Epic Carnivore July-a-ganza

@Shinita…Happy Birthday!!

@FrankoBear, wow, that sauce did that much to you? You felt even the sauce on those ribs? Cabbage, ugh, I woulda ate a few of the chips before cabbage HAHA I tell ya even some of the smallest things we never expect when we eat so clean at home can truly give us ‘just that little tad’ of feeling off…I so understand!! But it sounds like you guys had a great time jawing at the bar! Beautiful pic of your beach! and WOW that is quite the workout on those stairs for access!

hey I am liking Carnivore Clarity August, while not a funny type catchy name it truly shows what us carnivores do want and get from our plan!

--------------packing for our short little trip to the lake, leaving tomorrow.
bringing fish rods, kayaks and water floats for swimming :slight_smile:

I got burgers, some small steaks, sausage, beef sticks and I previewed 2 restaurants near the lake that hubby wants to hit up and they have meat selections for me so I should be very safe on this fast little trip.

yesterday was pork ribs. omgosh so good. I am just loving on pork lately :slight_smile: and I ate a small NY Strip steak.

today not sure, I do have 1 more little steak to polish off and then? I do have a big ol’ bag of shrimp I might just cook up…we shall see.

Carnivore on everyone!!

All Animal August :partying_face:

(Karen) #143

Just realised I last posted 3 days ago and not been working either!

Well my icky throat caused me two nights of virtually no sleep so I haven’t been to CrossFit since Wednesday. Just couldn’t face it and dosed up with some paracetamol to ease flu-ish type symptoms. Rested up on Friday but went to the first proper social tea dance Friday afternoon. Had a lovely time but was crazy tired by time I got hone, had a bite to eat, sat down and promptly dropped into a heavy snooze in the chair and ended up cancelling the CrossFit skills class in the evening. Went to bed about 7 45pm and had a fairly decent night’s sleep… well needed. My decent sleeps still involve several visits to the loo throughout. I wake and think if I don’t go and try to have a wee I will never get back to sleep!

Alarm was set for 6am as daughter was popping over with her kitty before going to Isle of Skye for a weeks staycation. Thought I would do the stair runs before kitty arrived but no lol just got up, brushed my teeth, had a wash and jumped back into bed for another hour! Cancelled the CF pairs workout which I would have loved if I had been up for it but head was too warm nd clammy and knew I wasn’t over this bug. Decided to put feet up for the day… after stair runs of course, nothing gets in the way even if I have to drag myself up those stairs.

First proper evening social dance last night near Walsall, which is an hours drive both ways. Had a super lovely evening and this morning I do actually feel like I am over the bug.
Me and my dance partner Raymond … the one who took a tumble, he is 84, he is quite amazing!

However, I haven’t been eating much over last 3 days and felt the lack of energy as I ran those stairs. Only eaten small light meals of chicken and prawns and don’t I know it. I have a pack of 3 big Angus 100% beef burgers defrosting and will eat all of them today. That should help re-fuel my bod.

Already had brunch of a big prawn and cheese omelette as I need to finish off the prawns otherwise I would have to chuck them and i can’t bring myself to do that!

Back to work tomorrow just for the day then in again on Thursday … just 2 shifts this week, nice, not so hot either so should be able to cope nicely.

@Septimius, ohhhh I am liking that one truly.

Triple A…All Animal August…I do believe we have a winner here :slight_smile: cool

@Karen18, so happy to hear you are getting over that bug and when your appetite really returns eat very well to get up some energy back.

that is a beautiful pic of you and your dance partner! It seems like you guys had a fab fun time!

lovely meal pics also!!

—disregard that other post, I screwed something up while posting

(Karen) #146

Thanks @Fangs I definitely feel much better today and will be hitting those big fat burgers later also have a steak defrosted if I want something extra!

One good thing is that I am so rarely actually ill … this bug has been something and nothing really. Very rare any bugs take a serious hold, 2 or 3 days of ‘is it going to develop or not’ so I am very lucky. Strong constitution and strong immune system me thinks. If the tummy gets hit then it’s usually down to me eating something off and I generally know when eating it that I should have left it alone lol

(Edith) #147

I vote for this one.

(Linda ) #148

@Shinita happy birthday
@Karen18 hope your feeling better

@SecondBreakfast hope your doing ok not heard from you in a bit

@Carnivoor miss your food pics

@Fangs have a great time off camping

@FrankoBear so cool you get times you get the beach to your self

I had really bad bloating and stomach cramps and nausea two days ago lasted all day I guess it might have been a 24 hour bug of some kind I was fearing it might be eggs but seemed to do ok yesterday.

I been sticking with trying to really listen to my hunger not just eat what ever I decide sounds good just cos I’m hungry often that led to cooking way too much food and just eating it cos it was there…after cutting back a bit I found I still wasn’t hungry and didn’t need the extra and of course so much easier to do that when your only cooking for yourself. But if I do get hungry I will have another meal for the most part though I’m eating 2 meals a day.

I Haven’t had any pork rind snacks in over two weeks so that’s an improvement…and cut back on cheese I had upped my consumption quite a bit til it gave me constipation…now I’ll have small amounts of cream cheese.
Weight wise I’m down almost 2lbs on the scale kind of hesitant to post it incase it doesn’t hold lol…
But its a sign of hope that I’m heading in the right direction.

(Vic) #149

Hi Linda,

Food pics will come back. Just dealing with a bad project, keeps me very occupied, food is very far from my mind.
Good thing is, carnivore woe is fast and effective.

Will enjoy food again when I have the time, now its just fueling up. 6eggs and 4 big steaks a day and done…

@Shinita Happy Birthday

Stay strong all,

@Karen18
I sure understand. Tummy off it is usually a food issue truly but when we ‘go down that tiny’ bit I really do think with our immune systems being so strong now off ‘all the crud food of the world’ that we just get thru it faster and easier, but I am like you, I rarely GO down :slight_smile: but darn sometimes we all gotta fight some darn bug a bit.

My allergies are what nail me, kid mowed the yard and parts of the horse pasture around the barns and I was out doing stuff and my head clogged so fast…ugh…had the leaky eyes, the clogged nose and face and sinus pressure and cruddy ick in throat…I wish carnivore could tackle it for me but it never has…some say their allergies improved but ya know, I think ‘their allergies’ were a veggie/crap food issue that they improved on and not just a real darn normal regular ol’ allergy to pollen type issue maybe?

I got a strong constitution also and yea it is a good thing to have!!

@Azi, thanks! I will have fun for sure, any ol’ little change of scenery away from the chores is always a good thing to me!

I agree with you in that there is a part of carnivore where we can truly eat a ton…more than we actually need…and being very aware is a very smart approach. One thing is we can eat ALOT of protein cause we don’t ‘bloat up or fill up with fluffy carbs or yeast or ick’ into our bellies and we can pack in alot of protein in a short amt of time :slight_smile: I had to ‘watch me a bit’ and ‘get that hold’ on real truths of hunger and ‘how much do I really require’ but I never went crazy on it but I kept it in my mind and watched my eating/fat intake a bit and got a handle on what truly suited me best…so I get where you are at and knowing you :slight_smile: you will put yourself right into that good eating pattern etc. soon and super congrats on losing 2 lbs so far…you are going in the right direction, never fear that on carnivore! But even with carnivore sometimes we have to watch ourselves and make sure we do stay in the right area that suits us the best and our lifestyles etc. Good post to read from you!!

@Carnivoor
ahhh, sorry the project is a bear! But carnivores eat bears ya know HA

ahhh, so sorry it is steak and eggs only…NOT!! that food sounds good but it is nice to have some variety in our days but I bet you are doing good on that food tho! Can’t wait til you are freed up a bit and can chat more and show great food pics.

------------hit the store and got some nice burgers…got 90/10. I can’t ‘do burger fat’ anymore hardly, it wrecks my tummy, I love leaner burger now for sure and these look delish…can’t wait to eat them off the grill at the lake.

WOWZA prices in the store are sure going up…had my daughter with me and she bought this and that to ‘survive’ while we are gone and I saw how store prices are increasing on even the smallest items ya know…higher prices in a small container…yikes.

this wasn’t my normal store, a more fancy store and their beef sale prices were scary, not low at all and I hope my other store chain doesn’t rack up much higher…oh well…will contend with it all…carnivores make do any way we can…I will ‘HUNT’ sales like the predator I am LOL

Leave on my fast little trip in a bit.
Meat packed :slight_smile:

Everyone hold carnivore and be good! Eat up, eat up all the meat/seafood fish or fowl you love :slight_smile: I will be doing just that!

(Doug) #153

:sunglasses: Looks good! What’s that fork for? :smile:

(Linda ) #154

Lamb chops and eggs yum

(Karen) #155

Wow well done at the weight loss and you flippin post it girl, I bet it gave you quite a lift. I gave up on pork rinds, or scratching as we call them, when I broke my tooth. It had been chipped by a dentist a number of years ago right up in the top inner corner and been filled and I guess it was just weak. I now have a slither of the tooth missing and it is so annoying. I wonder if the weight loss had anything to do with cutting out the rinds/snacking. I can recall my clothes feeling a little looser after cutting them out!

:crossed_fingers: the weight loss continues for you xx

(Karen) #156

I only managed to get through one and a bit of the 3 burgers on Sunday which surprised me but I guess my taste buds and appetite had been affected by the bug! Felt so much better on Sunday but after a day at work which was hot and sweaty again I had the icky throat come back during last night and felt drained this morning.

The stair runs were such a hard, out of puff grind so I had to cancel my CrossFit AGAIN! Arghhhh. I hate having to listening to my body and my more sensible self! I think this may be down to the awful prison working conditions in the heat as it developed last weekend in that horrendous heatwave and then returned after yesterday’s hot muggy day!

Also I never get a great sleep and never eat as well, resorting to packets of sliced ham/beef or some chicken as my packup. Simple food, easy to take in. Prison security is clamping down on what is being brought in to the prison and it is just easier to show my food isn’t hiding anything when it is in a sealed packet. Of course this wouldn’t be so necessary if we could trust our colleagues not to traffic stuff in for the prisoners!

So yesterday I at work I ate a pack of 5 smoked ham slices, a pack of 5 beef topside slices and the remaining 1 & 3/4 beef burgers leftover from Sunday. Came home after work and had about 3oz cheese before heading straight to bed early!

Need steak and eggs back in my life lol which is making me hungry thinking about it so I think it is just about brunch time x

@Fangs have a super break and hope the weather stays good for you x

Oh my plans about skipping lunch every day… But I got hungry way before lunch, really hungry so I ate :slight_smile: It seems I just can’t get bored of my simple cold meal: boiled eggs (I think I change the white:yolk ratio to 3:1, even better than 2:1… I just end up with zillion leftover yolks but I have recipes for them), dry sausages and maybe bresaola. And mustard, boiled eggs without mustard is something I don’t do yet.
I am very full now, I ate 5 whites, about 2 yolks, 20g sausage and 20g bresaola. And even a coffee. It’s a super tiny meal but the earlier my meal, the smaller the amount. That’s why I only can do OMAD with a late meal.
I am tracking now as I want to ensure I won’t eat at night and my body is very predictable. It’s too bad I ate so early, it’s probably impossible to salvage the day but we will see, tiny miracles exist. An early meal usually triggers many tiny meals and that’s annoying. I ate very much in the last days so if I wait until I really get hungry, it may end not so bad…?

My meat eating was low latelty so it’s a pork day again. I only got out a tiny slab from the freezer but it will be perfect for today. I try to visit the village shop tomorrow but I sleep so late lately, I don’t know, I go to bed early (before 1am! I almost never did that in the last decades!).

We have hot weather again. But not soooooo bad. I just can’t go out so I miss my walks. Okay, I just skipped it yesterday because I forgot it around the right time, 7pm (hot but less than earlier and not many mozzies yet…) and it wasn’t nice the day before (hot and humid weather) and I had a long one in the weekend… But I really want walks every day now :slight_smile: We have extra motivation, egrets, herons and a kingfisher (the prettiest of them all, common kingfisher). The 5 swans on the other day were nice too but they aren’t exotic, we see them almost as much as the ducks.
I want to make a photo of the kingfisher… But I only saw it once. In my whole life.

A better, closer photo of the egrets would be nice too. I only have ones like this:
kocsag_kacsa_sm

Of course some ducks found their way into the pic :smiley: They are absolutely everywhere on the big pond.

Hey all. Struggling a bit to stay completely carnivore, but working through it. Keeping very busy…it is hay season, afterall. And calf season (had a baby red angus girl last week). And gardening season. And hiking up at the rocket launch point, and High Rock bay.

Gotta run again, but will be back soon. Toodles and blessings to you all. SB

Yay for baby red angus! Even Alvaro loves to hear about the babies, no matter if turkey chicks of calf! :wink: We loves most animals, from spiders through snakes to muflons… And we have them all here and they are all pretty harmless… It’s good as he can’t resist grabbing snakes when he sees one. He will need extra control if we ever visit Australia (we totally plan to).

Meanwhile I had my second meal, about 120g pork? I don’t know, a part of my lil 320g piece. I will eat the rest soon.
I have a photo as well.

Lean pork, eggs, bresaola. But the pork works well despite the leanness. It’s fried but it can’t soak up much extra fat… So it’s still very lean. It will be a pretty low-fat day in my world I imagine.
Yep, I tracked. 42% protein if I eat everything. And 1100 kcal. No way I won’t get hungry at night so I better eat something. Is there any option than pancakes? Maybe cheesy biscuits. But I don’t want cheese. Maybe the Super Fatty Pork? Nope, too many calories, I can’t eat just a bite of it.
Pancakes then. YAY! I haven’t eaten pancakes since… 2-3 days? And I have leftover mascarpone, yum. The only chance for dessert pancakes (I don’t want salty ones after eggs and pork) without breaking my carnivore. I am strict now, I even avoided the cucumber slices :smiley: This meat was very very fine all alone.
I can pick lots of blackberries without eating any (I must do it every day, well multiple times as it’s too hot outside and I don’t last for that long, I need an hour to cool down afterwards anyway). Except licking my fingers when one tore apart (stupid things doesn’t show their ripeness, I must grab them to figure it out) but that’s a practical thing.

Sorry I am kinda bubbly today. And pleased with my eating except I want one or two bigger meals, not these tiny ones if possible. But as long as I choose my food well, it can’t be too bad! I really need to see what happens when I avoid dairy and non-carni items. Well, kind of, 20ml cream happened today but I must use it up. I think I will need recipes for cream. The better tasting one is 250ml, it’s a huge amount, how on earth can we use it up now that I stopped drinking coffee in my fasting window? Maybe sometimes in the future I will have some whipped cream day but I need other ways… I think I will try frying stuff in it. Eggs or meat, it’s not like I have many options… Can I make a carni soup that is fine with it? Some sour stuff…? I will try. I had enough of simple chicken soups. I am fine with carby recipes Alvaro can eat but he only uses a super tiny amount in his puddings. But even that is optional.
Or I can just stop consuming cream. But it seems a big jump. Cream is nice.
Theoretically I can put whipped cream into ice cream but I don’t want ice cream ever nowadays and even then, mascarpone sounds better. Cream is too watery, 30% fat is the highest I can buy.
It’s too thin for pancakes… Maybe whipped cream would work but I still don’t have an easy tool to whip eggs and cream so I rarely do that.
Maybe I can put it into sponge cakes, the bigger kitchen machine (so much to clean) is used for that anyway… Not a classic recipe but 100% eggs already isn’t a classic recipe :smiley: But it adds water. No idea if that is a problem, though.
Is it possible to get some water out of it? That would sound better…

[…]
In the end it was the Fatty Pork (98% fat from calories). I already fried stuff for us (seitan for Alvaro, pork for me… both are very tasty and very satiating so no need to pity either of us), I didn’t want to work with pancakes. Especially that it’s hard to eat only a few so it would have been, like, zillion calories… My pancakes are quite serious despite being super thin.
32% protein for today, not like it matters. The grams are very nice (high but of course. considering I ate many egg whites and lean pork, it’s very modest). It’s a fine day unless I get hungry later, that would be bad. But it would make little sense so I won’t be.

fast type here, having vacay fun

ate 2 sausage patties early AM and me and hubby are swimming and fishing and since we aren’t going out til like 6-7 for dinner tonight hubby said HE IS hungry and I can wait…but he made 1/2 pk bacon and some hot dogs and burgers and the RV seems SO good…yes I had bacon and a big burger

but might scale down dinner tonight but not sure, very active and fun here so? eat as life wants me to eat

pic of our chairs down there to swim, but this is the garbage I found down in the rocks and I always clean the garbage up when I see it, small changes help all and the environment :slight_smile:

hope all are good but will read up and chat up later, vacay is too fun right now HA

(Edith) #161

I do the same when walking through my neighborhood. It is disturbing to me how many people walk past trash even though we have trashcans throughout the neighborhood. It’s not like they have to carry the trash all the way home. :angry:

You’re on vacation. Enjoy! It’s not like you’re pigging out on mocha lattes, ice cream, and pizza.