of the food so as to not make anyone hungry, but I am assuming everyone hates it as much as I do :slight_smile:

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #110

I’ve searched but can’t find how to blur words

(Beth) #111

Click on the little gear symbol in the text box of your post as you are writing, top right, and a menu pops up. Choose the blur spoiler. :sunny:

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #112

Ok.I’ll try it. Liver smothered in gravy & onions over rice is da bizomb!! But chitterlings are DISGUSTING & stink!!

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #113

Thanks @bej10 :+1:

(Mike Glasbrener) #114

44hrs in. Hanging with a buddy while he’s having lunch. I feel good as typical. I just relax and go with the flow.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #115

reaching 58h…
Date went well, she didn’t mind eating by herself, thank god. Real keeper that one.
I kept her company with sparkling water.

I feel perfectly fine, ready to go to bed and 72h should be super easy to reach…

Everyone hang in there, we can do this! :hugs::hugs:

(Mike Glasbrener) #116

Sweet! Keep it up! Everyone in my office knows I don’t eat on various days but they don’t keep track of the days. So around lunch time I always get the query “You eating today?”. On most good days I’ll hang with them wherever they want to go for the social aspect. If the restaurant asks what I want I’ll just say I’ve already eaten and that’s the end of it. On not so good days I’ll send them off w/o me because I know it won’t help.

(Beth) #117

How’s everyone doing? Hope all are plugging along!

I was worried about the fasted biking tonight but the strategy paid off. I rode 20+ miles somewhat slowly, drank my keto-aid and felt fantastic. Not hungry and didn’t bonk! YAY.

So about 47-is hours in and no headache tonight.

@Hardrock_keto_chick and @Mglasbrener, you are pretty bullet proof! I am not sure I could sit there while someone eats. You are at a higher level of fasting zen for sure. In fact today my husband came home for lunch. When I walked past him, I could smell his food and that woke up the hunger pangs for a few minutes. The other thing that triggered me tonight was just simple habit! Whenever we bike, we always feast afterwards. So I started feeling that anticipation/reward as we approached the final mile then realized, “oh boy, that’s right, no dinner tonight!”

Looks like we are all still hanging from what I can tell!

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #118

How’s everyone doing? Hope all are plugging along!
I’m hanging in there with ya. I got about 47 hours in so far. Had a couple close calls with petulant lil Bonnie but I calmed her outta here temper tantrums.

(MelissaH) #119

So I have a confession… I had two beers. No food. I guess that means I broke my fast at 48 hours. Stress, and I’m still not hungry

(Mike Glasbrener) #120

When I first started it was tough. Skipping 1 day (36hr) was tough. Then, 60hrs was tough. Now 3 days seems ok. It’s a mind set for me. Once I transition to eat mindset though it’s hard to turn it back off.

Also, like Fung/Ramos says. It’s like a muscle. With practice it gets easier. Don’t kill yourself so you’ll hate to do it again. If you approach it like this you’ll do it again and if you come up short this time, know the next time will be better because you’ll be more experienced and know what to expect.