Fast/Feast cycling

fasting
n1
stall

This sounds like an interesting cycle, with a lot of fasting and then a 10-day food fling (dangerous for my psyche or adherence).

Have you had any blood work or taken any other measurements to get a handle on how this may be working for or against you?

I have to admit, it sounds enticing, but also quite intense. You must have some real willpower to stay on this cycle and not fall back into just carb-crazy eating. Not sure it would work for me, but the n=1 is always fascinating. I’d love to see more data regarding your results if you can share such?

Best wishes either way, I say, do what works for you!

(Dawn) #344

This sounds like it could work, especially since you are in maintenance. My only concern would be gastrointestinal distress with going back and forth between the two systems so often. Also, do you have any issues with IR or diabetes? 10 days of burning sugar seems like a long time. Would it work to maybe just do 5 days of sugar burning and extend your keto time (just because it’s better for overall health).

I am really intrigued by your experiment because I am researching, experimenting myself to see what is going to work when I get to maintenance. I want to be able to have a few more carbs/sugar more often and stray out of keto occasionally. But I am concerned about old habits coming back, IR starting to creep up again…all that bad stuff. Please let us know how it goes and what your blood work says. Best of luck to you.

(John C) #345

Thanks for your input

(John C) #346

Thank you… I will.

(Candy Lind) #347

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
:clap::clap::clap: