Epic Carnivore July-a-ganza

(Edith) #61

The meat close to the bone is always the tastiest. :yum:

(Karen) #62

:astonished::astonished: that looks horrendous. I hope hubby is okay and not feeling the after effects of the accident. What a horrible start to his new job.

@Azi, super happy for him and you :slight_smile: but yea he needs to ‘watch himself’ cause that wreck in that pic was a body jolt from hell truly, wow but hoping all is good for him! Plus you did great…I am the same, not a stress eater and I would do the same…mindset says you want you must eat meat or seafood or cheese LOL but that took alot of time to slam into my brain but it sounds like you are in a great mindset truly. Loving that for you!!

@VirginiaEdie, I bet that was your immune system just crashing. Big med issues means big body reactions ya know. I think that is one thing we do get from our way of life in that while we might crash the immune system and mental issues that go along with that stress, we do ‘go down’ more and I am like you, other than allergies I don’t ‘go down’ but if I am put into a limit of crazy and more physical issues, I know I could go down just like you did…but we also recover faster I believe!

I am rural. I can’t walk or bike a road for fear of my life, some truck or farmer equipment might run me over LOL but old days, when there was so little traffic on roads I could ride my horses all around easily, NOW I wouldn’t put a horse on these roads for nothing! You are lucky you got that ‘good path’ to enjoy and all, use it all you can!!

I SO WISH the USA put ALL roads with a 6 ft pedestrian, bike, horse, or whatever side lane but that never went down but darn I wish it LOL

People in cities…we see the ‘better walking around’ but think about ALL those apartments where other’s never are seen…fast food ordered for delivery…hoarders living their existence and more…SO MUCH is SO not seen. Kinda wild in it all…the hidden are out there in full force.
We see the thinner, stressed versions LOL but what is hidden in those thousands and thousands of tiny apartments, hmm…

(Karen) #64

I feel very fortunate to live where I do. I have access to 2 cities within 20 mins albeit I shop in them very often, I have regular buses that stop outside my house every 5 mins to both and trams to one. I live in between 3 local towns which are all just minutes away and I also can enjoy the nature reserve which is on my doorstep. Sometimes I have to just be thankful for what I have in my locality. I feel for some of you on here who don’t have access to local shops though I suspect your areas are a lot quieter than mine. Living on a busy main road has its drawbacks!

Felt very low energy this morning, didnt eat any beef yesterday! When will I learn? Only just talking about it a couple of days ago! Stair runs were hard and just a plod this morning and wasn’t sure whether i would have much energy at CrossFit but strength and energy showed up from somewhere and I had a good session.

Got home and workman blocked my drive, how rude? One beep and they cleared their pipe and bollards for me to drive through. 2 weeks of disruption while they update the lights. Nothing wrong with them why fix whats not broken? They could sort out the flooding aspect of the road instead cos that is a problem that I have reported numerous times!

Brunch was sauted chicken n melted cheese followed by some cheddar.
Dinner was one and a half frying steaks and lamb chops and was delish. A bit of blue stilton and some ham trimmings.

Don’t think I posted yesterdays pics same brunch as today and dinner was a plate of lamb chops.

Are the game sausages called drovoors or drovos?

We have South African friends who make us biltong. We exchange it for fresh seasonal fruit. The fresh fruit comes via my wife teaching yoga to some people who planted too many trees in an orchard. The biltong sometimes has seeds on it or in it. They may be caraway seeds or celery seeds. These friends even make biltong for our Labrador, which we use for training.

Biltong tastes and chews so much better than beef jerky which is often heat cursed with sugar. I typed ‘cured’ but the robot in the machine said ‘cursed’ and that works better.

