Epic Carnivore July-a-ganza

Yeah we collect garbage too… There is so much :frowning:
Our “street” even has some I can’t do anything about as it’s BIG. Like, a washing machine. A sofa. A big amount of tiles or something…
There are way worse places in the world, I don’t even want to imagine that…

(Karen) #163

Brunch rump steak 2 eggs and bacon

A small fillet of salmon for dinner plus some cheese and also had some serano ham.

Defrosted some mixed seafood just in case I feel like eating anything else.

(Linda ) #164

I finished off my lamb but was hungry later so ended up having an extra me of flanken ribs.

This afternoon I noticed my clothes were sticking to me and glanced at the thermometer and it was blank…ugh not great in florida this close to August and air conditioning so me and the dogs get to sit in front of a fan til they come out tomorrow to fix it…

Seems like lately if it’s not one thing it’s another lol…

I had a thought gee in this heat an ice ream might be nice…but nope I really don’t crave anything off plan…so the thought was gone just as quickly as it arrived…

@Karen18 yeah so far weight is holding I think my culprit is cheese everytime I’ve gained weight it’s been on cheese …usually 2lbs at a time and for some crazy reason even if I remove the cheese weight still holds on for dear life lol…

I am sorry, I couldn’t resist venting some despite the problem partially may lie in my earlier carbs … It still won’t make me stick to carnivore, that’s just not realistic for me yet. I do what I can. Really. The time is right for it, it should be easy and I am very hopeful my August will be good and strict without me feeling so. But I was okay with strictness in November for 2 weeks and I mostly had smoked pork and liver as meat! How on earth could I do that? Well I couldn’t handle the salt amount now… And pretty much used to my roasts multiple days per week.

I ruined yesterday epically. Well at least I didn’t eat much carbs. Just insane amounts of fat at night (there was protein too, of course but my protein was already high and I had that Very Fatty Pork, almost a whole package… forget several hundreds of kilocalories per minute, I am way more impressive when insatiable night hunger strikes). I was hungry and nothing helped except massive overeating. Damn. But it must be very temporal. I blame the earlier carbs and my too early first meal. Maybe the lean pork didn’t help but it can’t be an important factor. But eating little during the day… It was a borderline okay amount, it often works, probably not on day #1.
It’s so so very hard to figure out what, when and how much to eat - and do that. But I keep trying. Now I think it’s key to stop being self-indulgent. I should NEVER eat before ~3pm, no matter what. It triggers night eating and that’s very, very bad for me. While well-fasted hunger is nothing. I just don’t like it. I have plan B but I never stick to that. If I mess up my eating early on, I am doomed.

Well maybe it was simply a hungry day but it makes no sense, I ate too much lately and anyway, it is horribly inconvenient and wasteful. Many people would do a fasting day but that’s not my style and it’s totally impossible anyway.
But maybe more or fattier meat would have been helpful. Or not eating right before bed but I wasn’t fully satiated…
So I stick to carnivore now, at least and it will get all better later. The first days tend to be a tad difficult sometimes but it was especially bad now. So it’s no carnivore problem, it’s starting carnivore again problem. And being me. Why I have this irresistible urge to eat a ton sometimes? Sigh.

But it’s a new day and we will see! Hard as my body is torn between eating little for balance but that never works. But I will be super good with my food choices and make sure to eat enough before late evening arrives!
I visited the village shop and bought pork. Both lean and fatty cuts. Then cut off the fatty part from the lean one for myself… But it’s probably still leaner than the chuck. Whatever.
I will roast these today. The upper right corner has the chuck, there is chicken and pork thigh. The left bottom is the pure very lean pork piece for Alvaro.

This should be enough for the next 2 days. Meat wise, I mean, I obviously will eat many eggs (just not boiled ones I think) and Alvaro will obviously eat very much carby staples and cakes and fruits. We both need lots of calories each and every day. I mean, for satiation, my energy need isn’t that high and I want to lose fat, not like it would happen this year, probably. But who knows? I already lost a big part of my food addiction, maybe other miracles aren’t out of question either. But my first goal is convenience and chill and not a wasteful eating.

