Fasting 5 days, Feasting 2 for a month

I am doing 4 5 day fasts over the next month. I fell off the wagon for a while and need to get my blood glucose back down. I am now on day 3 of my first weeks fast. Going to post it here for accountability and tracking purposes. I am doing water, occasional bone broth, coffee with cream (probably daily, I work nights y’all!), and sugar free powerade from time to time. I am also using lite salt, pink salt and magnesium supplements.

Day 1 was rough. I had been out of ketosis due to bad choices and a couple of rounds of Prednisone. I was hungry and felt light headed. Drank coffee with cream (2 cups, 2 tsp of cream) and a lot of sparkling water

Day 2. Weight was down 3.5 lbs, fasting blood glucose was 120. Blood glucose stayed around 120 all day. Drank 2 cups of coffee with cream. Felt a little dizzy at work, so I had a Powerade. Felt better. Will not be doing many of these, just needed it to get over the hump.

Day 3. No weight loss. Blood glucose 140 (probably my fatty liver dumping it’s stores. Maybe the Powerade…who knows). Holy diahrrea Batman! Feel fine except my a**hole dogs (that I love dearly) woke me up after 3 hours of sleep. Water, bone broth with a bit of butter and lots of salt, 2 cups of coffee with cream and I’ll take some packets of salt with me to work to avoid the Powerade. Oh and it’s 115 degrees here. Maybe extra salt.

(Andrea E.) #2

Best of luck! I’ll be interested to read about your experience.

@findingmysisu remember listen to your body, it may take you awhile to get to 5/ 2.

Take care :slight_smile:

Thanks Robert, I do. It isn’t my first go around with fasting, I just don’t post much :slight_smile: I have done a couple of 4 day fasts over the last few months. The big hurdle for me will be starting again after feasting :slight_smile:

Day 4, water, coffee with cream and salt. Feeling good, got enough sleep. Weight down 5 lbs and fasting blood glucose was 120. Had a “low” bg of 109 last night at work. Almost normal. Fasting on!

(Carpe salata!) #6

Sounds like you are getting multiple benefits. It’s great when that happens.

Thanks for the update!

Day 5. Ok last night was tough. I work nights at a Las Vegas strip hotel. We have a lot of very nice restaurants and one was prepping by frying off fish and another by sauteing garlic. I wanted food so bad! But I fasted on.I planned on fasting 132 hours, breaking my fast tomorrow afternoon when I wake up. But my son just texted me and asked me to lunch tomorrow (actually an early dinner with our hours), so I will break it with something small when I get home from work, sleep and then go meet him for lunch. Preferably someplace with fish and garlic lol My fast will be 120 hours this week,

Fasting blood glucose 115, weight down 6 lbs.

Broke my fast at 114 hours. Decided I didn’t want to break it right before bed, just in case of stomach upset. Was at work, so broke it with a couple slices of bacon and some cucumbers with a little Caesar dressing. FBG when I ate was 108, 125 an hour later. 2 hours after my break fast meal, I ate a few ounces of sirloin steak in a questionable sauce (wiped off as much sauce as possible). An hour later BG was 127. 112 fasting this morning and 6 lbs weight loss.

Now to feast for a couple days and back to fasting on Saturday!

Feasting days are over. My fasting BG was 109 both days. I even saw a “low” of 99 once! I lost 1 1/2 lbs over the 2 days. Down a total of 7 1/2 lbs. Started my fast at 4am. Let’s see what this week brings!

So you lost 6 pounds on your fasting days and another 1.5 pounds on your feasting days? And even better your blood sugar is trending down? Wow!
Looking forward to following your progress!

@Madeleine Yes, I was surprised at losing on my feasting days. I ate strict keto, around 2500 cals.

So cool :slight_smile:

So week 2 has been really tough. I started feeling really bad. Blood sugar was 97. I was lethargic, ditzy and nauseated. I drank pickle juice. Nothing. I drank broth with butter. Nothing. I ended up fasting for 26 hours, ate some sausage and eggs and started again. Still not feeling great. Guess I am naturally lethargic and ditzy! Ate at 630 this morning ( I work nights, so right before bed). Fasting BG 104. Weight up 1/2 lb. Fasting again, nausea is gone.

(What The Fast?!) #14

I’m intrigued by this. Especially intrigued by the additional weight loss during feast days! I’m sorry you’re not feeling well!

@KetoLikeaLady As a 50 year old diabetic, I am sure the fasting is breaking some of my insulin resistance. I have been keto for a long time with very little weight loss, seems I only lose when I fast. The weight loss on feast days intrigues me too, hoping it continues! As for not feeling well…probably just a litte too much fasting. But I ate and now back to it!

(What The Fast?!) #16

Great!! I also live in Vegas - the positive thing is that I find it easier to fast when it’s this hot out…it’s too hot to deal with digestion. Haha

I planned to try it during summer for just that reason. I lose my appetite when it’s hot out anyway

(Jennifer) #18

I agree, the 2 days of feasting probably wasn’t enough between fasts. But you knew when to eat, so that’s good.

I fast 2-5 days a week and try to get 3 days minimum of eating between them. Sometimes I still do IF on those feeding days, like today. I try to never to the same thing to keep my body guessing.

I did 3 days last week and will probably do 4 next week - starting tomorrow night.

Glad things are trending downward for you!!

(Crow T. Robot) #19

Agreed; also I deal with the heat much better when I’m not digesting food. I can comfortably handle an extra 8-10 degrees over what I would normally consider comfortable.

@birddog27 Think I will probably feast another day, then fast 4. For some reason my body isn’t happy with not eating lol