Epic Carnivore July-a-ganza

and no one started July while I am on vacay…ahh, ohh, come on HAHA

got 4 more days til we return home…beach is wonderful.
me and my boogie board and the waves are big friends…swimming like crazy AND OF course holding carnivore very well. A few bites/tastes of this and that but I tell ya, FOR ONCE ON VACATION I truly am not hankering for any crap they eat. I am making sure I am very full and satisfied and it is all working out good…usually vacations irk the heck out of me cause of ‘vacation eating crap jealousy’ around the family but this time, I got some mental mind game flip where I just don’t care as much…yea a tiny bit still, but it was waned off alot for me and it is all going zero carb great for me.

big racks of ribs
sausages
cheeseburger patties
big steaks of course :slight_smile:
and fresh off the boat shrimp which are SO good!

When ya’ll can let start July and check in here and just flip over into a new month where we will all get great results.

I did lock in my 2.5 lbs lost for June…thrilled with that and I don’t know, but I feel thinner on this vacation. I think the ocean water, that wonderful salt water and jumping waves and just moving and enjoying this beach to the ultimate makes a huge diff. in my life…and it seems my body loves it all :slight_smile:

OK saying HI to everyone, will check other threads to see what is up when I get a chance later maybe…but with so few days left, vacay is more on my mind that chatting up too much online now LOL

thinking of you guys and hoping you all are great!! Will catch up in a bit :slight_smile: be carni good everyone

LET’S ROCK OFF OUR CARNIVORE JULY-A-GANZA —WEE

it’s so hot outside

Inside too. 25C in my room, well it could be worse, my room faces south with huge windows and just below the roof… :smiley:
We had some cooler days though :wink:

Of course Australia has winter. Hungary has fruit seasons now at least :smiley: My “Black Jewel” raspberry bore its first fruits today! Isn’t it amazing? But my red raspberries are dense and dry, many plants died and we even water them! This weather hits the garden hard, I never saw certain sturdy plants wilting until now.

Yesterday I managed to eat 1.5 pounds of pork chuck roast without seriously trying so today I keep my meat intake low (I just would get bored of it earlier, better to have a light day. but I don’t even have much meat now. but as I need to buy stuff, I will do some shopping tomorrow, maybe the village has something to offer. I would like some bird, preferably turkey but the chances aren’t so great).
I eat eggs today :smiley: Boiled eggs with ham and mustard, scrambled eggs and obviously pancakes. But I eat pork too, of course, I love eggs but can’t eat only them for a proper sized meal, not even with the mentioned extras.
This is great chuck, with lots of fat. I even like it cold.

I use 1g salt for 3 pounds of roast now. Hard to tell things as most of it escapes with the water (it makes the prettiest jelly :smiley: when I used more salt, it always became super salty, with 1g for 3 pounds of meat, it’s just a bit too salty) but it seems it’s just the perfect amount for the meat. I am very sure I used WAY more than that just a few months ago. I actually remember when I used 1g/pound and it was already a reduced amount…
I will do some experiment one day. Eggs, roasts and tracking salt.

Hunger and appetite is low all the time, no change about that. But I feel some kind of weakness sometimes so that’s my cue to eat. And sometimes I just eat because Alvaro eats and I actually can. Yesterday I ate way above my energy need, probably because I had fresh roast and it’s pretty much irresistible :smiley: I had cramps some days before so probably my meat intake got too low again. At least according my hypothesis very low carbs and enough meat never produces cramps. But I may be wrong, of course. And maybe the often present carbs may be the culprit…

I want a quite proper July. Fruit wise it’s very safe as it’s a bad year. The only fruit season spoiler[/spoiler] doesn’t interest me. Maybe (OK, surely) I will want some beer here and there, it feels so good in summer but unless Alvaro makes some tempting carbier food again, I really don’t want to mess with my woe. I don’t even gain anything for feeling worse if I go overboard. 1-2dl beer never felt bad :slight_smile: But I don’t drink that much every week, I never wanted alcohol all the time, months passed between 2 occasion but beer in summer happens more often.