I feel satiated now (but I very nearly always am satiated at 1pm… yesterday was an anomaly, it happens though usually on weekends. in? I researched it MANY times for long and keep forgetting so sorry, I have no idea how to use the weekend(s) word), my body never had problems with an energy intake below twice my need (short term). It feels pretty normal to me and sadly, it doesn’t satiate me for longer (big meals satiate me for longer, not heavy days). It just makes my next meal smaller, usually.
But I very rarely go over 1.5 times my needs nowadays (and that’s quite rare too) because it’s hard to do accidentally on very low-carb. Or on a carbier day after extreme low-carb times. Those have lingering satiating effects, that’s nice.

I will be EXTRA careful to have enough meat at hand. Maybe some roast in the freezer… I won’t get it out willy-nilly but if I am hungry, that should help. I never ever really overate proper meat. Or eggs. Not even at night. But I should never eat at night. Barring extreme circumstances like not eating all day for some weird reason.

I still couldn’t care less about ice cream :smiley: I kind of want pancakes here and there. But those are mildly dangerous too, I keep them for OMAD days. Or when I don’t want anything else but still need food.
As long as I don’t find pork boring, I eat it. And then I fry liver. And after then I will find pork the best idea ever again. (Unless I can buy mutton or something.) So in theory, it’s all great.

fast post

husband dragged me out ‘to fancy smanchy’ restaurant.

I got ‘herbed’ to death! :frowning:

UGH…whole menu was herb encrusted lamb, or filets or everything LOL and rosemary sauces, and saffron oils infused etc.

I ordered lollipop lamb and said NO herby stuff and the darn thing came on a ‘bed of herby junk’ which made the lamb taste herby too but not too bad, the lamb was cooked so rare and delish tho but I asked the waiter, I said no herby and he said, oh they didn’t put any on the lamb itself, the other stuff under it is just garnish…ugh…I ordered the ONLY other thing that had no ‘crazy herb or sauces or crap on it’…description was ribeye steak, fingerling taters and steamed veg and of course I said NO to the sides, just slap a steak on the plate and feed me.

omg it came with being grilled in some herb tasting crap and then on top of the steak was some thicky gooey onion infused oily ‘gravy’…yea that wasn’t in the damn description now was it?

I scraped off the goo…ate most of the steak but the herby taste shut me down, just couldn’t finish it and I tasted damn herby crap ALL night long…came home cause still hungry and ate me some sausage patties which were just right :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I tell ya eating out is gonna kill me!! :clown_face:

At home I control the world in my meats…out in the public, oh boy it can be a darn obstacle course in navigating a darn menu!!!

being dragged out again for another dinner and this time I cancelled the Italian place he wants and I said we are doing regular ol’ local BBQ joint, which hubby agreed to, cause he can slam down BBQ easily…but I think that is my safest call at this point.

I just don’t require restaurants as ‘anything in my life’ anymore…not like before. I just find ‘food is not a priority’ as entertainment, needing to try different things and all that…food just is not on the top of my list as ‘a thing to try’ out there in the world anymore…and I like that actually!!
So I suffer thru eating out for hubby, but luckily I am controlling going out less times so that helps. I just find it mostly a waste of good money not eating sides, having to navigate the herb world and more LOL

What kills me…I could be eating a $10 ribeye steak at home and yet at that place I pay $40 for the damn thing and it is nasty? I gotta be nuts HAHA

ok I restaurant ranted!!

Today I got me some sausage to eat up later paired with a nice big burger at the RV.
Going out to BBQ tonight I am thinking a big ol’ slab of ribs for me :slight_smile: Plain of course, I love BBQ joints just smoke ribs with a small bit of dry rub which I do well on and done deal in eating.

if I end up with ribs will get a pic and post for ya’ll

CARNIVORE ON STRONG EVERYONE!
big sun day here, fish swim kayak…ahhh, last day of vacay and home tomorrow…goes way too fast!

It’s just rude to be mum about the details in the menu, hearing what you want and serve something else… :frowning:

I eat for 2 weeks using $40, well that’s another matter. I had my eating out times in the past, with meat too (even if I never cooked meat and had 350 vegetarian days a year, it was more comfortable to eat meat in restaurants. I already preferred low-carb, vegetarian meals usually suck in restaurants or just not what I like - and I had way less problems with quality meat in a nice restaurant. and it was rare and it matters)… It was good. I have a hunch you there have it differently. I don’t even know if I ever ate gravy, it’s some odd thing to me. I don’t think we often put sauces on meat here and definitely not sugar. Sure, probably it happens here and there but not all the time. And I don’t remember any herby meat either. It was a stew or a fried thing, very plain, with salt, especially the fish… Maybe black pepper… And carbs next to it. Hungary is big on breading everything, first of all, meat but one just chooses something else, I never liked that for meat. Only for veggies as those are so very low-cal alone. Meat is just fine alone. But I myself never breaded things as it’s such a chore and why would I have needed that. Well, for crunch, that’s the only reason…

