Exercise?

(Juanita Rice) #1

Does everyone here exercise?

(Laurie) #2

No, not everyone. But I do.

(Pete A) #3

I do.

I sure as hell do, I like being healthy and in shape.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #5

If you mean a specific program, no. Otherwise, I live a very active life and remain in good health.

(Robin) #6

We’re all over the board here. Exercise is not needed to lose weight. I was about 4 months in before I began exercising just to get stronger and more fit in general. We also have body builders. And people who don’t exercise at all.

(UsedToBeT2D) #7

Just regular stuff, liking walking the dogs, yard work, fixing cars, honey-do’s.
Cardio, weight training not necessary. The most intensive thing I do is push a lawnmower. (But I have a lot of lawn).

(Carnivore for the win) #8

I didn’t exercise for the majority of my weight loss. I have a lot of energy now, so I am active every day, to burn off the energy. The main benefit I get from being active is mental rather than physical.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

I don’t exercise at all, unless you count yard work or household chores.

(Ben ) #10

Every other day at gym on a bike for 40 min and then sauna for 20 min. Every day at home with stretching

(Allie) #11

I do, it’s a massive part of my life since way before keto.

(bulkbiker) #12

Nothing specially extra although I find that the disappearance of 100 pounds and not needing to stop for a wee every 100 meters makes walking the dog far more pleasant.

(Bob M) #13

I do body weight training 2x/week, plus HIIT. Current schedule:

Monday: Abs, lower back, longer HIIT; about 40-45 minutes
Wednesday: attempt a 36 hour fast
Thursday: Body weight training, about 70-80 minutes
Saturday: Body weight training, about 1 hour, HIIT 12-15 minutes, about 80 minutes lately

The body weight training is to failure for most exercises. That is, if I’m doing pushups, I do them until I cannot do them anymore.

But I’ve been exercising since I was 15 or so (57 now). Started jogging and body building. Have never stopped, even while gaining 90+ pounds. Always lifted and did aerobics.

As with @Elliot-W, I think the best part of exercising is how it makes me feel. It helps both mentally and physically.

Nothing for scheduled exercise.
I move. Hike, bike, rode my horses, swim, kayak, walk dog, water ski, work farm, seem to never stop----I just move. Outdoor move, I do like nothing inside the house or at a gym ever.

(Robin) #15

Sounds perfect!

(Robin) #16

Healthy healthy healthy

(Robin) #17

Impressive that it’s been part of your life so long.

I exercise.

If you feel like, try it. Start slowly and see if it makes you happier. Then you can decide to keep doing it, or not.

Walking is an easy one to get started, should you decide you want to try.

(Juanita Rice) #19

Hi everyone, I decided to start with using exercise dvds for beginners. One allows me to walk a mile in 15 minutes if I keep up with the video.

(Robin) #20

Good plan and good luck. Moving is improving, in my book.