Epic Carnivore July-a-ganza

(Karen) #121

It takes some motivation i can tell you. I can easily sit down and watch daytime TV the whole day! I just know that I would be so much bigger if I didn’t keep exercising and of course once I have done it I feel good in myself.

You say you are up 8lbs but weighing in at your dr his scales have you at a steady weight? Do your clothes feels tighter and do you notice you have put on those lbs or are you just going by your scales? My dance partner kept getting fluctuating readings on his scales so took my advice and got rid of them and now just goes by his clothes and we can see he’s lost weight.

I do hope you get on top of it anyway because scales can make one very depressed. Haven’t owned any in many years because of their negative affect on my self esteem. Xx

(Karen) #122

Fotgoy to post yesterday… must be the heat lol … but I have managed to catch up all the posts for once. 7sually I find it so difficult to read them all when I get too far behind like when I have my working weekends, but that is great because everyone on this thread is so consistent with writing about their days and I do love reading what I can get round to reading!

Yesterday I did both stair runs and then CrossFit which again was a bugger of a wod. I just spend all my days wet through with sweat … I am surprised I am not stick thin with the amount of fluid I must be losing but I do hydrate regularly throughout the day and night.

I have found that just recently I have been having to add salt to my meat. Something I haven’t been doing for a long time. I noticed that the meat appeared to ‘need it’ so I’m guessing it is actually my body telling me I need to replace what I am constantly losing through sweating. It isn’t that often that I can taste salt on my lips when I am sweating so I believe that must mean I am taking just enough to keep the levels correct?

Brunch yesterday was butter sauted chicken n melted cheddar

Dinner was a 227g ribeye steak which was beautiful and I followed that with some coldwater prawns and Spanish tapas selection which was 2 different types of chorizo and serrano ham and some cheese.

I started getting an icky thick throat late afternoon and of course as always it flared when I went to bed so up most of the night. Sat watching TV between 2 and 4am! Arghhh haven’t had icky throat for at least a couple of years. I actually had 2 teaspoons of runny honey which has been sitting 8n the drawer since I started keto last May!!! :roll_eyes: yuk … is all I can say and I used to love it and swear by it for poorly throats and coughs! I went back downstairs and got some warm salted water to gargle with and it immediately soothed the ickiness. So I have been gargle several times since.

Stayed in bed after cancelling CF cos I knew I was too tired to get up and go. Have to listen to my body now and again lol woke up at 9.30 and got up at 10.30am and felt a bit more rested and did stair runs. They didn’t feel too bad albeit hotter doing them at that time.

Brunch today stated chicken n cheese again eaten after 1pm! Can’t decide between steak and lamb for dinner but will no doubt be having some more cold-water prawns as they need eating before they expire.

Foody pics for tues, yesterday and had same chicken today.
20210722_140400

(Daisy) #123

Here were my delicious fatty meals yesterday
image image

3 eggs, streaky bacon and 80g mature cheddar. 2 coffees today but no added cream. I reckon I get about 160 mg of caffeine per coffee drink. That’s quite a lot.

Tonight I ate the cold lamb shank. Ate it with my hands like it was a massive chicken leg. So yummy.

The bacon test is to leave the bacon out on a kitchen bench ( but not on a scorching day). If the bacon melts and gets all slimy, then it has the wrong unsaturated, mono-saturated, and saturated fat ratios for optimum health and satiety, but you will generate higher blood ketones. If the bacon fat stays solid, like in German speck, then it has a higher saturated fat content.

I did some feed tests and found the heartburn was triggered by something in the bacon I was eating. The heartburn bacon was slimy bacon, but it was also quite highly processed with carbs and salt. The new bacon is minimally processed and the fat is white and solid. I get no heartburn from it.

Pretty photos! You so don’t deserve my ugly indoor tablet photo but you still get it! I made pig heart :slight_smile: Just fried it with a little salt. VERY flavorful. I didn’t remember it’s that flavorful, I hardly could eat it alone. I had eggs with it and ate very little.
pigheart
I fried the right bunch (nice meat without those threads and harder parts, oh my heart anatomy knowledge, it’s little. I mostly studied the skeleton and the muscles important for drawing) and the left bunch is perfect ground and mixed with eggs and fried.

A way better shot with the camera (using the wrong lens but the camera is in animal shooting mode, I saw a KINGFISHER, first in my life!!! I didn’t have the camera with me but today it will be different… Hopefully we will see it or at least the usual heron). It’s my Super Fatty Pork Chuck (and it lost so much fat already while roasting), Alvaro was appealed :smiley: But it’s not for him :smiley: It’s around my own limits too… (The 86% fat thingie I love is some wild exception.) But isn’t it pretty? With some bresaola.

Today I had a negative appetite for long too, I didn’t plan to have a lunch but cycling often triggers some hunger. It was gnawing now and it’s a bad combo for my negative appetite… So I had a rich coffee as I can drink even when I can’t eat… It had an egg, an extra yolk and some whipped cream. That did the trick so I had a tiny lunch (boiled egg, heart, quark, little from everything). The bad hunger passed and as I didn’t eat much, hopefully I won’t have a super late meal like yesterday. Pork triggers super long time between meals, not the usual (1-)2-4 hours and that’s not convenient when I eat at 4-5pm for the first time. I must go for OMAD in those cases. Or at least OMAD with a few bites around.

I will prepare the tongue this evening :slight_smile: Well, toss it into a pot with some spice and leave it alone for hours. I am looking forward to trying it afterwards :slight_smile:

I still wonder about my chances. Even coffee starts to get affected. It makes less and less sense to drink it… AND I could use up the whipped cream slowly, nothing of the usual gobbling it up! I am impressed :slight_smile: Food is really not nearly as much on my mind nowadays.
Yesterday was higher-calorie again, not very much, just my normal 2000, I didn’t track it properly yet, not like it’s possible but I try.
I feel a bigger urge to exercise nowadays. Not exactly exercise just walk and cycle, it’s some very easy lil thing… I am not so good with weighlifting yet but I am sure I can solve that if I manage to wake up in time. Not like I don’t have much time before lunch but I do other things. After lunch it’s over, I need my well-fasted taste for strenuous work.

(Karen) #126

What are the eggs sitting on and are they raw yolks? Is the bottom plate a steak and is thr plate large or small? Too many questions lol x

(Karen) #127

Settled for 2 x platefuls of lamb ribs for dinner and very tasty they were too

(Daisy) #128

Hahaha sorry I was not very descriptive! The top picture is fatty, crispy roast topped with raw egg yolks! The bottom was just a burger patty topped with some roasted bone marrow(from that morning roast). It’s a small plate :grinning:

(Daisy) #129

Here were today’s meals. Today is a lean day! Burger patty with psmf bread and raw egg yolks, plus bone broth jello and collagen powder (not pictured). And meal 2 was a burger patty and snow crab legs with a side of protein/collagen water :grinning:
image image image

and KetoDaisy is adding in her beauty meat meal pics again on the thread. Love it!!!

and this adds to all the other great pics we all post! Wonderful seeing how well everyone is eating!

----------I got hungry yesterday.

10 oz NY Strip steak
3 thin cut pork chops
leftover roaster chicken
tin of sardines

and I enjoyed every darn bite of it all :sunny:

and of course me seeing those crab legs in that picture, I NOW want some SO bad :100: I need me a sale on those things and grab up some when I can.

feeling wonderful, wild and wooly and just cruising along with zero carb!

Throw out some names for the August thread everyone if ya think of something snazzy for us to start August with a bang!

I had an OMAD sized lunch… And I ate a lot yesterday too. Oh well.

No photo yet but the slowly cooked tongues covered with paprika, they are just wonderful. But a bit lean so I opened that super fatty thing I like and have no idea how I called it last time… And ate half of it (100g, around 800kcal) together with some lean tongue. Yum. I am almost satiated now. Of course I ate my usual 5 eggs before, fried and together with some leftover heart and I had soup too (2 of the eggs were poached eggs in my soup). And quark.
So I don’t need more food today, theoretically but 3:30pm is a tad early to finish my day. Unless my lunch was really powerful, it’s not impossible but I don’t think I ever could finish my day THIS early… We will see. I am very chill now and a bit lazy but I was lazy before eating as well.