I wondered about my herbs today. I have a ton. And I never use it for anything except maybe for some tomato thing for Alvaro. But they start to seem so very far from anything edible that I probably won’t be devastated to put them into the compost eventually…

Dill is special, I actually use it sometimes, it makes a fun sour cream pancake. And I need all the recipes to avoid eating my pancakes sweet. My mind have those things and after eating eggs and meat savory pancakes have a harder time. But I really love some nice versions, I just tend to forget about them but I made a list today, I had so much time while Alvaro was eating his 3-course lunch. My head cheese just passed its expiration date so it’s time to open the package and pancakes are the best use for those slices. As it’s sliced :slight_smile: Once slice per thin pancake is very good.

so agree Shinita…I just thought with no ‘herb description’ on the menu that this was a ‘safe steak’ and ya know…I should know better LOL it was my fault for not saying my usual thing…normally I say I WANT NOTHING on my meat but meat on a plate but for some reason I was off on my ordering, I got lax, having a fun time with hubby and kinda let ‘the food fall where it may’ but I got jacked on it all.

me bad HAHA

but darn, I am like you…for the money I spent on this one meal I was like…omg I could eat SO well at home for many meals and enjoy my food and that was a big part of the disappointment :frowning:

I see prices ramping up for less quality and portion sizes and all that happening everywhere, we are in a big price hike on good food but darn, if that steak came just so good and I loved it I ‘almost could justify’ the price as in having a great time out with my husband, but when I get nailed like this, omg it just makes me squirm in what I could have done with that extra money I paid for what I can make better at home :slight_smile:

Longer one goes all in full on carnivore the more one can not stomach herbs. Most of us get to that point and we find our tastes just don’t require it or like it…which is a great path for discovery about our food sources/how we cook or need ya know.

I am SO over friggin’ herby tastes I could scream :rofl::clown_face:

No herbs will ever be killed for my meals and let them be nibbled on by my food source, the rabbits, the deer, the cows and more…then let me just eat that fresh meat in my best style!

ok I ranted a bit again about eating out…,darn but I do this for hubby so? ugh but I gotta let it go sometimes or it would drive me batty…carnivore is easy but when out and about, it truly can be hard.

Like Vic trying to find a cooky chef to help him hold carnivore while traveling for work and more.

but it is what it is and we all have to walk thru and navigate the crazy out there when eating out :100:

I don’t have problems with herbs, I mean I don’t get unwell at all but I super quickly lost all my tiny tolerance for unnecessary things in my food. Especially for meat. And I never was into herbs much I suppose (no wonder as I hated most green leaves all my life). Except the ones good for sour food (tarragon, bay leaf). I love sour food and I barely ever eat such ones nowadays.
Meat and garlic is a good combo for many people and I liked garlic (though I rarely used it). But I super quickly changed and roasted garlic started to have an awfully strong flavor, very annoying with meat. Never again.
Herbs are just very, very unnecessary I imagine. I doubt I used any for anything but tomato things (deviled eggs, eggs in purgatory and sometimes on pizza) in the last year. And I skip it for myself as it may not be bad but not good either. Pointless. And I like to skip pointless things.

For some reason I can be very pure regarding my meat, I do that so well from the beginning. If it’s a roast, I only add salt, nothing else and I do this since ages, the first few times I used my old big fav spice, black pepper. I never use black pepper now except in my sausage spice mix. That I almost never use…
I am a lazy one and roasts are the easiest and best so why? :smiley:

I still need to play with cooking and baking here and there but my staple meat shouldn’t be complicated. It’s just perfect roasted with a tad salt. Today I used 2g for ~1400g meat. It sounds quite low but I need the least salt for my roasts for some reason. And I can add salt later while I can’t get it out… Now the liquid underneath is very little, I used the right amount of meat! It was swimming in water when I managed to squeeze 3500g meat into my oven pot :smiley: And I need to add water if it’s just a few slices but why would I heat up the kitchen, put in the tiny effort and clean the pot for a few bites? 2kg meat sounds the right amount but it’s less now as the chicken leg took up so much space and I used smallish pieces of pork anyway.

It’s 5pm and I am a bit hungry so I better eat now. Zero or rather negative appetite again, it’s too hot, I drank a ton of water and I never have an appetite this late if I am well-fasted. Not like it matters anything at all, of course. Except making me very reluctant to eat. But hunger eventually changes this. And pork is tempting :slight_smile:

So I will eat eventually. Not like I need it after the last days… But I don’t work that way.

(Linda ) #170

Spices and herbs for me come and go more spices than herbs unless it’s roast lamb them I might add Italian seasonings …but lately I just use salt for me or Cajun seasoning if I want some added heat…

Well its lunch time in florida still waiting for the guy to come and fix the air conditioning.
It’s the two big dogs I really feel for they get so hot one being a husky and the other part husky20210723_130404

(Edith) #171

I know! Why is it that the bloating can appear over night or even the same day, and it takes many days for the bloating to go away? It is not fair!!! :angry:

That is such a sad story to me. I’m sure it wasn’t cheap eating at that restaurant and you went home hungry and had to eat food at home. :cry:

++++++++++++++
I am having a bottomless pit day. I’ve been trying to work on my sleep hygiene this week: stop watching TV by 8:00 pm, do the bedtime prep: take care of dogs for the night, brush teeth, wash face, etc., read a little (with blue blocking glasses), and then lights out by 9:15 PM. Monday night I slept pretty good, but last night I woke around 2:00 AM hungry and having to use the bathroom (numbers 1 and 2, what’s that all about?) I thought maybe I just needed some salt, so I swallowed down an 1/8 teaspoon. That didn’t help so I ate some leftover chicken. Still couldn’t fall asleep, so I listened to a podcast I’ve heard many times before on a low murmur and finally fell back to sleep.

You’d think that having a snack during the night would keep me from being hungry when I awoke. It did not. I was starving for breakfast! So, I ate a big breakfast. Four hours later I was hungry for lunch. I ate a big lunch. (Now, I’m feeling a little sleepy. lol.) I’m sure when I get home from work, more meat will be in my future. I haven’t had a day like this in quite a while. :woman_shrugging:

(Karen) #172

I have to say that chicken for some unknown reason, keeps me awake. I can’t eat it early evening so chicken is always a lunchtime food for me and 8 avoid it like the plague any later in the day!

Herbs are not much in my vocab since eating this way. I have even dropped off quite considerably on the spices. My body seems to tell me when to add salt … if I have bacon on the plate there is def enough salt in that alone so I never add to plate. My tastes have drastically changed since I started Carnivore in November.

At work I get a lot of peeps asking me about my foody choices … (mind you always have done because I have always been on some kind of eating regime or another lol) …they do make me laugh with their questions though.

I feel a ton better today and did stair runs without puffing and panting. I checked my fitbit and it said I did the stairs in 39 mins yesterday, which is very slow for me, and my heart rate was 141bpm, today I did them in 31 mins which is normal for me and heart rate was 135bpm so I am glad I listened to my body yesterday and cancelled the CF. Not going back to CF till Sat all being well.

Brunch was a lovely sirloin steak eggs and bacon.

Dinner was 2 rainbow trout fillets which were tasty followed by some strong vintage cheddar.

Back to work tomorrow for a shift so an early night tonight and up at 4.45am arghhh !!! Hate the early alarm!

Eats today…coffee. x2 three scrambled eggs mixed with a cup of ground beef. 4 TBS of butter melted over it. No cheese. =)

@Fangs … Happy Vacation! Very sorry to hear about the unpleasant dining experience. Usually, those top-end places will follow directions well. (Could have just been an arrogant chef, or a staff that did not communicate your specifications very well.) The most useful tip I can share to help get things done the way you specify - tell them you have severe food allergies. Explain that any seasonings, herbs and additives can trigger an “episode”. So, just steak, with a side of clarified butter.
I do have severe food allergies, and this practice is what I adopted in order to stay clear of any triggers. Every place I go caters to those directions. While you may not have an actual medically verified allergy, you could simply be “allergic” to the taste. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: For me, I really do have to be careful, as there are corn derivatives in nearly every.damn.spice.seasoning.sauce.or whatever. Hell, there are some taco seasonings on my no-eat-list. How crazy is that???!

@VirginiaEdie . … try munching on a couple pats of butter before beddiebye. I do that before work some days, just because I KNOW how the days can go, and me walking around all hangry is NOT good for customer service surveys. Or peer reviews. So, the fat just keeps me satiated and no tummy growls. Just a thought.

@Shinita … the baby calf is darling. She is so tiny…I could pick her up with one arm. Don’t think she was even 50 pounds. That was a week and half ago. Now, she’s starting to put on some weight.

That calf had me worried though. She was with the herd, got separated from her mother, and wasn’t able to find her. As the cows were out grazing, the calf was walking amongst the herd, sniffing udders and, um, well…the male parts too. And dang it…she went right smack under Redbull, latched onto his weiner, and gave it a big ole suck. Next thing I saw was Redbull startle and the calf went flying. Once she landed on the ground, she got up, wobbled a bit, shook her head, and went on trying to find mom. I laughed so hard, I snorted. We caught the calf and the mother, put them inside a chain linked fence so they can work on their relationship a little more. Without Redbull. Goodness gracious. The things that go on here at the farm! Never a dull moment. (Redbull, for those of you not familiar with my lad, is the 2000 + pound Red Angus bull. I used to give him head noogies when I’d walk by the fence, but I stopped that last year. He snorted at me. He’s never charged at us at all, but, given his age- and the crankiness that can come with aging, I’m done taking chances just for the thrill of noogie-ing his big fat head.)

So, work is going well - I guess. Got my hours back to where I want them - 32 and under. Hired another person, along with more cashiers, so, that is nice. I get three days off a week, and work the other 4 days, alternating weekends. Works well. I still get a little stressed from time to time, but whatever. I’ve been trying to take a little more time to do the things I want to do when I’m off. The hiking thing last Saturday was perfect. It had rained hard the night before, and there was no cuttin’ hay for hubby. So we headed north up to the High Rock bay, picked agates, and bilberries, and thimbleberries, and all kinds of medicinal plants that grow there. My husband was at a loss for words once he saw what happened to the kitchen once I got going. He was trying to describe what he thought I was turning into, but could not find the words. Once he left for work, I texted him a picture of Radagast (from the Hobbitt). Asked him if he could see the familial resemblence to me. LOL! He asked if I had any bird nests in my hair yet. You have to watch the Hobbit to fully appreciate our exchange. ANYWAYS…we now have 2 all natural cough and sore throat decoctions, a couple tinctures for gout and varicose veins, chaga- for the antioxidant booster, red clover and self-heal for the hot-flash tea, Rosebay leaves (tea) for prevention of prostate issues, bilberry glycerite and syrup for eye sight issues (made this for my MIL), dried wild raspberry leaves for tea - helps with PMS issues for my daughters, Mullien decoction/oil for nerve pain (again, for my MIL), dried blackberry leaves for tea to cool and use as a sore throat gargle and sort of mouthwash. There are more, but, those are a few that come to mind. Elderberries are next up. =)

Oooo. Gotta go hang the laundry out again. Haven’t turned the clothes dryer on in about a month now… God gave us a solar powered clothes dryer, afterall!!!

Have a great day, all.

(Edith) #174

Hummmmm… I’ll have to try something instead of butter since I have problems with dairy. I do have a nice big jar of homemade lard. Maybe I’ll give that a try. Does it help you sleep through the night? I frequently wake up at 3:30 am just because. Thanks for the suggestion.

(Linda ) #175

Well finally airconditioner back on dogs must be feeling better house is still at 81 degrees but I certainly feeling the difference.

For breafast I had 2 flanken ribs 1 egg and a protein bread bun only half in picture i ate other half with butter

I was hungry again. So just cooked a repeat of breakfast but I was only able to eat half of it…
So maybe that’s a sign for me that I’m slowly adapting to carnivore.

Oh I know a human body may have odd logic… If I eat late, I often get hungry way earlier… And my old fav: breakfast makes me hungry, immediately or very soon. Any breakfast. Maybe not a 100% fat one but I don’t do that.

My body is kinda predictable. But it has its moments and anyway, there are zillion factors, some must be different and that’s a whole different situation.

