Fasting 4 Peace

(Susan) #41

I am enjoying doing it as well, but for December I am not doing it, although I will still throw in some Fasting =). I will get back to the protocol in January though =). I wish you all the best in your Keto journey!

(PSackmann) #42

Jumping in, I’ve noticed when my protein goes higher I smell more like ammonia. This is one of the ways I keep my protein levels in check, by my sweat smell.

So since that post, I have had “odd” breath a couple more times, most recently the past two days where I mostly ate only eggs, steak, and bacon (once). This time both my pee and breath were definitely “fruity” and “sweet”… I think perhaps, the other times I would have had the fruity breath BUT the Waterloo sparkling water changed either just the taste itself or ph balance in my mouth making the bandaid breath. I am now fasting due to a 102 temp and bad throat pain in tonsils (no visible indication of strep…little one was very sick recently so pretty sure it’s what he had :nauseated_face:). Anyhoooo…it seems to have mostly gone away although the one thing remains and that is the “crazy clean” breath/mouth feel - weird. With too much protein or the “ammonia” breath has anyone else felt the clean sensation/taste?

(Susan) #44

My biggest problem is eating enough though; as I am rarely hungry and I fast 3-44 hour times a week, so on the days I eat I need to eat enough and I aim to keep carbs as low as possible, sometimes they are 0, so trying to get enough calories from just the healthy fats ans proteins can be hard.

(PSackmann) #45

Understand, just commenting for the times I’ve had much more protein than fats or carbs, my sweat smells of ammonia. For me, that smell is a warning sign, so if I start to smell it I examine my intake and adjust accordingly. That may mean higher carbs and fat, or a lower fasting window, just depending on how my body feels. I don’t force my body to fit into any particular eating pattern, I prefer to treat myself as a unicorn.

(Susan) #46

Hehe okay =).

(Full Metal KETO AF) #47

Fruity sweet breath is a sign of high ketone levels and ketone wasting. An ammonia smell is a sign of too much protein. Protein breakdown causes ammonia. Different smell than ketone compounds. :cowboy_hat_face:

Thank you for your post… I know I saw that before, but my brain is fever-scrambled at the moment :confused: I wonder why this didn’t happen between end of February up to recently… I sure hope that it doesn’t mean I am just now fat adapted lol

(Full Metal KETO AF) #49

Ketones smell more like nail polish remover. I think the ammonia thing is usually accompanied by lower fat percentage than KETO usually. :cowboy_hat_face: