Epic Carnivore July-a-ganza

(Vic) #41

Office lunch was yummy, 50% of those steaks were fat.

Hired a big villa for me and my team, found a good cook. We are settled with carnivore breakfast and dinner as well now for the next few weeks.

À friend from South Africa is joining my team tomorrow, he is a hunter and usually brings home made biltong, looking forward to that, best in the world.

@Carnivoor, you set you and your team up real good…can’t wait to see what pics Cooky makes for you :slight_smile:

@Azi…so happy your hubby is doing so well! But yea, you are held until that pool is handled, must be frustrating, even I kinda thought it would be almost done by now LOL

@Karen18, yea beef is my must have…I can go ‘a tad’ without some but then I feel big energy wane down so I know it has to be part of my life all the time. Beef is key for almost all of us carnivores, without it we can flag down, so you eat up :slight_smile: Ohhh bet your daughter did love her new firepit…those things are so cool~!

-------simple day here
goof off in pool, clear and ready to swim WEE
hot sunny day, love it, it is ALL ME :slight_smile:
few usual chores but I cooked up a few country style pork ribs to gnaw on later and I got a nice Tbone steak for second meal. Woke up not too hungry so focus is on having a chillax day and relax and goof off and just eat what I want when I want thru the day, won’t be much tho cause my focus is outside and pool today. Got my float ready LOL

Yeah, Alvaro said he is actually fine with eggs only… But we had chicken to share so he ate that. But all the super tiny pork is for me. It has chewy parts, only fit for the cats. So it’s even less I thought. Oh well. I opened a salmon spread (some carbs but I use a little and I can handle it well), it goes well with my kind of light pancakes. I have no idea what others use yogurt for, it’s like water to me BUT it works in my pancakes instead of sour cream! I eat more than enough fat already.
(I eat my sour cream too just separately, it’s more enjoyable that way.)

I lost my full satiation before 1pm and Alvaro had lunch so I ate a bit too. Then Amy showed me her meal and I got a tad hungry (it’s barely past 2pm)… It’s very hard to split my food (not like it’s a fixed amount, it’s not, I don’t even track) into two, I often get too tiny meals to satiate me or I eat too much. Yeah, perfect food probably would solve this but I need much more fatty meat for that. Only that satiates me well enough (with a bunch of eggs). I can get satiated with anything (except insane styles I never did. I almost always ate high-protein and high-fat) but I don’t want to eat a ton to reach that and I wish to feel right. And I need some meatier extreme low-carb without much dairy or added fat for that, I know that. Pancakes all the time, that’s plan B and only works well under special circumstances like OMAD. But they are good and never boring :slight_smile: I could eat them for each and every meal for many months or possibly years, maybe decades…

Appetite doesn’t do anything to my eating. Only negative appetite (I don’t eat then, no matter how super hungry, weak, dizzy I am. it’s basic rule, I can’t eat with a negative appetite. but strong hunger slowly raises my appetite so it eventually reaches zero and I can eat a ton with zero) but that never lasts long, not even when I am not very hungry either.

I still eat a bit too much every day. I try to change that in the near future. As I definitely won’t give up my less ideal items like sour cream… But I eat so little of it, it can’t be the problem alone… Well yeah, I eat lots of cream too… I try to keep it in check though… But things get added up and it doesn’t satiate me. I try to wait for hunger again. Why is that so very hard, I don’t know. Sometimes I can do it just fine. Yeah, when Alvaro isn’t at home. It’s zillion times easier home alone. Why am I like this? I often find it the easiest thing ever not to eat while sitting with Alvaro at lunch but I need perfect satiation for it and I don’t always have that at 3pm.

I try to solve problems in my life now so I will focus on these things a bit more. I liked eating late, it was so convenient and perfect. I don’t even care if I eat much on OMAD, it should be fine. It’s not like I actually can eat truly big meals without bad food choices and the bigger my meals, the better, longer my satiation… I never was good with small meals.

So, good timing and as close to carnivore as possible. Tomorrow I go to the town, we will see what the butcher has (I want tongue and heart!). I still have some chicken too.

And exercise. I still have too little and it’s not THAT hot now. But it will come back, Alv says. Sigh. The butcher visit is 16 km cycling, little but something :wink: I do my little walks but that’s not enough. Garden work isn’t really exercise but I am outside, it feels nice when it’s not 36+ Celsius…

I should resume my weightlifting, I was so unwell in the heat lately and stopped. I want a bit bigger muscles. Not like they will be visible under all that fat but at least something should get better.

