Fast/Feast cycling

fasting
n1
stall

Up to 5 grams of Sea salt (Or the pink stuff) with loads of fresh water.
I take mine in Apple Cider Vinegar.
Magnesium could be short or Potassium to?
Go n=1…

I appreciate the advice Lee2Keto, however my n=1 is no supplements…i dont like pills and figure cavemen were not able to take them lol…i do real food (low or no process), water, and salt.

Evolution is my go-to for just about every physiological question but I think that our lives are so different in so many respects that I wouldn’t avoid certain things just because cavemen wouldn’t have had them (or … what do we know? maybe some communities knew just this special plant that was full of ---- that was exactly what they needed on days of long treks and no food… who knows?).

Thts true Madeleine…thts why i dont do supplements…i figure real food will provide everything i need as its intended to do…jus fasting now so not eating, i hvnt had this problem before now, and im not hungry…ill jus try n get by wit the salt and water for now…if it doesnt work itself out ill be breaking my fast early I guess…i already hv some collards with my name on em lol

(KCKO, KCFO) #326

Those will have potassium so should be good. Use a lot of pink salt on them, the headache should go away then.
It is always a good idea to stop a fast if you start feeling ill. You can eat, rebalance yourself and do another fast.

Hope you are feeling better.

I actually jus ate some salt n drank some water bcz i wasnt hungry n it went away…fast not broken YAAAY ME…on to 60 hrs thn hopefully 72+

(Jim Russell) #328

Glad you’re feeling better.

Soooo im at hour 67 of my 72 hr fast. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: (so proud of myself) Im wondering shld i keep fasting if im not hungry when my fast is set to end??

(KCKO, KCFO) #330

I always just go as long as it feels right. I started a 36 hr. fast at one point that went over 100 hrs. No hunger, good energy, did my workouts and walks fasted etc. I really enjoyed it.

Other times, you just don’t feel right, you get stomach aches, etc. So you break the fast, refeed for a while then start another fast.

You are doing very well. Congrats on your first extended fasting.

I was thinking tht too…im not hungry and feeling great at 69 hrs…who wlda thunk lol…its abt to be bed time anyway so ill see how i feel in the morning… Thanks

Well this fast lasted 80 hrs :clap::clap::clap::wave::wave::wave::clap::clap::clap:…woke up starving, so had some bacon n eggs wit cheese n my BPC…will def do another one soon…:arrow_down:5 lbs since fasting, and tht was after I ate…was soooo hungry 4got 2 weigh myself when I woke up lol

(Mark Rhodes) #333

Hello- We love Saganaki which is Greek fried cheese, primarily Kefalograviera but you can use others. Some like to finish the fry with a splash of strong bourbon to flame encrust the cheese but we use lemon juice to tart it up and sizzle.

(Zu) #334

THIS!!! yes… I am experiencing the same. I love my eat days… and I love my days of no food. They balance out so well… I am pretty much alternate day, but sometimes longer… If my meals are bigger they are longer, if meals more moderate then a day break is good. My body likes it.

(Zu) #335

Yes, I find the same thing… eat a huge rib fillet steak with like hundreds of grams of various fats, in gorgeous fat layering… yet no bloat, no after eating fatigue, just energy… I imagine add potatoes or bread to that meal and I would be ruined!

This is a must for me I feast a big lunch, then if need be a bedtime fatbomb and tea then I fast. Its lovely

(Annette) #336

This is going to be a ridiculous question, Jimbo. How did you get the MTC oil and HWC in? Was it in coffee? Just by the spoonful?

(Jim Russell) #337

In coffee. I could do shots of HWC, but I can’t imagine drinking MTC oil straight. :smiley:

(Annette) #338

Nor can I. When I was eating only raw food and going on a long hike, it was recommended I do olive oil shots along the way. Didn’t do it. That sounded too much like the gallbladder cleanse to me. :flushed:

(Mark Rhodes) #339

You brought back painful memories of early keto. I fluid oz raised ketones so high I thought “Self, if 1 is good, TWO shot glasses will be even better!”
Needless to say I was late for work.:laughing:

(John C) #341

HI All… I would like everyone’s opinion a new cycle I worked out and get your opinions.

Just as some background, I have been doing IF for about a year and a half. Mostly, 18/6. During the past 6 months I have started water/coffee fasts. So far this year, I have done a 3 day fast, (2) 5 day fasts and a 10 day fast until July. I felt so good that I wanted to create a new schedule:

Since July I have followed this schedule each month:

5 Day fast
5 Day Keto (Break fast and stay in Ketosis)
10 day (party time basically burning sugar, although it’s hard to break the IF way of eating)
10 day IF
Then back to the 5 day fast. I am on my 5th cycle of this.

The concept is to exercise all the the different pathways. I also produced my own superfood shake and have quite a bit of supplements. However, those are only taken M-F when not fasting so I don’t develop any tolerances. I also workout 3 days a week.

What do you all think about his program? Can you shoot any holes in it? I am always looking for ways to improve.

I am at my ideal weight and have actually added muscle mass at 53.

(softail925) #342

Carl, Ive read ur post and listened to ur podcast where u talk about ur fasting and feasting agenda. But question: what are ur thoughts on fasting 24 hours three times a week, and feasting inbetween those 24 hour fasts? Or should I fast at least 48 hours once a week and then feast? I just started this week. I have been in ketosis for a few weeks now too.