Fasting accountability buddy. Anyone up for it?

(MelissaH) #61

Thank you both!! I’m feeling alright, just tired and stressed. If I’m honest having 3 toddlers is crazy when we are all well​:joy::joy::joy:

(MelissaH) #62

@bej10 good for you Beth!! I may take a bath tonight myself… Still not hungry so I’ll keep going. I like this group thread!

oh, wow - yes, that’s crazy. I barely managed one at a time…

(MelissaH) #64

So how is everyone else doing???

(MelissaH) #65

Yup… these 3 =lots of stress and love of course

Oh!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Melissa, they’re so cute!!! (Still distracted by your beautiful children … mine are older now and they’re amazing, but sometimes I miss the earlier stages!)

I’m doing fine. Intense workout this morning, longish workday (finished about an hour ago) and I have a twinge of hunger but it’s not even really hunger - more the feeling that I could eat if I wanted to, but I only thought of it because I remembered that I was fasting.

I’m probably going to stick with my original plan of a 40 hour fast (breaking at lunch tomorrow) but hope to stay on here with all of you for the next few days. Fasting itself is not a struggle for me. What I find difficult is coming out of it and sticking to normal meals (I find myself eating before sitting down to a meal, between meals, then after dinner…). I’d love to use the accountability of this thread to stick to my plan of OMAD for the next two days and then I’ll fast again on Thursday because that’s usually a fasting day for me, so I’d wrap up with most of you.

(shawn) #68

Today: just got back from walking the dogs, and I’m planning on listening to the new Behemoth album.
Tuesday: strength training (after dog walk)
Wednesday: 2 Tribal belly dance classes
Thursday: no idea. My husband gets home from his trip late
Friday: hoping to fast until the afternoon, break the fast gently, and then we’re doing dinner (salmon and a double order of steamed veggies-choosing ahead prevents disaster)and a haunted house with a friend

(MelissaH) #69

Ahhh thank you!
That sounds good… long work days are the worst. too tired to eat right?:wink: I remember that. Why not just wait until tomorrow. You seem to have a good thing going. I also do OMAD.

You mean why not wait to decide? Idk… I’m trying to figure it out. I definitely have a tendency to go overboard on things and I want to keep fasting modest but regular. Right now my goal is to make my Monday and Thursday fasts so routine that I don’t even think about them, then do a longer fast once/month (that’s coming up mid-month). I’m a few months into the monthly fasts but not even a month into the 2x/week fasts. It’s all going well so far but it’s still relatively new, and basically I don’t want to push my luck by overdoing it.
Also, I want to work more on the part I find challenging (the re-entry to eating!).

Do you do OMAD regularly? I find it easier to not eat than to eat one meal, but I’ll practice this week.

So far, so good! My DW is fighting a cold and asked me to pick up some of her favorite soup as take out on the way home tonight. Many wonderful aromas emanating from the cafe, lol! Lots of water and a bit of Himalayan pink salt here and there tonight.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #72

40h in…
My body works like a clock on fasts… 2nd night of a fast I always wake up at 4.30 like clockwork…
(doesn’t matter if i last eat on sunday at noon or in the evening)

Tried to be productive without waking my flatmate. organizing my phone albums and ripping dvds like a mad person XD

I think the roughest detox part is done for this EF. Have to get a handle on the empty feeling I have now and embrace it. I know I can power through.

Slight weird head feeling, not headaches per se… probably a tad caffein withdrawal, I can handle that.

(Ellie) #73

At 35 hours now.
Got through my husband having dinner last night and me only having a cup of tea.
I feel pretty good this morning. I slept very deeply.
And 214.8 down to 211.6 this morning. 210 is getting closer…

(Carpe salata!) #74

Hi guys. I missed the start of the thread but I started after dinner Sunday and just coming into end of day2. This is my 4th 5-day water fast. The first one was after I got food poisoning and couldn’t eat for 2 days. Then I thought lets make it 5! It was no trouble at all. @Monurse I hope yours goes as well, starting off sick.

I prefer the weekday fasting because its easy at work, keeping busy and not needing to bring food. Actually I usually do OMAD on weekdays, so its not much different really.

I agree that Day3 it gets better. So far I’ve been a bit distracted by wanting to get some food, but at least no headaches this time. I’ve been more proactive on the salt and I think it helps.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #75

44h… the gurgling sound is starting to get annoying, but I know it will pass.

sucking on some salt and sipping green tea…

(Ellie) #76

You are definitely right about the benefit of not having to pack up a lunch.
Also at my work, it avoids the odd looks when I pull out of lunch box of cold steak and hard boiled eggs when everyone else around has a sandwich and fruit, and they think I am being unhealthy!

(Carpe salata!) #77

I think blurring foodrefs is de rigueur here although it doesn’t bother me.

I used to bring a salad of celery bellpepper and cucumber with lots of mayo salt and pepper. Then I realised I didnt need it and could save all that preptime by doing OMAD … YAY.

(Ellie) #78

Quite right - now blurred.

(MelissaH) #79

I did OMAD last week for 3 days and had great energy, lost a few pounds as well. I always try to change things up

(MelissaH) #80

I’m up at 430am on my first night! Too funny!