Oh I will survive, it’s not like I do proper carnivore lately even when I have meat… But it helps tremendously indeed. And my off things are due to certain occasional circumstances. I lost a big part of my food addiction and stupid compulsions lately, I imagine I would do so great with more meat. But it will be fine, I can buy A LOT of meat on Saturday, I have plenty of freezer space now! It’s really the odd city-less months that was the problem and last time we didn’t even visit the supermarket with the huge meat slabs. And when Alvaro went shopping to supermarkets, he had tiny space, I wasn’t there and it was hot summer on a longish bicycle ride so buying a bunch of fresh meat wasn’t an option (and they don’t have what the hypermarket has and I really hate huge amounts of plastic for a little thing. the hypermarket always have 3-5 kg slabs on sale and they always are fresh enough and taste good). And the village shops has their problems. When I bought chuck last time, 1.6kg (a bit more than 3 pounds) was ALL they had. Freshness is a problem too even if I don’t feel it on the end result. So I go wild in the hypermarket next time. Maybe I buy ribs too, I miss having lard. I use very little added fat but I still need some here and there. But maybe I will go to the pig farm shop and simply buy lard again. But it’s such a big box for me, it lasts almost forever, I am worrying it goes bad, I don’t have so much space in my fridge.

The minifreezer thing is off, the one with the freezer who would give it to Alvaro’s Mom (so her current minifreezer could be ours) changed her mind. No problem, eventually we need another fridge anyway and it will have a way bigger freezer than this one. And a bigger fridge part too. How can 2 persons need a huge fridge I don’t know (even now that we barely keep vegetables inside, we almost ever drink milk or eat yogurt, never keep eggs or much fruit in it etc.) but we do. Well we buy ingredients and make our food and we eat much and not super simple, maybe that’s why. And we go for a big shopping quite rarely so we tend to have a lot of almost everything.

So now I just need the big shopping and it will be fine. I do whatever I can until now. Butcher visit isn’t good for Alvaro tomorrow (theoretically I could go alone but I don’t want to) and I could make chicken with some other, non-animal stuff but he doesn’t need it yet while I need the meat part only… I guess I just visit the village shop next morning. It would be super hard without it. I love challenges but why should I make my life hard (or rather set myself to fail)?
Sometimes I try too hard. But I learn :slight_smile:
If I don’t find nice meat, I buy liver, that helps something.

Mmmm, I would like to try them :smiley:
I don’t even have my normal sausages since several days, not like it was a problem as long as I had fresh meat… Sausages has a smaller roles in my life now but they are still nice when good.

Wild game is lean, is much extra fat added I wonder? I don’t know if lean sausages exist at all, our sausages are very fatty (way, way fattier than the fatty pork I normally eat). I probably wouldn’t like to eat more than a slice alone, they are perfect with boiled eggs though, a little at a time.

Oh, egg shells are so colorful :smiley: I can’t get bored with it. And these are just colors, shapes and patterns (some are full with dots) are interesting too. Some weeks ago I found an almost completely spherical one! And some time before that I have found a tiny full egg in a bigger one…

Today wasn’t perfect, I blame the lack of pork, I couldn’t go to the village.
It started fine, I was satiated until around 5pm, then ate some eggs, later my salmon deviled eggs… But of course I got hungry again… I ate almost all the chicken and it helped absolutely nothing, I just got hungrier. So I ate many pancakes and not carnivore ones as I hadn’t good options and mood for that. I was so unwell anyway, headache since 2 days… Still quite low-carb and I feel fine but I had 3 meals in a maybe 3 hour window, it’s not convenient for me. It’s not only about the eggs, I was unwell, too hot, drank a ton of water and had a negative or zero appetite. Zero is good but I need good tempting food to have big meals then. Fatty meat is perfect as it can give me the right amount of hunger and appetite (and joy) but it’s satiating too. Not too little, not too much. Great for days when I only need a single bigger meal (with or without tiny ones).

I am looking forward to bring back food from the city, I will make experiments again. It’s time to forget about eating 3-5 eggs before my meat (it made sense. meat is more tempting so I can eat it when I am already half-satiated. simple eggs are great when I am hungry. and I usually need both for a substantial meal, both are boring alone except when I am very much into meat at the moment. or eggs but meat works a bit better alone, I don’t need to use many different dishes to eat enough. okay, I probably could just eat zillion pancakes too… but that would be overeating as pancakes aren’t so very satiating to me. but I don’t know, never tried).

My birthday gets near. Maybe I make a proper cake, I saw a very low-carb recipe. But it’s not carnivore just close. I could eat zillion pancakes after some nice meat soup and that would be carnivore.
Nope, I surely want more meat than that. We will see.
Beef leg won’t be on sale on Saturday so I won’t buy that. IDK how many months passed since I ate ruminant meat but I can go forever like that, I just prefer not to if possible. But maybe we find something in the hypermarket. We have so much spared money and a birthday and whatnot, we can buy some luxury item once… We must think of it as we got extremely good at not spending money on anything that’s not vital. (Except when I eat too much or something unneeded and not even good for me… Sigh.)
I almost miss mutton, I have so nice memories but I forgot the actual taste already.
I already love my meat but variety is welcomed. I always liked to eat even slightly inferior things (according to my taste buds, not its healthiness) now and then, for variety.

Indeed!
I just don’t understand why I totally loved pork ribs as a kid (and Mom only made it once a year! we had boring chicken every Sunday), to the point that I never forgot the feeling despite decades as a vegetarian or almost vegetarian… and why I find it lacking now, just some weird combo of fat and dry meat… What could have changed? I still want to give it another chance.

I looked at supermarket ad papers again as always when we finally visit the city again… They still do this “we will tell you how to eat” things. Now they are all about eating veggies and fruits. And carrot for making vitamin A. I get my proper vitamin A from animal sources, thank you very much. Carrots are expensive now here, I could buy meat with that money, meat that isn’t too sweet unlike carrots… Vegetables are odd to me now, all that money for water and a tiny bit else? It may be worth for a tiny bit here and there but using them galore as we did for decades? How silly. They don’t even helps with my hunger, in the contrary…
Of course, people are different, Alvaro still uses a bunch sometimes but he is very fine with the occasional vegetable dish. He doesn’t use vegetables to get satiated either, they are very bad at it as they are very low-calorie. Just some kind of expensive stuff for fun? And they need so much work except the ones just grabbed and eaten raw. It’s so convenient I stopped cooking them all the time. But I had fun while it lasted. And inconvenience, yeah. Swapping them for meat was a fine idea :smiley:
Today I put a lot of vegetables and mushroom under the chicken (as I had no pork and the chicken leg was tiny compared the oven pan). Alvaro will like that. I just need to buy and roast more meat, I only left a few tiny bites and all the veggies and mushrooms, even Alvaro doesn’t like this ratio :smiley:

OH, big news! We start the choir again, we meet tomorrow!!! Oh my I probably can’t even sing anymore, I never practiced! Still, yay.

My night eating disappeared lately (maybe I had it once but only because I didn’t eat well during the day, something like that). I really lost a big part of my food addiction, my hunger is very rare and tiny… I just need to eat the right things with an even better timing and maybe I will start to lose fat, finally… It will be convenient too. But I have no problems with that nowadays. Multiple smaller meals sometimes but nothing really annoying. I am hopeful but no way I expect losing even a pound this year, I am the stalling type. (Well I totally hope to lose a lot but I am a huge optimist and have this attitude since a decade and only gained in the last years but usually stalled. Okay, I lost 1 kg when I had 2 carnivore weeks with barely any proper meat and ate little… Extreme case.)

I basically want just survive this heat. We usually only have two such weeks per summer!!! In August.
And I want to draw great stuff, KetoKoala (Amy) and I have big plans!

(Vic) #67

I asked him, its called Droaworst.
It means “dry sausage”
South african language originated in old Dutch and is remarkably similar to my native tongue, Flemish. I can understand most of it.

(Amy the Silly Sausage 🌭) #68

Hi Guys, I thought I would drop in. I’ve been struggling a little with depression but I’m ok. I saw a psychic and had a reading done last Friday. She offered to help me to gain self confidence free of charge, so I’ll ring her next week and see what happens. I don’t want her to help me for free, so I’m gonna at least offer her SOME money. She was very accurate with everything she said. I got the AstraZeneca vaccine today, I am still going strong with keto. Got pork and ham for tonight. I know I don’t come on here much. Hope your all well.:heart:

ahh too bad I was kinda thinking that was gonna go down for you.

good thing is when you need to buy again, you got real intentions in mind for the size you need next…best to scrimp up and buy that size to set you up with a good freezer section and be done with it…hope you can buy sooner than later and change that issue out for you guys!!!

@KetoKoala
hey B!!! Sorry you are still fighting some issues but you will be ok cause you got good support around you and you keep asking for help and more as you need it! Plus eat well…always eat well cause good food puts us in good form and it can truly help our bodies!!!
Pork and ham is a great plate of food, eat up :slight_smile: You will be fine, you hold strong B!

@Azi, hope all is hubby ok and everyone is well!

@Karen18 I love your pics, you post all you want and I am SO used to seeing your plates now…I love those poppin’ blue daisy plates!

------------SO I AM ZC good but I find my mind wondering. Like last night I coulda killed someone for a big tub of popcorn. WTH? I was out doing pool work and ALL of the sudden I stopped, could literally ‘taste popcorn’ and pictured a monster sized movie tub of it and thought…Come on WTF? It hit me hard and weird. Like just a vivid and real taste, real smell, real action to eat it…I even thought of getting in the car and going to buy some…again WTH? Well needless to say I TALKED me right out of this stupidity but darn when some crazy thoughts go down it is like so strange cause I am so long zc ya know…but it seems so vivid and real?? I don’t know. Just a nutcase some rare times :slight_smile: AND I thought if I drive for popcorn from the store, then I am gonna pick up my personal fav ice cream also, since well if I go off plan and eat crap popcorn, why not go all in and eat ice cream too! What kind of crazy thinking is just that? I have no clue on the mental stuff that triggers this stupid stuff! ugh

but of course I wasn’t driving any where for any carbs LOL
Thank goodness I have none of this stuff in the house!

My carby family eats way diff stuff than I used to and while we do overlap on what I love and they love sometimes, I make sure I buy the other crap they love and I hate…so I won’t touch that junk and they are happy so win win on how I buy for them and me so far :slight_smile:

sigh
I don’t know :crazy_face:

today I got 2 big cheeseburger patties.
I bought these ‘chuck brisket’ patties at the beach and froze a pack and brought home…they are so great but a tad pricey but darn great taste…will search if stores sell here.

got me a smaller Tbone for second meal.

Holding my own and doing ok with bouts of maybe stupid in between but I hold strong cause I know how I feel on this way of life…I ain’t ever going back so worth a tad of crazy every now and then in my days to just stay put and enjoy my meats, seafood, fish and fowl all I want :slight_smile: Now I got a hankering for seafood…hmmm

(Amy the Silly Sausage 🌭) #70

@Fangs Thanks Fangsy… since getting the jab I realised tonight when I ate that I have disgusting metallic rotton blood taste in my mouth whenever I eat things, especially protein.:sob: I thought my meat and cheese was off but I looked it up and it’s a rare vaccine sideeffect. I almost gagged eating so I hope it goes away soon.:scream: As for the popcorn… LOL. I get it. I sometimes see a MacDonald’s ad on TV and think I want an icecream sundae with hot fudge.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: then the craving goes away.:upside_down_face: I’m glad you could ride out the cravings… I never was a much if a popcorn person… but I crave Ben and Jerry’s icecream from time to time. I just don’t eat it. Ok, I have caved in to eating the keto chocolate icecream a few times… but it is rare.
( and damn expensive) :scream: I am a tad too restrictive though… I am good compared to the past but it’s hard to let go of old eating disorder habits… I just should chill a bit. But after tonight with these taste buds, I am SO turned off cheese. Yuck. It was just :nauseated_face:. I haven’t had a t bone for months… I just been eating pork, ground beef and ham mostly. I am a very boring cook.:upside_down_face: Glad you resisted the popcorn… you got this.:wink::heart:

thanks B…I guess it boils down to what do we want outta life and what are you willing to do for it :slight_smile: I am more into doing what I require than pretending and excusing it off to not get the results and health I want :slight_smile:
took me a long time to get here tho LOL

Yea with your shot your taste can easily be off…you hold strong…you should clear and be ok and all your protein/cheese and eating will come back to what you love. If you need some chicken legs go get some…chicken is that ‘easy tastin’ trouble free’ kinda thing and maybe that will be ok for you??? Hope your pork and ham are cool for you today!

and you get your butt to the store and buy up some beef steaks! but wait til your shot goes thru and you got good taste buds now HA

If you are a boring cook then so am I…I eat the same darn thing over and over and I actually like it cause I am not a cook in the kitchen so it suits me. It is ok to be a boring cook if it fits us :wink:

The last two days have been busy work days.

