Exercise?

(Rebecca ) #21

I don’t do any formal “exercise” but I love to walk outside and while home, I play Classic Rock music and break out dancing sometimes!
I fell down the stairs at work a year ago almost to the day. I finally recovered from the surgical knee repair and am getting back into shape (physically, mentally and spiritually).
I say do whatever works for you and that you enjoy doing!

(Carnivore for the win) #22

That is the key to exercise, and life, for me. Physical fitness does not mean a person is healthy. There is a lot more to it and it all ties together.

No, not at the moment. Some stretch of months I do…then some stretch of months I don’t.

(Marianne) #25

Rarely. I detest cardio and won’t do it. I do like light weight training and have a membership to Planet Fitness (30-minute workout), however, I have to fight my social anxiety disorder to go there, or go out walking in the neighborhood. I’m okay walking if I’m with my husband, but I really don’t enjoy it.

(Scott) #26

Lately it has been hand tool woodworking. Hand saws and hand planes are a wonderful workout.

(Laurie) #27

Shoveling snow with a small shovel. After half an hour of that, my body feels good – like it used to after an exercise session. It makes me realize that I’m not exercising hard enough during my “real” workout.

(Tim Cee) #28

I do push-ups and squats while fueling the kenworth.

(Bob M) #29

That is my kind of multi-tasking!

(Laurie) #30

@Tim_Cee When I was hired to work in a lumber camp kitchen, I was told to go to a certain place and hitch a ride on a company truck. “But make sure it’s a Kenworth, not a Mack.”

(Tim Cee) #31

Good advice

(George) #32

I use Fitbit challenges and Stepbets to stay motivated and walk everyday. Im a truck driver so I use the time when Im getting loaded or unloaded to walk around the truck.

(Bob M) #33

I did not realize there were that many truck drivers here. I’m in the process of listening to this:

I still have about half left. The part I listened to, I thought it was very interesting. My uncle wanted to be a “big-rig” driver at one time, but couldn’t.

At some point, they get into automation, but the first half that I’ve heard has only some of that.

(Bob M) #34

Oddly enough, I’ve been extending my exercise. Saturday, I did body weight training to failure for > 1 hour, then went jogging for 17 minutes. A total of 1:30. There was some time to get dressed for outside, where it was below freezing, and I was in the basement in shorts and a T-shirt.

I may add a day of jogging, to extend the number of days to 4/week. Not sure when I can fit that in, though.

My legs are in a bit of pain, as is a knee, after that jog. That’s the first time I’ve jogged in a while. Was riding my bike inside or outside instead.

(Butter Withaspoon) #35

I do completely ad hoc resistance training using body weight type of exercises and yoga for balance mobility and the feels. It often occurs to me that an actual program, or even a diary to record what and when I challenge my muscles would get me stronger, but I’m a messy sort of person.

In addition I love hiking in the mountains and usually get a hike in every weekend. During the week I might power up a local hill with the neighbours (who do NOT slow down and admire the fungi.

(Robin) #36

SO much better than a gym!