Epic Carnivore July-a-ganza

Things got worse.
I can’t even go out for 10 seconds. It’s insane. My room almost reached 27C and it never did that before. My brain got melted. And I couldn’t get meat. I will try tomorrow morning.

Cooler times are coming, Alvaro says. I just know I reached my limits.

Cold water is wonderful but my body hates overhydration (I would never die from drinking too much :)) so I have to stop drinking after a while.

I have ham too, it’s just a little addition to my eggs, nothing very important. 10-30g a day if I eat any. It’s like dry sausage, I eat that in similar amounts, it makes my eggs more interesting. As it’s just some funny tiny extra, it’s not very important if it’s fatty or lean. It has flavor, that’s what matters.

(Karen) #22

Stair runs as per but no CrossFit today. Crap sleep, very few hours, and wasn’t up to doing much today.

Brunch was 3 lamb ribs and a small chunk of cheese and then off to Aldi this afternoon as my daughter told me there was a garden sale in the middle aisles. So bought a nice good sized glazed planter and 4 small box planters to paint in contrast to my extension wall which will be a peachy spanish colour. The boxes will be an orange red. Really looking forward to the garden being revamped in September.

Early evening dinner was a lovely rump steak and fried eggs followed by smoked salmon… no cheese this evening. Don’t want anymore indigestion cos that hurts!

Busy day tomorrow so I am in bed early and hope for a good sleep.

Yesterdays and todays foody pics

The wintry weather continues here. Yesterday we had a morning of sunshine, so I got the skin out while listening to podcasts.

I did not feel hungry. Coffee is a powerful appetite suppressant for me. I had a morning online work meeting. But maybe too much screen time and thinking. At 12 noon I had a headache. That escalated to nausea. So I had a 2 hour afternoon power nap when I was supposed to be working. I ended up taking some paracetamol. By 5pm I could stomach breakfast. I was hungry by then. I had 5 scrambled eggs in butter.

2 hours later I wrapped Jarlsberg cheese slices around smoked salmon slices. The smoked salmon tasted too salty. It was a low feed day.

I feel fine today. Cold fronts are hitting in waves across the ocean facing property. A dead whale has washed up at one of the main winter surfing beaches. That always brings the big sharks. So, no winter surfing on that coast until that is cleared. It’s after 12 noon, so I have instinctively, or accidentally, stayed in my restricted feeding window. About to have some eggs and bacon. Another big rib eye is waiting for dinner tonight.

:joy:@Shinita Shinita, the calorie maths on a 700g rib eye is about 2800, I think? I don’t count calories, but I thought meat was about 4 calories per gram of meat, rather than per gram of protein.

It makes me wonder rhetorically : How many calories in a can of worms?

It depends on the fat content, of course…
It’s possible I used bad information, sorry then :slight_smile: I have no idea how lean ribeye is, I just used the first data (it should be singular, IDK what one does in this situation, my language don’t have this problem).
If it’s fatty, 700g is a very substantial amount but some people have no problem with eating even that much.
I never tried to eat 700g fatty meat, I probably don’t need that much ever but it sounds potentially doable, it’s not like it’s a big amount of meat just dense and satiating… It can go either way for someone with my small energy need but potentially great appetite.

It’s less hot today and I bought pork shoulders and chicken! Much better, it’s a bit uncomfortable to have zero normal meat at home, just ham and canned fish… Now I have everything I may need for days.

@Karen18, little rain at home, that storm went up the coast mostly.
So muggy out there now but that darn grass was SO high, gonna have to mow 2 times to get this farm under control…ugh…why did I come back from vacation? Can someone remind me please? :crazy_face:

Ohhh your garden boxes sound nice…I love that terra cotta peachy color! So Sept? Did you end up hiring someone to get the rest of the area handled?

Your food pics of your plates are wonderful and I love how you know your cheese limit! Very important for us carnivore to know our limits on whatever, be it cheese or eating too much burger fat or ?? We all have our little quirks but you know yourself very well! I like that!

@KetoKoala, hope your negative mood has lifted…talk yourself out of it any way ya can :slight_smile: Sometimes I sure have to do just that. Start mentally spouting off all the good and what I am grateful for to try to shake out the negative stuff…can be hard, I feel ya but sending good positive vibes to you…and sounds like you are eating well…carnivore on, it truly will help alot of things but it takes time for our bodies sometimes to respond with our healing and more…so you hang tight and eat wonderful B!

B…I am always gonna call ya B ya know HAHA

@Shinita, hey is that hit 27c in the house? That hot inside and more hot outside? The most I can do in the house is 76 degrees, any hotter and I melt too…outside I can do almost in the range of 96 deg. before I melt…but I am a super hot weather lover for sure. Sorry your eating feels off, I know it too…hotter it gets the less I do eat…but it is so normal for many of us…winter time we eat like hibernating bears LOL
Hope your temps cool down a bit for you!!

@Carnivoor, oh yea I was wondering what you were up to :slight_smile: Glad you checked in and here you go away for work again for a few weeks, which might be extended? Another carnivore on the run meals for you…I guess you are eating out at restaurants and more? No Cooky on this trip? Your cook treated you so well on your other job :slight_smile: Hope all goes well for you on this project!!