So I coffee fast.

I have a coffee without dairy on the way to work. Then I eat baked beef ribs at night and French Brie cheese.

During the afternoon I am high and charging on elevated blood ketones.

But that’s enough for two days. I’ll get back to bacon and eggs afternoon breakfast tomorrow probably.

I used to worry about what to eat at work. So, I don’t eat. It was an elegant solution. I do get hungry. But that usually happens as I see or smell dinner.

well this is key for many of us.

thing is if you found ‘your coffee pattern’ and it suits you and you hold well…then it ‘just suits you’ but what I found was when I ate 2-3 sausage patties in the very early AM on vacay, I ate way less or even not cared about food at that point in my day further to a level ‘of need’ or ‘desire’ and now I AM re-thinking my NO breakfast ever life…but yea I don’t do coffee either so? But that is ME about a maybe Auggie challenge next month :clown_face:

it is fine YOU HIT your ZC zone and that is one of the most best places any of us can but remember one thing, WHEN you feel any change, that hunger to change your pattern always listen…might not be now or any time soon, but always stay in true tune of what your body is asking…cause I was just like you and most of us carnis are just that…we hit a comfort zone that is so fab it is crazy, then that wild day comes we eat off pattern and ‘think maybe we should not’ but don’t listen to that part…it is imperative you eat as you need and change as the body demands and most times, we hit that a tad and go right back to our normal pattern.

ok this is not a doom or gloom post from me HAHA it is just a phase I went thru and our carni phases absolutely mirror our lives as we heal and change nutritionally but when it asks for more, or something different and instinctilvely you know it wants that, be open to that change :slight_smile: So just some thoughts and never a ‘what if’ cause you are in great zone!!! One thing we all love but be open is all I am saying and when it goes down, you eat up as you need :wink:

but that is a very personal timeline for each of us but just sayin’ it can come and hit you so be aware and be open to fast change our our energy and more comes into play for us all…so that is just some longer term carni issues that hit alot of us…just some thoughts about knowing how it goes down as I experienced and many other longer term zc’ers definitely walked thru and chatted about…:slight_smile:

(Linda ) #74

Yeah my husband seems to be ok I really haven’t had a chance to sit down and really talk to him…he is in class from 8 to 5 then he has a home work study group he goes to and then between breaks he trying to sort out insurance.
The accident was a good 15 /18 hours away from Nebraska and he has gear in the truck he would like to get back .
The rv: insurance went to check yesterday they going to move it from towing yard to a repair place because they want it checked out more throughly one of the doors won’t lock and there is no front jack anymore to stabilize it…so that’s also going to be 15/18 hour drive to pick that up as well…

Food I’m trying to get a handle on so I’m playing around with adding eggs with my flanken ribs
I’m too scared at the moment to step on the scale cos I’m scared it willsend me into panic mode of I’m gaining I gotta stop eating…
But this morning I cooked two flanken ribs 2 pieces of bacon and two eggs…I ate 1.5 flanken ribs 2 eggs and gave the dogs the bacon…
So maybe things will start turning around again I have been waiting for that adaption where suddenly your not hungry like on keto…so far I have been in I’m hungry twice a day and occassionally 3 times a day …

(Karen) #75

Yesterday brunch and dinner

20210714_175312
Ate 2 plateful of lamb chops!

Did the stair runs and another hard CF session… popped over to see my dance partner and he was feeling much better after his tumble on Friday. He was even talking about going dancing on Friday… for 84 he is a real inspiration.

This morning i felt really tired. Another hot night and restless and just felt I needed another hour in bed. I cancelled the CF class and the extra hour was definitely what the doctor ordered. Got up did my stair runs and went straight out the back to do a couple of hours of weeding and bramble pulling … roll on September lol.