But eating is pretty chill now, I don’t feel the old compulsions, I have my pattern, food is never boring… I just get tempted sometimes when Alv has something interesting and I don’t have enough proper meat (rarely, his dishes are usually too carby and not interesting at all for me. he doesn’t even put eggs into everything. he usually mixes carbs with carbs, definitely not my style, not even my tastebuds like that). I will go wild in the hypermarket on Saturday I think… I defrosted(?) the freezer and I have so, so much space for meat now! And while we usually go to the city every month, we have unusual times, sometimes we don’t visit the hypermarket (with the huge pork slabs with as little plastic as possible)… So better be prepared as the village shop is often lacking at freshness - variety too but I am fine with multiple pork cuts. I start to miss turkey though. And the butcher is way more expensive and the organs aren’t always fresh (unlike the normal meat), that’s why I never know if I can buy some. Tongue isn’t even always available.

I write too much about these, grrrr. I probably wrote all of this already before.

No that was a good write on your post S cause you ‘are finding you on carnivore’ and how your appetite flips around, how your day goes and how you need to eat and more…your bigger posts questioning how you split food and what you have to eat and more is very important to you personally and I did just that…I wrote big long posts about changes/this and that/how food effected me and more and WE COME to BIG realizations thru typing out our what if questions about ourselves SO YOU are doing a good thing for yourself :slight_smile: You keep doing just that.

your tinned salmon spread with a few carbs…pffft mean nothing…it satisfies you, ya like it, keeps you on plan etc so that is an ok product to use if it suits you so well…so never discount a few carbs ever in a good meat/fish product you enjoy and do great on!!!

I also have said a million times…if the family was not here, if I got rid of the hubby and the kiddo I would be SO set in my food LOL It truly can grate on one’s nerves when a carnivore eats so different and WE require the meat yet the family wants it too :slight_smile: but they eat other stuff too so it is like it ain’t fair HAHA but we all work around that best we can and when in doubt about your meat amt etc with the other people in the family, things like tins of salmon spread and more become important…like I got tuna and sardines galore in my pantry…they are a go to when I am in doubt ya know so you DO YOU just as you need.

Sounds to me you are finding Carnivore Shinita in all this and that is a great discovery! Good post.

(Linda ) #45

Well today started off stressful got a phone call at 5.30am from my husband he totalled the truck and damaged the rv…

He was in Georgia on the free way said he came over the top of the crest of a hill when the truck started screaming break at him but before he could break he hit a truck hauling a car- hauling trailer at 65 miles ph…

He said to him the vechile was stopped in the slow lane of the freeway… and he did not see any lights but because he hit it auto ticket for following too close.

So he had to grab a rental to continue on to nebraska…

So yup with all that going on the only non crazy thing is my food haha still carnivore flanken ribs and eggs…

@Azi, ohhh geez that is one scary azz picture.

wow …you mentioned no medical issues so I take he is OK? I bet he will be so sore tomorrow and I truly hope he has no issues!!!

So sorry this happened! Sending good vibes for all of it to be handled ok and for him to be safe!

(Vic) #47

Cooky made shrimps and steak

(Vic) #48

Happy yourr man is ok. Trucks can be replaced.

Yuck! Back in the city. Ugh, the noise of the suburbs. Listened to Peak Human podcast on the 3 hour drive and they talked about how people weren’t meant to live in cities, as city life is driven by stress. That leads to chronic stress and hormonal exhaustion, weight gain or weight loss plateaus, and metabolic disease and heart attacks.

Breakfast at a cafe. Nice coffee. Eggs x 3, chorizo, mushroom, bacon (not enough), butter. But had to leave the toast, tomato, hash brown on the plate. Not sure of the cooking oil used, but it was not butter or tallow. I didn’t even share it with the Labrador who was drooling at my knee. It’s 2 and a half hours later and I’m looking for food. I’m not hungry. But I do have a big job list of sit at the computer tasks.

Big storm was predicted for today. But the sun :sun_with_face: snuck out and I borrowed half an hour to take Labrador to the local suburban park and get sunshine on my arms and face. That was nice. Storm is here now tapping on the window with rain. We have had 5 winter storm fronts hit us over the last 8 days. It’s just rain and winds. But the weather bureau say it is more than the average.