I had these ideas for my sleep too but it’s not TV but computer and not 8pm but midnight… I am so close nowadays :wink: But I am still exhausted and sleep long. 9 hours a day, it’s not what I usually do. Maybe the hot weather.
At least I never wake up at night - except when Alvaro wakes at 4am or when the alarm sounds at 7am (I need to close the windows as the temperature raises quickly. Alvaro opens them at 5am) but I can go back to sleep. Usually. If my brain doesn’t manage to give me bad thoughts.

Well. I almost forgot to make a photo and indeed, we already ate some meat before it happened but I still can show every kinds of meat we had…

It’s good it’s this topic, you guys don’t get bored of my almost similar pork roasts or say I am a boring cook :smiley: In the pic thread where most people are perfectly nice, someone told poor KetoKoala that she is a boring cook ages ago and she still remembers. It doesn’ even make sense to me, calling someone’s food boring. It may be perfectly exciting or not exciting but delish and perfect for the one who eats it. MY pork chuck roast is never boring. As I don’t have it more than 4 times a week :smiley: We don’t need to overcomplicate our meals. I still do it to some extent I fear, at least counting what I do for Alvaro. He had a 3 course lunch, not counting the fruit, it’s one meal from 3 (but the most complicated one) and it had 6 different dishes and extra vegetable and fruit (another fruit than the mentioned). His main dish was actually 3 dishes assembled into one before eating. That is complicated. The dishes themselves were super simple, the only carnivore part was 2 sunny side ups, almost that kind of simple.
I still didn’t figure out how on earth we produce that insane amount of dirty dishes when we do everything to keep it simple… But Alvaro’s zillion things may be an important factor. At least his staples last for days and most of his cakes doesn’t even make any dirty dish, just a spoon (well fine, maybe the transport box but it’s easy to wash, it has only crumbles. I never even use added fat). It could have been way worse. I have no idea how certain families do it.

I was super simple today. OMAD (and coffees) and yeah, not just a single dish or two but almost… I ate my leftover broth and my pork chuck. And some chicken. And the sunny side up that couldn’t keep its yolk together, it’s fine for me but Alvaro is sensitive to it and I made more he needed anyway. No cheese or bresaola or even boiled egg! Yay. I made a pancake but I didn’t want it so ate only half, without filling, from the pan. It’s very simple in my world. Oh and I ate yogurt. It was on sale and it feels so, so nice on a hot day. As I ate freshly finished hot meat, it was especially welcomed.
I drank many coffees as I felt I need to be a bit relaxed and my cream had to be used up anyway.
Still simple, the biggest part of my meal was my chuck roast! I am pleased. And now I have no more chuck. Only in the freezer, two decent sized slabs.

How I can write forever about my simple eating…? Talent.

Wow! I never heard about anything like this!
(Nothing keeps me awake. Including liters of water or coffee. My body is a stubborn one. If it wants sleep, it gets sleep and it stays asleep for 8 hours. I considered it normal until I met zillion people who can’t stay asleep all night. Alvaro always wakes up once at night. On the other hand, I can’t skip sleep and it seems to be a skill of almost every human beings, well not me. I fall asleep except if someone kidnaps me and uses sleep deprivation as a torture method. Otherwise I will fall sleep, if not at night, at 7am. Nothing can keep me awake during the night and in the morning as well. Maybe if I walked? Nope, I am surely can fall asleep walking. I did it many times standing, was close to it during motorbike riding - on the front seat, obviously, it’s very basic to sleep hours on the backseat - and even walking. It never was full sleep except the one time when I sleepwalked but if the need emerged, I probably could pull it off. Sleep is serious business for me.
Stubborn reading is the one thing that can override this need but eventually I lose.)

FINALLY! I did my full workout routine today :smiley: Alvaro was absent for the 3rd repetition of my triceps exercise so I scratched the sensitive floor I made with so much work, oh well, I can fix it. I can’t put down my bar easily. I need more carpets there. I only have doormats for the dumbbells but it’s a barbell.

@SecondBreakfast: Oh my. Such things may happen? Silly lil calf. It’s good she didn’t get hurt! Kittens do such silly things too, not exactly that but harrassing (well, trying to play with) tomcats being very busy polishing their balls. It’s good our tomcats are always nice enough to use only warning slaps, not really forceful ones.
2000+ pound?! Oh my, that’s a big one! Not like I know how much normal bulls weigh, mind you. But it’s big! :smiley:
And Ragadast is KetoKoala’s granddad! Because of his house in the forest. I saw pictures and Radagast was my first thought so I called him Ragadast for months. He himself is nothing like the wizard (though as an old hippie artist, he isn’t a normal average adult either, some craziness is definitely involved), just the house (with many wild animals inside. I think the house has a certain lack of doors and it looks crazy :D).