Brunch was the last of the lamb chops, 3 good sized ones. They were so very tasty. I do love lamb … and beef of course.

Dinner was 227g ribeye steak 4 rashers of bacon and 2 fried eggs. Funny I used to love runny eggs but actually prefer them a little more set now. Followed that with some blue stilton.

Back to work tomorrow after my 3 weeks off. Where did that time go? I have been feeling a bit of anxiety past few days and have been conscious of counting those days down! Things change on a daily basis at work but I have seen on my online work diary that I am in the video link during the day and in reception for the evening shift. Long day ahead … not really what you want to go back to after 3 week off! Early night for me … up at 4.45am uhhhh :persevere:

(Edith) #76

My son, who may be more of a dietary fanatic than I am at the moment, was listening to a podcast. It may have been Peak Human. The host mentioned that when you crave something nutritious, it’s most likely your body talking. When you crave junk, it’s mostly likely the undesirable members of your microbiome talking.

I know you’ve been carnivore a long time, so maybe your microbiome is completely carnivore, too. But my son had an interesting anecdote. He goes back and forth between keto and carnivore. He’s noticed that a few days into carnivore, he starts having dreams about eating sweets, the type of sweets he never eats. He thinks it’s the part of his microbiome that processes carbs starting to stress and sending signals that he needs to eat more carbs to feed them. It’s happened to him every time he has made the switch.

There are stories in nature where an animal gets infected with a parasite and the parasite changes the animal’s behavior, not usually in a way that is beneficial to the animal. Why can’t our microbiome hold some sort of power over us? :woman_shrugging: It’s definitely an interesting idea.

@Azi yea the ins. and all takes time along with repairs, but the nice thing is this whole incident will be in the past and out of your hair :slight_smile: just keep thinking that LOL

I feel you wanting ‘that flip’ cause I ate big for a long time before I flipped into just wanting less food…just go by your gut…eat when you feel you need it and like those days you overcook it, feed the dogs or stick in fridge and just don’t eat if you don’t want it…you are right there ya know…finding that new eating pattern etc. that will be your best friend and your known pattern, but we all have to take time for that to hit and your time will show up for you :slight_smile:

@Karen18
WOW that was a fast 3 weeks and you are now going back soon? Darn…feel for you :slight_smile: I know you are flirting with retirement time coming right? Are you in that zone yet of really wanting to retire yet? Or is work something you still want in your life?

@VirginiaEdie, yea I find all that stuff interesting but I don’t think it fits me in a way cause I don’t jump back and forth thru keto ya know…if I did yes I would be dreaming about ‘my keto eating times’ vs. my carnivore eating days LOL

I really am one VE that can’t have carbs! I can’t even pretend to have them in a craving in that if I carb slide back I will gain everything back, become sluggy again and joints hurt and brain fog and more…and I am one who can slide back…been there done that LOL

I think I know what it is…I am having a few rum drinks in my pool.
I just didn’t bother writing them down on my meal days in my posts, kinda like that who cares mute point for me but I think that is now the culprit.

I float around and drink one but I am using a sugar free low amt of crap powder drink in water just to give an edge of taste against the rum…I don’t do fake sweeteners ever but for my rum drink I cave a tiny bit. But in summer I want a darn rum drink so I wiggle room a 1/4 teaspoon of this fake raspberry powder crap into a ton of water and rum and I like it just enough to drink it and enjoy…sometimes I do a fake sweetened lemonade flavor in water…but I control it down to the bare minimal littlest tiny bit in water for a ‘decent taste’ I like…but see…I realized this is getting me…I think the fake sweetener is jacking me up and I use SO little ya know…but I think with me being on ‘summer fun party pool time’ and vacations around me, my little rum drinks are starting to take a toll on me.

I thought and thought WHAT am I doing different in that way that could be making me a bit wonky on plan ya know…never, duh, like a dullard I am LOL thinking it could be my little rum drinks but yea…I have to say I have to put it to that darn it.