Cooking is easy lately, it’s nice. Alvaro makes his fancier/carbier dishes so I make some pancakes, mix and bake something simple for his breakfast now and then, give him some meat and we both are happy.

yea we were big hot weather but NOW we got Tropical Storm Elsa coming over us…we might leave a day early…when a storm sets on ya it just sets on ya LOL

Hope you are still eating good Daigo and doing fine ? :slight_smile:

don’t try to keep meat intake low…you have to stay intuitive with this…if you body wants more meat you eat it…key truly on this lifestyle, but not sure if I am reading what you wrote wrong or not :slight_smile:

one thing always on carnivore is the body will ask for what it wants, always try to give it just that without ‘bringing mental play’ as in I should limit, or eat less, or maybe want other stuff, and if you want other stuff, eat alot of it as you require…but I get your appetite is swinging low but always watch that…eat as you see fit all the time but again, I might be reading your post wrong on your concept of it all LOL

--------------well big storm Elsa is coming, we might just leave a day early…why get caught in a trop storm when we can get out 1 day ahead LOL

big doin’s here on what to do…yea the track of the trop storm is coming but darn. but alot of people are packed and leaving a day early so…ugh…lol

(Karen) #6

Oooh sooo good to find July thread started … was all kinda lost :laughing::laughing::laughing:

While the site was down I kept taking piccies of meals and have been staying on point. They are very much the same day in day out but I am more than happy with that.

Been enjoying my leave even though I haven’t gone anywhere. Just carried on stair running and completed another mountain so now started the 17th and also been CrossFitting every day. My daughter and I took my son out on Sunday to a lovely working farm which has a small transport museum which he loves and he really enjoyed feeding the animals of which there were plenty. The cafe left a lot to be desired for my daughter and me but Ben enjoyed his large baguette and c**e . We decided we definitely needed to be more prepared for not being able to eat on our trips with Ben. We both hadn’t had breakfast and so didn’t eat till we got home at 3.45pm! I cooked up sausages and they have given me a bit of a bloated tum so I am guessing they should stay off the menu in future.

My daughter has been diagnosed with PCOS and has done her own research into what foods to eat and what to avoid. There is a lot of similarity to eating to her blood group, which is same as mine O Pos and so is the hunter gatherer. No wheat gluten or dairy. Probably why I have never had an issue going carnivore. I would love her to try carni but I have to let her make her own decisions. She has been trying for a baby since September and so is very focused now shes had her diagnosis. Sooooo she now fully understands what it is like trying to eat out, not that she didn’t accept my eating regimes.

Brunch 4 egg cheese omelette
Dinner several lamb chops and a big rump steak

20210629_182510 20210629_115836 20210628_115359
Just a few of my meals over the time we’ve been waiting for the site to come back up. Heavens I eat well and plenty :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Of course I eat meat if I want meat. But my body definitely hates the idea of much meat all the time anyway so I have many good reasons not to eat much meat today. So I did this far :slight_smile: Eggs, meat and little else seems to work for me. My meat consumption is all over the place. Sometimes I want much so I eat more than I should in average, sometimes I love my low-meat day.

No need to worry about my body, it totally rules what I eat. I always eat whatever it wants, basically. Except when my mind does odd things but I am a hedonist and my body is clear regarding its wishes so I feel very safe.

Of course, there are circumstances. I don’t know when I can get meat (but I try to get some tomorrow) and I only have a little now (enough for a single meatier day). And Alvaro needs some tomorrow so I kept myself back - but as I had a meaty day yesterday, eating mostly eggs feels best today anyway. So all is good eating wise except I ate way too early, around 3pm… Oh well, I am very bad with the “waiting until hunger” part. Fortunately I ate a very little lunch.

[…]
But I had 2 additional meals (0.6 pounds of meat so quite much after yesterday… it satiated me very quickly, a little in the end of all my meals). Oh well. No wonder my basic attitude since a decade is “eating as little as comfortably possible”. I still slightly overeat in general. Maybe not in pure carnivore but it depends on my timing as well. I can’t eat 3 times a day and avoid eating too much… At least nor normally. I have those days but rarer and rarer as my body adapts. Eating less tempting food would “help” but I prefer eating good food I enjoy. I should eat less often then. Sometimes I can do that, sometimes I start to eat at 3-4pm, sometimes even earlier and almost inavoidably eat way too much… Especially if fresh roast and pancakes are involved… Mmmm.

Well I am nothing if not patient after many years of stalling/gaining on low-carb (with the odd higher-carb days), I just vaguely try to do thing better and hopefully it will happen eventually…? Practice makes me better on various levels. I have this easy chill thing now, I just eat much as usual. I blame the sour cream, cream and pancakes but they are so nice :smiley:

Cold winter storms all this week. That virus is causing some social disruption as it is the height of cold and flu season. But I haven’t had any snuffles so far.

The ocean is too wild to swim. The wood stove is going all day. Plenty of bacon and eggs, and roasted meats: beef, lamb shanks and pork ribs.

It’s great weather for reading and writing. Between cold fronts it is perfect for tree planting as I continue forming and creating a forest. I grab a few minutes of sunshine on skin when the opportunity presents. Winter is so dynamic on this coastal cape there are never more than a few days without sunshine.

(Amy the Silly Sausage 🌭) #9

Hi guys, it’s been a long time since I posted I know… I am still somewhat mostly carni… MOSTLY. Sorry i don’t know how to blur on here… the only plant matter I eat is lettuce and like one slice of tomato. I don’t know why I can’t eliminate them from my WOE, I did last year for heavens sake. It is teeny tiny amounts though. The main thing I eat is protein… I haven’t bothered tracking for awhile. I was just sick of doing it I guess. I am not too well tonight, I woke up feeling crap. I almost didn’t go out but my landlord knocked on my door and I thought I might as well go out I bought ham and pork and cheese. The main thing I eat is pork and eggs and cheese…like every night… yep I’m boring. Lol. I did have some lamb last night though. I never have any energy. I am always constipated so I take laxatives every few days now. I bought a women’s multi vitamin and that has iodine in it and all the vitamins but I’m still always tired. I have no idea why. I think I might be also suffering from somewhat severe depression so that might contribute to being tired all the time. Anti depressants don’t help, I’ve tried them all and I give up. I’ve been writing a lot of creative stories that rhyme and that helps somewhat. I will start posting on here more often. It is a very cold winter here in Australia, freezing.

Meanwhile my pork and eggs are anything but boring… :smiley: They are pretty much awesome. The eggs need some variety but eggs are super versatile. Pork chuck is made to be roast, it’s its intended fate so I don’t play with that. I still don’t miss any salt when eating it… It’s just perfect.
Maybe I should try it without any salt, I am curious. I probably won’t find it ideal though.

I had my “I am sure I would feel better if I ate” thing (it always happens early when my sleep wasn’t good enough) so I had a tiny meal between 11am and noon despite not being hungry the slightest. Eggs, cold pork, pancakes, the usual. I am quite satiated now.

It was HOT in the sun at 8am so I didn’t go shopping. Maybe tomorrow but that will be cycling. I miss my walks so I had a tiny one this morning but it wasn’t so nice in this heat.

(Vic) #11

Hi all,

Hope you’rr all doeing well. I’ve been traveling around al lot and lots of sticks being poked in my nose.

Now I’m back in Mozambique africa for at leased a few weeks.
Been on 3 meals a day and I guess gained a few pounds. Not much time to worry about it. Busy busy work work.

Carnive on…
Vic

Bacon, 2 rashers of middle cut, and 4 eggs at noon = NoFUN continues = no food until noon. 2 morning cups of coffee. 3 online work meetings.

Tonight there is a 700g ribeye in the cast iron oven and 2 more :egg:

The wood fire stove is set to low and slow.

It’s raining again, but there were splashes of sunshine today as well.

I like being on our tiny farm in our off grid tiny house hours away from the city breathing fresh air.

(Karen) #13

Try liquid iodine its brilliant at perking you up when feeling fatigued. Amaz9n sell it at a reasonable price. I use lugols though I haven’t needed it recently. Always have some in the vitimin/mineral drawer.

(Karen) #14

700g ribeye? Will you eat it all? I generally get the thinner 195g steaks as I know I can cook them to perfection … for my ‘rare’ taste. I have had slightly larger ones now and again when I have bought from either butchers or shops I don’t regularly frequent.

When eaten with eggs and bacon (or lamb chops every so often) the smaller size if adequate for my appetite.

Hi Karen, yes I ate it all tonight. It’s about 175g of protein and lots of other nutrients. I did some maths and experiments (n=1), and require about 200g of protein per day to keep feeling strong. I have Viking ancestors. Sometimes I eat about half the rib eye and have the rest as cold cuts the next day. I hit satiety on the last fork load. So it was well judged this time.

The tricky bit I find is judging the fat intake. If I get that right, I have zero cravings and a general nice sense of well being.

