Fasting 4 Peace

Well… I made it just over the 100hr mark and felt really bad, after reading some info about certain symptoms while fasting on the IDM website, I made the decision to have some broth. I chiseled off a frozen chunk of the bone broth (about 1/4 cup once it was melted/heated up) and instantly felt so much better - maybe I wasn’t getting enough salt?!? Made it through one stressful event today quite well and the adrenaline feeling I was having totally stopped during the fast. I have one more event on Monday evening, so I will do a 24-36hr fast ahead of that, hopefully I won’t lose the benefits due to the broth tonight :confused:

(Susan) #22

I have read people taking some broth on here during fasting, so I think that you will probably be okay. I am no expert, at all, and haven’t done it myself, but I think many have =). It is important to listen to your body, even when fasting, I think =). Getting to 100 hours without it was still great =). Best wishes on the rest of the fast until you decide to break, and on the weight loss =).

Thank you bunches Susan for the encouragement :purple_heart: My stomach did NOT handle the broth well…so much so that I am scared to even drink anything right now (but I will force myself to have liquids later, after I am safely home from running errands lol). I think I will carry on with fasting through the weekend and pray for a calmer tummy on Monday or Tuesday :pray:

(Susan) #24

Aww I am sorry; perhaps it was just because you fasted for 100 hours before having it? Hopefully you can use it later when you are not fasting still, I hope that your tummy settles and you can continue =).

Well I got the not-so-bright idea yesterday that maybe the key to not going through the refeeding symptoms again would be to just continue with broth until having solids again :confused:. Same issues, I completely broke my fast about an hour ago with solid food and coffee with hwc, seems crazy to me, but so far my stomach appears to be fine. I do believe I am getting sick, throat/sinus symptoms so it makes me wonder if the beginning of this could have been stomach related and had nothing to do with the fast/broth? I am thinking about trying out the fasting schedule that Llana Rose gave Susan, maybe shorter fasts = less tummy trouble :slightly_smiling_face: Going to give it a go this evening!

(Susan) #26

@monsterjuice (Ashley) and I have begun this new protocol this evening and are planning to do it until November 30th. You are certainly more then welcome to join us, if you want to =).

IF%20Schedule%20-%20Copy

This is the break down of it, thanks to @Ilana_Rose =).

I am also doing no Dairy (I haven’t had dairy since Oct 18th and I am keeping that up until November 30th as well, as I felt that maybe it is causing a plateau as well.

(Ashley) #27

Started my fasting 40 minutes ago, going to focus really hard on it to complete it! I haven’t fasted in a long time so let’s see if I can manage :slight_smile:

(Susan) #28

Best wishes to all of us for success on this!! =)).

Started last night about 6:30 pm my time, I am not going to try to go coffee-less this time, but I have figured out that I can handle black coffee much better when it’s loaded with ice (probably because it’s watered down lol, I am a wimp without stuff added). Mentally, I already feel like this is so much easier, I just like the thought that ‘I can eat tomorrow’ it doesn’t feel as hard so far :grin:

(Susan) #30

That is great, Gracie, I am wishing you all the best =)).

Thank you Susan, you as well :blush: I can’t lie, I have been crazy hungry off and on tonight (I think hormone driven and stress), it really helped me to be fasted for that second event tonight, I felt calm and wasn’t sweating like crazy or overly emotional under the stress - phew! I am looking forward to tomorrow at 1 lol.

(Susan) #32

That is when I eat next too, tomorrow at 1pm, but I haven’t done a long fast like you (I ate yesterday at 4:30). We will both have a nice meal then!! =).

How’s everyone doing with the fasting plan? I am still on plan, but it’s been hard to stick with it today, I could see myself doing two 42hr fasts per week, but not feeling certain I will be able to do 3 every week (and I might just be having a harder time due to ovulation-time which hormonally is the worst for me.

(Susan) #34

I am doing well with the hunger part but have a really sore stomach and I am not sure why but it is not hunger pains. I had a good eating day yesterday, mostly carnivore, so I am not sure what is causing the trouble. Maybe just eat a bit on one of the fasting days if it is too difficult or do a Fat Fast on the Fasting days?

My stomach felt a bit off after eating yesterday and I noticed when reviewing my carb manager log, I had tons of protein lol. It wasn’t on purpose, but maybe if you did carnivore type eating yesterday it was a little more protein than usual? Hope it stops feeling sore soon!

(Susan) #36

Thanks, Gracie =). I have been eating higher proteins and fats for a few months now, though because I had to increase my calories, and of course I wanted to keep carbs as low as possible. It might be the salt I ate earlier on an empty stomach when I was getting leg cramps? It is going away now! I drank some plain peppermint tea and that seems to have helped =).

Glad you are feeling better :blush: I hadn’t considered the salt, I overdid that once :persevere:

(Susan) #38

Thanks =). I don’t know the answer about your breath question on the other thread, although I have detected I smell weird at times since Keto, more like amonia smell, but I felt it was more sweat then my breath.

I have had some potent pit sweat at times since going Keto lol, and the occasional sweat shower down my back - but I think my body is getting itself sorted out now as it happens less frequently.

I do the 42-hour IF x 3 just like the chart. The last 5-day fast went well, but I couldn’t sleep.
I have been doing 3 x 42 since October and probably ought to just keep it up for the next bit of forever, one day at a time.