I used to drink alot of options on booze and beer…I drank big in the old party days :slight_smile: but now I drink only 1 thing…rum. And that I am kinda close to giving up probably for life but the only thing is…rum is all I want and I hate a straight shot of it…and with no other alcohol options left it is kinda like…damn…this is it…you drop your little summer party fun vacation rum drinks and you got nothing left…nothing you like in the booze world…and while that is cool ya know…I don’t know, I kinda still want my bit of darn booze every now and then :slight_smile: As an option but I guess that is an old dinosaur thought to be keeping for myself. Going to no booze would be ok I guess easily since I darn near am there anyway being older now, that partying up a bit doesn’t draw me, but every now and then…thing is I did this last year and the year before…my little rum drinks in summer. Winter I never drink :slight_smile: I am a summer rum drink person in my pool and on vacation LOL Winter I shut all booze down cause I got no draw for it.

Maybe with being all these years on carnivore my little summer rum drinks are now effecting me since I have been longer on plan…in other words the fake sweetener, even a smidge, and the rum in my body is now saying NO…not any more? Your body is so over this and won’t process it anymore so be smart and not stupid here? :wink:

Darn – is it a time of change for me on my little rum drink? Dammit HAHA

But I know one thing about me, I best listen to what my body is telling me because I am a slippery slope person. Always have been with any sugar in my body, I get a taste of it and whammo and I am over most of my old dieting bad baggage issues on this way of life, but darn if some don’t linger ya know and my mind can get tangled up in ‘dieting panic mode’ sometimes. But that less now for me thank goodness…I can now think more about things and what little changes I am making vs. not knowing what is going on…cause I eat so tight…but I just did 2 weeks vacay where I sampled a forkful of this and that and a spoon taste of whatever and I did up some rum drinks…now at home I am doing some rum drinks with my pool goof off time and I think my mind is saying…GO CARBS! fake sweetener, even tho a little, vacation time where I did good, but tasted a tad of crap and add in my rum…I SEE WHAT is going down for me.

OK…so I see it and will correct it.

I KNOW THIS IS A RAMBLE of epic thoughts here and I appreciate you guys trying to read thru the crazy of me :sunny: but darn ijust writing out all sorts of crap about me and what is a tad off and more makes me come to big realizations and puts me back on the right path… so hope everyone’s ears ain’t falling off by now and you ain’t rolling your eyes up HAHA

I know I mentioned drinking up some rum drinks in my post but never bothered saying…yea I drank 2 rum drinks in the pool along with eating my NY Strip steak and pork tenderloin ya know so you guys wouldn’t even have figured out what was doing with me cause I just didn’t bother including it in my meal post…but if I did write 2 rum drinks you guys would have jumped right on my problem and say HEY KAREN…duh wake up here, that darn alcohol is your issue!!

sorry for the longest ramble of useless info for you guys but I think I see me here and will correct. Cause I tell ya I can’t take hardcore cravings anymore, I am like too darn old for that crap, so over dieting, so over ‘fighting for my way of life and health’ that it best I nip the rum drinks in the bud and say done deal…I will have to listen to the ol’ body and follow it and when I go off my summer pool rum drink then I will report back if I ‘feel off’ in any way again ya know.

And in a bit I am off to the pool to swim and goof off in this big sun, very hot day and relax WITH NO rum drink in my hand but I do have a fab NY Strip steak to eat and tonight I am doing 2 chicken breasts in alfredo sauce with some fresh grated parm cheese…yes I got an alfredo sauce hankering and I am gonna quell that. Haven’t made fresh alfredo in a bit but I sure want it now.

I know I got some crazy in me with ‘dieting and lifestyle’ and life in general on my vacations, etc…sometimes just chatting it out makes me aware and I am aware right now. Some small darn changes that seem normal to us and ones we did OK with can change up on us and make us have new reactions…so bob and weave, bob and weave and adapt thru life I guess :clown_face:

Bacon and eggs for breakfast and dinner. Back to rural. Winter continues cold and windy.

rural is where you love to be :slight_smile: I feel you on that.

(Linda ) #80

@Fangs maybe you could add a touch of cream to your rum…not artificial sweetner