I saw egrets and herons today, I unlocked some Animal Luck perk, I saw a kingfisher 2 days ago, did I mention it? It’s awesome, I never ever… And it’s so, so, so pretty! Egrets are pretty too :wink:

2 days until my birthday. I don’t think I want the chore of baking cakes so I won’t do it unless I get some sudden desire for it. I have ideas but I need at least desire toward baking. Since my very very cake heavy keto times cakes are pretty boring to me. I just like to watch videos where they are made and especially cut in the end :smiley: And not often, I watch way more videos about making egg dishes :smiley:
I won’t eat anything special. Probably pork chuck roast and maybe pancakes… Hard to go astray with them (if that’s the correct expression, I think I forgot it and google didn’t help enough). It’s a day as the others anyway. I am a hedonist, I eat nice things all the time, I don’t need some extra occasion for that. And I clearly won’t eat something special if I don’t desire it.

But we go for a birthday excursion, some mountain hiking a bit farther away. If we will be lucky, we will find some flowers that place is famous for! I started to feel the need for more activity.

does anyone have tips on keeping steak warm after it’s cooked because mine gets cold very quickly after i take it off the pan and onto a plate. and i hate eating cold steak. i also take a long time to eat because i try to eat sequentially so the steak gets even colder.

I warm my plate - that helps.

@daigo1…HI I was wondering where you were at :slight_smile: :slight_smile: glad you popped in!!

ya know for me my meat never has time to get cold truly. I am an ‘inhaler’ cause when I make my food I am hungry and I eat instantly and fast…fast eater here, the type that is done with my big steak before anyone even touches their fork HA

but a warm plate/bowl or whatever truly does help keep the food warm and if it gets too chill for ya…a very fast 20 secs in microwave will give that tad of heat without over cooking, but you have to watch those precious seconds it is in there :wink: just for a fast warmup to make it more enjoyable.

---------------yesterday was 4 nice pork chops…omgosh I love gnawing a bone! I had 4 of them :star_struck:
tin of sardines
last of the frickin’ large roaster chicken meat…holy, that big chicken I cooked lasted way too long :clown_face: glad to see the tail end of it!

hit store for a few things I needed and hit a markdown on pork country spare ribs. Yup…eating those today with a small NY Strip steak later for tonight when hungry again.

Leaving Monday for a camping trip to a state park lake. 3 nights waterfront campsite and I researched a few restaurants in the area, very rural and remote in the boonies and there was not much selection but I hit ‘the wing joint’ with burgers and wings for ‘my snacking eat out time’ and I hit a fab restaurant that has filet mignon and lobster tail…and I got me a $25 off coupon to that restaurant…hey now I am happy…my surf and turf will cost way less so that makes this person eating out at a restaurant very happy. Packing a few small steaks, burgers, hot dogs and sausage and bringing some beef sticks to keep my carnivore lifestyle rolling along easily on this mini vacation.

this is a picture of our campsite…lakefront…bringing the kayaks and fishing rods and floats to enjoy the water…this is just a ‘eat good carnivore’ and ‘relax like a maniac trip!’ :100:

49FE2111-1641-4FEC-96868F7C548D5B7D

just back in the toyhauler, unpack the kayaks and fish rods and have a blast and relax!!! Chillax!! Comatose vacation days HAHA

omg I love a change of scenery and little days away from the norm so this lake trip will float my boat…heehee

Needing an August name for our thread…who is willing to throw one out there :slight_smile:

We did our hiking (found mushrooms despite we searched for flowers. I brought home lots of pebbles though :wink: my actual speed is 10-20 rocks/pebbles per day, I am on a spree now. my rock painting goes better than ever). It wasn’t so long, we got home at 4pm. It’s convenient I can forget about food as it’s a good time to have my first meal!
My appetite was slightly negative but better for some tempting items, too bad I had little tongue left. I ate soup with chicken, eggs and whatever I had, it was enough for now, I still have scrambled eggs with heart, I just don’t want them but hungry me should be happy with it later.
I won’t buy heart for a long time… But tongue is nice.

Here it is. Using a very very common recipe to make tongue, very simple too. Not fully carnivore as it has spices but close enough for me.
My database says tongue is fatty. I feel it’s not very lean but it’s not fatty enough for me. And the tip of the tongue seemed leaner…

We have plans for tomorrow, my birthday probably won’t be keto, after all. We will see. I still need my eggs and meat, especially after today when I eat little meat so tomorrow we visit the village shop. I do have pork in my freezer, sure but not as much as I want so if I find something nice, I will buy it.

And then I go back to my strictest carnivore and it will be nice.

(Edith) #136

You could always splurge on a fajita skillet or other type of cast iron skillet and eat your steak right out of the pan. The skillet will keep its heat for a while.

The wintry weather continues here. This is my local, rural beach yesterday. Billie the Labrador and I get it to ourselves on wild days like this. I drew a bird using seaweed.

I pretty much can feel it the next day when I go off plan. Had dinner with my little brother at a bar in the village last night. Drank pints of soda water. He prefers alcoholic ginger beer. I ordered pork ribs and ate the shredded cabbage that came with it but left the sweet potato chips. He ordered a vegetarian burger. He’s in love with a girl who is a vegan. He also is diabetic.

Yep, @Fangs -y I got done by the sauce again. The BBQ sauce. I wiped off as much as I could. No gut troubles, no heartburn, but I feel hungover this morning with a fuzzy brain, increased tinnitus and some joint aches.

August name anagram question: U-a-guts? There is a “stag” in there (in August). Word play. Carnivore Clarity.

(Karen) #138

Happy birthday @Shinita hope you have a super lovely day , it is my daughters birthday too! Xx

(Karen) #139

I have to say that I don’t like eating steak on a skillet as it tends to keep cooking and becomes over cooked for me. Steak is best taken out of pan and allowed to rest for a few mins before eating. Mostly I leave mine resting while I cook my eggs and bacon in the same pan and thats just enough resting for it to taste delish.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I looked at cake recipes. It’s a very long tradition we broke when I went low-carb, Alvaro always made a specific type of cake for me for my birthday.
Cake recipes are insane. And too complicated, so many things to decide when I obviously can’t bring myself to use the original. Cakes are way too fatty, for one. I don’t think a cake needs any added fat at all, mine usually didn’t have any but cake recipes uses a ton, usually.
Skipping the sugar is obvious, it would taste AWFUL with it too, people are weird…
And flour. Me and flour, that doesn’t work well. I mean, I have serious difficulties to USE flour except when I bake bread for Alvaro. I always bake low-carb cakes for him… Cakes really don’t need much carbs unlike breads so I can’t justify the use…

I was so tired after the hiking, I slept for long and we skipped the village visit. There was rain anyway. Now it’s hot.
I have a slice of pork in my freezer if my other food (mostly eggs, of course) won’t be enough (I better get it out, it wouldn’t end well without some proper meat. the little heart in my scrambled eggs isn’t enough. I still didn’t eat that, just partially).

And then I go strict. With IF too. I really need to lose fat (I don’t fit well my favorite summer pants. I use some comfy thing but it’s not as pretty! and anyway, it’s high time already) and convenience is important as well.
I make strict Mondays, that day is the best for it. Fast if possible but I doubt I could pull it off… Still, I wait for some proper hunger and avoid even dairy (except a few drops of cream in my coffee if I must but I only want it with my meal, not all day)… I like when I have a bit different days anyway… I can’t be always strict but I can do it occasionally and it’s forming a good habit if I do it regularly. Sometimes I get loose and being in that state for several days in row isn’t ideal. Yeah, I don’t go too wild anymore but still. I need my stricter times.
I keep my dairy on the other days, I have my limits and I am still so much in love with sour cream. I am pleased I am very used to keeping my consumption quite low. I almost never eat cheese, though. And with more meat I could make more changes. But dairy is fine in small amounts. I just don’t want to depend on it. Egg and meat are the two big pillars in my woe.

A strict August sounds good too. My garden barely produces any fruits in that month (while it had MANY kinds in July), I can pull it off then. Ice cream doesn’t interest me since ages. Normal one doesn’t since a decade (it’s so lacking, not nearly fatty enough! mine is way better) and mine has the single tiny role to provide variety when I am particularly choosy but I have easier to make, better things for that.

So I try to get used to stricter times again, without forcing myself, of course. It will be good.
I will talk about non-carni things way less too, I hope…
My supplies are fine, Monday will be mostly about eggs and fasting, I roast the next big slab of pork on Tuesday but I can grab that super fatty pork thing in a pinch. That’s very very useful. It’s not nice if I am hungry and have no proper food. And while it’s not proper meat (and Alvaro think it’s not even meat… it looks like meat at some parts and it has 3g protein per 100g, it’s kinda meat, just very fatty :D), it’s very satiating.

So these are my plans for the rest of July, getting back to a stricter but even more enjoyable style. My end goal is harmony between my inner selves or whatever pulls me in directions. Sometimes one of them runs into a not so good direction and that’s bad. I should be a true hedonist, doing whatever is best for me (at least roughly) and that’s ONE thing. It goes well, I am way better than a year ago.