@Carnivoor, your Cooky is treating you very well, that is a nice surf and turf pic…sounds like a keeper!

@FrankoBear, I so believe what you wrote about big cities. They are an insane asylum with people who are not being treated LOL You know when you think way way back in the day, cities could help people some by feeding them and having ‘help’ for a ton of things instead of being on your own, safety in numbers, herd mentality but boy that flipped fast enough didn’t it to unsanitary conditions, to big poverty among many and like you said all that stress and noise and more that just bombards a human in a bad way.

Hey you are there now and you took Billie? I for some reason thought you left Billie at the homestead when you went to work…I think it is great you get a companion along like that, your dog walking in a park is a stress reliever :slight_smile: -----hmm come to think about it you drive with Billie I remember from your posts right? ugh me forget HA

I live very rural but now with big farms selling out everything is encroaching and man do I not like it. Could ride my horse right from the house for hrs on trails, now you can’t get 10 ft it seems without hitting fences and houses and all that and I for one will love to sell out sooner than later and be on the road in the rv for freedom…and in that travel I am gonna search up the perfect beach smallest town location with no tourism and be quiet. I love quiet truly. I feel ya on all that city business HA

-------------yesterday was delish pork ribs and tin of sardines, a few beef sticks, nibbled on cheese and little bacon but it wasn’t enough food…so today I woke up hungry. Got me a big ol’ NY Strip steak to chow on for first meal…after that not sure but have a small pork tenderloin to cook, might just do that also when making my steak and put it up to eat cold later. yea sounds like a plan.

Carnivore on strong everyone!

Better the vehicle than your husband… I always think about that in this situation especially since the scary, stressful accident of Alvaro last year. I still so vividly remember my feelings, it was one of the most horrible things I ever felt. Health is the most important (and honor and a few other things)!

It’s still quite bad, of course :frowning: But it happens, sadly.

I didn’t go to the town for various reasons today. I have too little meat so I added gluten (in the form of some super delicious seitan… my spice mix is quite good. interestingly I never feel desire to eat it unless I run out of meat. well I usually don’t want things out of the blue - except crunchy biscuits sometimes -, my problem lays in not getting tempted when I actually have something nice in front of me. Alvaro is fine with meat as well so if we have meat, I don’t make seitan for him so it can cause no problems. but if I have my own proper meat, I wouldn’t be interested in it anyway), it’s about the best plant matter I can use if I can’t stay carnivore due to low supplies (I so gave up on nearly or totally meatless carni days as they never ended well), very satiating and feels great to me, I am aware that probably the majority of people has problems with it but I am not them. It’s super rare in my life anyway, I am so good at getting enough meat but without a hypermarket visit for months, things got worse…

I better go shopping tomorrow as I run out of options. Or roast the single chicken leg but I don’t like to make my kitchen warmer while putting too little meat into the oven. Anyway, chicken, not the best thing. It tastes good this time (well, tastes almost nothing as not expensive chickens do when they aren’t bad tasting) but it’s too weak. But helps, I suppose if I use everything else I can.

(Edith) #52

I was t-boned about a year and a half ago. I thought I was fine at the accident scene, but OMG I was beyond sore the day after. Turns out I also had a concussion, possibly from the airbag impact and eventually needed physical therapy. I hope your husband remains okay, @Azi, but keep an eye on him somehow.

@Shinita, oh I so wish you could get your hands on another small freezer for you guys…it would mean when you shop you can buy good sales and then freeze them for later…running out of meat options just is so hard on carnivore. We guys have to have that meat available at all times and it is tough to read your posts when you say your supplies are low…I feel that agony with you :slight_smile: Any chance, I think? A’s mom was gonna give you a freezer or something? Can’t remember the situation but I am sending good wish vibes you come onto a freezer sooner than later :slight_smile:

@VirginiaEdie, ewww, you too huh? those accidents are so scary to me. And you are right…I got Tboned but slower in a lady running a red light and I thought I was fine but it wasn’t bad like you…I turned up so sore and the biggest most ugliest bruise was on my whole thigh from hitting the driver door so hard I guess…man I could barely walk but that is the thing just like you said…the next day or even weeks later what can crop up can be scary and real med issues. But wow you went alot further with PT and more but happy to hear you came thru ok in the end! I tell ya things like this can be life altering :frowning:

I saw that pic and thought, omg how did he not get injured but I am sure Azi will tell us that he is ok so that is a great thing getting out of something like that in better than worse shape.

