Fasting accountability buddy. Anyone up for it?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #81

48 h… since I am eyeing with a 100h+ fast this means I am almost halfway there…

Stomach still gurgling from time to time, my head is a tad heavy but not getting worse which is good. looking forward to my groupfitness class tonight.

Update:
my head is a tad weird, energy low, decided to give into a tad HCV in coffe… I know the workout tonight will put me deep into ketosis and the queasiness will go away. just need to push through the afternoon.

Hey everyone! Nice to see all of your updates.

I woke a bit more than usual during the night - which happens when I fast - but I’m feeling great this morning and actually almost broke into a run during my morning walk (which is funny because I kind of hate running).

@bej10 Beth, how are you feeling? This was your thread and I’m eager to hear how you’re doing!

(Beth) #83

Good morning / afternoon everyone! Getting close to hour 36. Last night was more difficult than expected. It’s been at least a year since my last 3 day fast and I don’t OMAD very often so I developed a bit of a headache. Used salt and some HWC and slept well and this morning the headache is gone. I’m hoping to finish the next few days on just water. :slight_smile: @Madeleine, thanks for asking about my progress! I’m so glad you’re feeling well!

@monurse - hope you are feeling better! Up at 4:30, wow! Your kids are adorable… I’m sure they keep you exceptionally busy!
@Hardrock_keto_chick I hope your low feeling goes quickly and that you have a great workout.

(MelissaH) #84

Good morning everyone! 36 hours here… I feel okay, but like I’ve said I don’t really know how I’m supposed to feel😊 belly rumbling a little. Hope everyone has a good workout! I wish I could… my exercise will be cleaning today. @bej10 thank you!

(MelissaH) #85

What causes the heavy head while fasting?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #86

For me: Partially the lack of sleep, a big part was caffein withdrawal too…
Electrolyte imbalance, and my body just needs quite a bit to slide into that deep ketosis.

(Beth) #87

Hmm. I agree with @Hardrock_keto_chick that it’s probably electrolytes and sleep. Can’t vouch for the caffeine since I am slurping away on a large, black, coffee!

Nevertheless, it goes away and is replaced with clarity and productivity. Also a great side benefit is the autophagy. So I’m reminding myself of all that. At the moment, no hunger whatsoever.

All set for the bike ride tonight, my husband’s on board with the plan. I’ll mix up some bottles of keto-aid and get myself super hydrated. I have only one ketone strip for my meter as I await reorder. I’m planning on using that after the ride tonight. I’ll post it if I’m not passed out (jk jk jk!).

Everybody have a great day and send us updates if you need support!

(Ellie) #88

I’m feeling pretty peckish now.
I’ve tried water, salt and green tea, but nothing is working. It doesn’t help that things are pretty quiet in the office today so I have too much time to focus on how hungry I am…grrrr!
Hopefully it is the day 2 hunger and I will wake up with it gone tomorrow. I really want to get to 72 hours if I can.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #89

yes I really want to get to at leas 72h too. So tomorrow at 1pm, might as well go on till i get home so it would be 78 at least…

so lets hang in there as log as we feel fine…

(my secret goal is still Friday evening though)

(Ellie) #90

You’re right. There is a difference between feeling hungry and feeling unwell. I just feel hungry and sometimes I have to remind myself that being hungry is not an emergency!

(MelissaH) #91

Hi Ellie! Maybe try a little fat to help carry you through? Hope you start feeling better soon!
I have a noticed energy in my steps, and have the desire to clean. Heavy head, but that’s probably the head congestion.

(Ellie) #92

I’m at work for another couple of hours, but if I get home and it hasn’t passed I might try that.
Hope your head clears up soon.
On the upside, I’ve had a lingering cough after a cold that I got a couple of weeks ago, and today I’ve not been coughing. Could be fasting, could be it was about to stop anyway, but I’ll attribute it to the healing powers of fasting!

(MelissaH) #93

I hope to experience what you all keep talking about. Baby fasting steps😁

(Carpe salata!) #94

Definitely the fasting. :smiley: :smiley:

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #95

Thanks Beth. That’s ONE reason I didn’t beat myself up over it more than a few seconds. I’m looking forward to seeing how long I can can go.
And happy to be fasting with ya :wink:

(Beth) #96

Totally. I think I read somewhere that hunger from fasting is no worse than normal hunger. So as @Hardrock_keto_chick says as long as we feel well. . .Also agree with @Monurse about maybe supplementing with a little fat. I’ve had some times with fasting where the hunger was too distracting and constant, and other times where it was a breeze.

Hang in Ellie!

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #97

Thanks. At 1st I was a lil disappointed that I broke the fast. Within seconds (while eating) I was mostly disappointed that I didn’t break the fast properly. THAT won’t happen again. Cuz the after effects are NO JOKE!! :(:tired_face: :(:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :(:weary: Oooh Lawdy!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #98

just learn and move on… disappointment won’t get you further.

Taking a lesson and move on will :hugs::hugs:

Don’t beat yourself up. I always go back and look for the reason and work on that.

What a nice group!

I’ve had moments during fasts when I feel what must be the fasting high. My husband says I start talking REALLY fast and move around like I have supercharged batteries. Except for his comments, I don’t quite notice it except in retrospect (“wow, I got a lot done today!”). Also, I’m so tickled that I can do an intense workout and fly through a hard work day without food.

In case it helps anyone: I’ve definitely noticed less hunger with subsequent fasts. At this point (and I haven’t even fasted all that much), I don’t even associate hunger with fasting.

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #100

Liver would be a DELICIOUS part of a meal for me :(:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: so something like chattering would run me out! :(:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But my family doesn’t eat it either.