[…]
My dinner was only 1400 kcal so I obviously got hungry 2 hours later (I was so optimistic and it’s not like my body lacked energy after the last days… but of course it didn’t work). I ate 3 pancakes (with mascarpone and coffee, mmm).
And I got hungry an hour later and ate some head cheese, it was so, so nice… I forgot how nice it is. About 2100 kcal in 3.5 hours and I kinda held back, not much, though…
Fine, I won’t eat little in the very near future I guess. I focus on carnivore and my smallish late-ish eating window!
And better prepare a whole pound of normal meat (not stupid chicken. but I won’t buy chicken, I decided that since weeks ago, these are leftover legs. as I still have one frozen. maybe Alvaro will eat it) when I don’t even eat many eggs. 344g pork chuck just isn’t enough. But almost. That’s why I didn’t touch the other, leaner pork pieces. And because I don’t want to make more food tomorrow, it’s enough to cook for Alvaro.
I’m not used to my slightly raised meat… need? yet, my world is changing. And I usually eat more eggs. But being prepared can’t hurt.

I’m sorry, I will do useful things in the near future instead of thinking about food this much but my mind was useless in the heat and I can always think about food. And I am so done with struggling. I am mostly chill, things just get out of hand and it sometimes annoys me.

Deep in the carnivore deep here. Back at work in the city. If I can’t eat home-cooked carnivore, I don’t eat. So it’s a carnivore fasting and feasting mix. I do full days on a morning black coffee with no hunger and good mental clarity. At night I OMAD some beef. The other night it was pork ribs and a roasted lamb shank. @Karen18 will appreciate that some cheese still is included, mainly as added fat to the lean meats. I ate a local camembert one night and 150g Castello Blue on another night layered with duck liver pate in between roast beef slices. I feel like I am eating like a king.

The thing is, as @VirginiaEdie Edith knows, is when I’m (we’re) this deep in to carnivore, right on the plan, that oxalate dumping can occur. One of the symptoms I get is the crunchy build up in the corner of my eye. I’ve heard them called “sleepy seeds” by a veterinary nurse as she wiped them out of kittens’ eyes, or “eye boogers” as a general descriptive term. And you know what, they taste just like “booger”.
Let’s all agree that boogers are 100% carnivore. I rolled an eye booger out just now and wondered what it would taste like. The main flavour is ‘salt’. So that indicates salts being excreted, and a bit crunchy, so that’s a craved for texture for low carb eaters, but it also indicates a possible crystal matrix. What I’m getting at here, if anyone is still with me, is that oxalate dumping may take the form of extra eye booger production. That’s my hypothesis.

Was it this podcast? This episode was not the greatest but had some good, clear, reiteration of the importance of sleep. It would be interesting to know what your blood glucose was doing with the waking at 2 am. For some people it is normal to wake (and work) a few hours in the witching hours. It may just be a discovery of normal.

I have been focussing on good sleep as well, and feel the benefits in general life. This morning I had to be up at 6:30am (winter dark) to go and collect my mum for an early appointment at a doctor. No problems. Finished work at about 6pm last night. Carnivore beef feast for dinner and a long chat with Labrador Billie. Before in bed at 8:30pm to read a novel in low yellow lighting. Asleep by 9pm. Bounced out of bed 10 minutes before the alarm and stood out in a morning storm getting buffeted by wind and rain. Dried off and was early at Mum’s house.

Hang on… This project is a carnivore project. The FrankoBear project! Bears eat carnivore.

Understandable :smiley:

I walked and saw 13 swans, a lizard and one of our idiot cats brought a young european serin (I am pretty sure of it, not 100% but almost). Only sightly hurt leg, it seems, poor thing is in shock right now. Caroline (the cat) lost all her interest in it. Sigh.

I ate about half of it and a few more pancakes… But I still will have my dinner.

I enriched my clear jelly :slight_smile: I put boiled eggs, meat, head cheese into it. The little blob is a mystery blob. It refused to melt with all the rest of the original jelly… So I used it as decoration.
The coffee has a small egg and a little butter and the pancakes contain head cheese. It is still good but I will finish it tomorrow.