I never ate ribeye but 700g of it sounds a cute small meal. I probably would have some problems due to its leanness but even that isn’t sure just likely. But if someone likes it and compatible with not tiny meals (everything below 800-1000 kcal is tiny to me. big meals start at 2000. this probably never will change)…

I never do this thing, having and eating a bigger piece of meat because I have it and it’s the plan… I stop whenever I feel like, I can’t eat according to plan, no matter how well I know myself. IDK how I did when I brought lunch to my workplace in the past but I probably had the option to leave some and even had extra food if it wasn’t enough… I do have some wriggle room but it’s trickier with meat, I like to eat as much as I like to eat. I usually stop when hungry and eat something else though unless I eat a lot of eggs before, I can finish my meal with meat then, that’s quite nice and enjoyable. Sometimes I wonder about eating just meat. It would be quite awful for me, at least using only one type of meat. I probably could pull it off using pork, turkey and some nice seafood I actually like. But meat and eggs and even some dairy? I can imagine living like that for long even though I can’t help adding something else after some days. But not because I miss something, just because they exist, being nice and mostly harmless. My few staples ensure the needed variety and joy. I think. It seems so.

Alvaro is the one with planned meals. He always has 1000 kcal breakfasts at work (it was 1200 kcal before but he is afraid he will get fatter and even this small one satiates his hunger for 6-9 hours). He is more flexible at home. I am the one with plans I mess up. Sometimes I even took a shot of my planned OMAD meal… And ate something different (partially my planned one though, just left a lot and added a bunch of something else).
Now I make those photos the next day if I have enough leftovers.

BUT I got simpler. Nowadays I eat more roasts and very little processed meat, barely any cheese… I should stop eating pancakes all the time though…

Storm Elsa is gonna get us tomorrow with all day big rain.

coming in later this afternoon so we are gonna pack up the rv and head out today sometime, before the rain comes on us and it is coming, dark clouds and big wind.

not bad to lose 1 day of the trip, we had a blast.

will be home and get settled and back to chat up carnivore with you guys!!! EAT WELL and BIG and all ya need :slight_smile: that makes us healthy and strong :slight_smile:

it is 8:30 in the morning, not hungry at all but I am gonna eat 2 big cheeseburgers to hold me, my meat burgers well beat that road fast food crap LOL …carnivore has to do what a carnivore has to do!

(Karen) #18

Have a safe trip home, glad you had such a great time on the coast. Hope that storm doesn’t follow you home!

(Amy the Silly Sausage 🌭) #19

Hi guys :slightly_smiling_face: I was so negative and crappy yesterday. I feel much better emotionally today. Still tired but @Karen18 I will try the liquid iodine.:wink: I love keto/carni and I don’t blame it at all for my tiredness… I am going through a massive ham phase right now. So tonight I’m eating ham, eggs, cheese and pork. Tomorrow morning I’m seeing a psychic medium… shall be interesting. :scream: I finally found a decent laxative that works but doesn’t hurt my gut too much, apart from a belly ache for awhile, but no sharp pains. Even though I’m a bland cook, I just fry everything… I find it easy sticking to this lifestyle. I am never too hungry… like sure I get a tad hungry, but I now am usually OK. I am never weak with hunger like I used to be. I am mostly quite satiated. :wink: I do omad but I do have a few cheese and salami or ham snacks throughout the day, sometimes pork crackling which I find very very satiating… I get full quickly from that, but only for about an hour and then I’m fine to eat my proper meal. Lol. I hope everyone is good.:heart:

(Karen) #20

Glad you’re going to try the liquid iodine as I have a friend who now swears by it after I told her about it. I hope it works for you.

I find ham doesn’t hit the spot for me. I guage food by how I feel doing my CrossFit and whether I have the fuel to keep me going to the end of the workouts. Foods like sausages, ham and chicken just don’t cut it. It is steak that keeps me going the most and I have to make sure I get plenty of calories in too. Ham iand chicken is too lean and low in cals. I do tend to eat a fair amount of cheese and sometimes I overdo it and as like last night I paid the price with severe indigestion and with little sleep i had to cancel my CrossFit this morning. Not happy with myself. Stair runs were hard this morning.

Enjoy your meeting with the Medium tomorrow. I get my fix watching Theresa Caputo every weekend. I would love to get a reading by her. Just listening to the things she says makes me feel better about the loved ones I have lost.

Enjoy the rest of your day and if you can’t vent and be crappy on here … well what can I say…