fasting
n1
stall

(Guardian of the bacon) #301

My results thus far.

(debbie.segouini) #302

Amazing!!

(carl) #303

@meganjramos and Dr. Fung are clearly onto something here. Hearing the similarity in ALL the stories on this thread is really encouraging. Wednesday morning I ate a big meal and then stopped eating, taking salt, water, and black coffee. Itā€™s Friday night and I feel like eating again. Iā€™ll probably eat tonight and tomorrow, maybe Sunday morning, and then try for a longer fast during the week. This is powerful stuff.

Hiya - so about 20 lbs in a month? Amazing. How has it been going since? Very interesting.

(Jim Russell) #305

I have been feasting since the June Zorn Fast. Time for a little fasting. Started yesterday, planning on going 3 or 4 days. Weā€™ll see how it goes.

Then Iā€™ll have a week or so to feast before the July Zorn Fast.

(Jim Russell) #306

Iā€™m about 54 hours in. Going smoothly. Iā€™ve been reading about people doing long fasts. 2 weeks, 60 days. Part of me says ā€œthatā€™s crazy!ā€, part of me says ā€œthis fast is easy so far. Maybe I should extend it all the way through the July Zorn fast.ā€ Hmmā€¦ I added in a little broth and Iā€™ve WAY upped my salt intake. Really seems to be helping.

(Siobhan) #307

Im with you there!!!

I am doing a three day fast in prep for ketofest. Coffee and water only - salt helps a ton. Who knows if/when Ill get to the point of being able to do 2 weeks!

(Jim Russell) #308

I decided to end my fast this afternoon at 84 hours. It was good, I felt fine the whole time, even doing 2 hot yoga classes. I had planned on going until tomorrow, but I felt like eating after spending all morning out in the Texas sun. Broke the fast with some brisket. Iā€™m also heating up the deep fryer for some fried cheese and buffalo chicken legs.

(Kathy L) #309

What type of cheese do you fry? I cannot find anything around here that will work but would LOVE to try that!

(Jim Russell) #310

There is a post here about deep frying cheese curds. I tried it and it didnā€™t turn out well at all. Probably because the cheese curds were not fresh. Someone in the thread posted that they used queso de frier and it worked great. I couldnā€™t find that, but I read that you can substitute any firm white cheese. So I tried mexican queso fresco and it turned out great. Crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside.

(Kathy L) #311

Thank you , I couldnā€™t find the queso de frier either -my problem is that I live in a rural area, and donā€™t have access to a lot of "specialty " cheeses. Itā€™s frustrating as Iā€™d really like to try that --sounds so good!! Iā€™ll keep searching-thank you!!

(KCKO, KCFO) #312

Kathy I donā€™t deep fry cheese, but I do fry it up in a skillet. I use Provolone. It it really good. Try frying some cubes of that.

(Kathy L) #313

Thank you -that is available here-Iā€™ll try it!

(Tim) #314

12hrs deep into my first attempt at a 72hr fast. Pretty good feast this weekend, so, Iā€™m hoping I got that calorie/fat burn up on my metabolism to really chew through some body fat this week. Fingers crossed for a solid resultā€¦

(Kellyn ) #315

do you put any keto approved sweetner in your BPC or just the coconut oil and cayenne?

(Misty Scarbrough) #316

Anyone here try this on hcg ? Iā€™m doing hcg/keto

(Mike W.) #317

What is hcg?

(Misty Scarbrough) #318

Hcg is a diet, some times itā€™s used in combination with keto

Ok so u guys n gals hv inspired me!!..I really only do IF/OMAD so Im starting slow wit a liquid only fastā€¦BPC, bone broth, and waterā€¦Im 40 hrs in and just started feeling a little woozyā€¦so I had a cup of broth with butter and pink saltā€¦feeling better nowā€¦im going for 72 hrs this timeā€¦my only fast to date lasted 48+ hrs, so we will see how this one goesā€¦Thanks 4 the nudge in the right direction.

Ok so i have had some broth and the wooziness is gone, im not hungry but now i hv a headacheā€¦how do I get rid of it???..Plz help!!