(Vic) #54

South african style dryed wild game sausages.

Very nice carnivore snack.

Hey what do they kinda taste like for texture? They seem ‘very dry’ to the eye but for some reason I kinda see them having a good greasy like fat content to make them less dry?

I don’t know but they look darn great…give me some of those please HA

you find some of the coolest things in your travels!

My problem here is I try Elk jerky and Emu and 'Gator and other crap and they are like SO overly processed ya know…those ‘stick jerky making manufacturers’ just don’t supply a fantastic stick to me. I did buy some from Mission Meats long ago but the darn price…woof, I could eat a steak for the cost of a few sticks ya know but quality means some cost I think…but around me is just the standard crappy American over processed sticks and one has to read labels cause they look innocent and delish, but many are sugar loaded…ugh

what you have there is looking very fine to me!

(Vic) #56

They are indeed not as dry as they look due to the fat.
The meat is soaked in wine-vinegar before grounding, this tasye is noticeable in the background. Spices, i guess black pepper, salt, coriander.
The meat taste is lovely and suppresses the taste of the spices.

:wink:I

Heya Peeps!!!

Back from vacation, worked 2 days, then shorter vacation. The first vacay was in celebration of our 25th anniversary, so me and hubby took off for a mountain lodge about an hour away. I think our kids were visiting us nearly every day! We spent our days hiking the rocky beaches around Lake Superior, agate hunting, kayaking, more hiking, etc. Weather was fine, but the next to last day, it was HOT. Our nighttime temp in the cabin was 76 and humid. ugh. I went back to work for a couple days, then took off again from the 8-11th. Worked in the garden a bit, celebrated my birthday, took a day trip solo to load up on some canning jars…very full vacation.

Before we headed north, a friend of ours gave us a very cool book on natural remedies. Basically, things we think of as weeds, have been used in part or in whole as medicine over the centuries. While on vacation, I was able to find and identify about half of the stuff in the book! So, the balance of my time off has resulted in the makings of Hot Flash tea, Gout tea, a couple tinctures for varicose veins and gout. (Hubby has gout). Still have more to deal with, but, that’s been super fun.

Heading back to work today, and on afternoons for the next four days. Looking forward to re-instituting carnivore OMAD and some fasting. I need it!

Hoping eveyone is doing well, are safe and healthy, staying strong and on track, and rockin’ it!

ohhhh yea great report, I could tell they were ‘the good ones’ ya got :sunny:

If that is the little baggy they came in then they are local made and fresh and really not highly processed…love it!

You made that pic even more desirable to me with your description LOL
You enjoy those suckers!!

(Edith) #59

What was interesting about the accident, was that I hadn’t been sick for years and about a month after the accident I got a nasty cold with laryngitis so severe I had to write to communicate and a sinus infection. I never get sick like that, especially since starting keto. I think the accident or concussion weakened my immune system at the time.

I live in the suburbs. I like having neighbors and sidewalks so I can just go out my front door and safely go for a jog without having to drive somewhere. But agreed, I would never want to live in the city. I avoid the city as much as possible.

We took our daughters to see New York City a few years ago. It seemed to me the people were actually a little slimmer there than where we live. I do believe people are more physically active in big cities because they have to do more walking. We drive everywhere in the suburbs.

(Linda ) #60

Yeah he was extremely lucky he walked away with no injuries…But I told him after my own experience in a head on accident the pain doesn’t show up straight away or the brusing…

I didn’t go off plan but maybe the stress caused a bit more hunger and ended up eating more food 3 bones that were from a rib eye…(they started selling those in the store) not alot of meat but dam tasty .
Then I ate 2 fried eggs in a egg wrap…
So it was interesting to see my reaction to stress I didn’t run to the pantry not that there is much in there these days and certainly nothing snacky other than pork rinds that which didn’t eat any yesterday.
I’m not a stress eater though I’m more a stress cleaner lol… but it did alter my appetite after I knew he was safe and back on the road checking in constantly then yeah I got hungry…
I’m trying to make it if I want to snack it has to be meat or eggs if not I’m not hungry.