@FrankoBear, ugh, big whale carcass means big sharks, I don’t like that combo. What kills me is I swim just up from where hubby fishes the surf and he pulls in a 4 ft Bonnethead shark and yells, hey look what I caught and I am like…damn, I don’t need to see that HA but it don’t worry me…well not yet anyway, so far all my years in the ocean I am the only one in the family that hasn’t cut feet on shells, got stung into pain by jellies, barbed in the hand by stingrays and more. So far so good for me!

Sounds like your coffee takes you off food, which I get, but your carnivore food should come before coffee ya know…but hey I get it, you coffee drinkers ain’t gonna change, those who use it love it :slight_smile: :slight_smile: It sounds like you got a good eating pattern going on with your beloved coffee included…I get jealous on your coffee for you guys, everyone loves it and I am not a coffee drinker and so many times I wish I was :slight_smile: cause I wake up and drink 2 big bottles of water and think, wow, a nice hot steaming cuppa…would be nice vs. my usual water LOL

Are you ‘tracking your body measurements’ and all for July on carnivore to see what results you get still? Just wondering, I feel like you are doing very good on zero carb and hope you keep getting good changes!!

----------------July-a-ganza seems to be going well for all! COOL!!

home from trip, had fun!
working on getting my pool up into great shape and swim, temps are hot hot here and I love it. A few days of good filtering and should be ready to go…gonna get in it and not come out!

I did fine eating on zc on trip. No worries on wanting to eat their other vacay crap. I feel ‘more zoned’ into my way of eating and truly it is a very natural lifestyle for me more and more, just a default auto lifestyle and I like that…of course I been doing it for years now :slight_smile:

I boogie board’d the waves like crazy. Swam and jumped big waves and had a blast but ya know what…I felt it. Like I don’t move much in winter at all, I am ‘not an exerciser’ type…I do summer outside stuff and winter shuts me down but after big swim and having fun for 2 weeks I felt it in the ol’ bones and body. Like HUH? Why so sore? DUH cause you are moving non stop, fighting the ocean, loving the wave action and walking miles metal detecting swinging your big ol’ metal detector and having a blast, yes you are moving and feeling it LOL but it showed me one thing…I need some type of winter movement to keep the body fluid ya know. So I am thinking some type of VERY SMALL daily exercise thing to follow…like Pahla B…she has youtube, shorty exercise videos for women over 50. Starts off day 1 and has a 30 day challenge…very very more simple, more controlled, more just tone and move without being insane, I ain’t no jumping fool or burpee type person :wink: but I think this Pahla B youtube for women over 50 might be the ticket…but I realized from big activity I did that I could use some more body strength, and movement ya know thru my months of being more sluggy…ok, well that is me thinking about that :sunny:

today is pork tenderloin and NY Strip steak when wanted

I got home from my trip and I hit up 3 tins of sardines. OMG I forgot to bring them in the RV and I just wanted them so much! Tasted so good…I tell ya I need my sardines around when I need them :star_struck:

store has Tbone steaks on sale…have to run errands soon and get me some…me, need beef in freezer!

ROCK ON WITH CARNIVORE! Let’s do this guys and get wonderful body results and feel like a :100:

(Vic) #26

I had a project in Spain, 2 weeks restaurants. But now back in Africa I’m going to hire a house and staff again, including a cook. Will be here for the next 6 weeks anyway.
While I see european and asian members of my team suffer from travelers diarea, I get non of that at all. My carnivorous digestive track seems to be very resilient. :sunglasses:
I did take 2 pills when I was home to de-worm. Had no symptoms but did it preventive.

Stay strong all and be happy

(Edith) #27

Hi Everyone,

I’m back! It’s been an interesting experiment being on and off carnivore. As you know, over my seven month trial, I do believe I experienced improvement with my joints, but I developed some other problems: return of heart palpitations, worsened histamine intolerance, and an inability to eat beef. :cry:

Since the end of March and the end of my carnivore experiment, I have to admit, I have enjoyed myself greatly, not worrying about everything I put in my mouth. I have still been meat heavy keto, but it has been nice being able to nibble things here and there without stressing that it was not carnivore food that was passing my lips. I’m also feeing sooooo much better. When I stopped carnivore I started supplementing B vitamins, vitamin C, my extra salt (beyond what’s in and on my food), plus my usual magnesium and calcium. I am like a new person. I can eat beef again without any problems. I can even seem to eat seafood without as much of a histamine reaction. My sleep has improved. My hair is growing like gang busters. I have way more energy.

Well, over the past few weeks, I’ve been waking up with stiff feet. (Luckily, the back is still doing fine.). This is a problem I had before carnivore but improved during my trial. At first I thought is was because I had really been upping my mileage for running and that my feet were just tired. Well, of course, I guess I got over zealous with the upping the mileage and I irritated some tendons. I have been taking off from running for the past week. I figured if my feet were just stiff from running, they wouldn’t still be bothering me in the mornings, especially a week into my running break.

So, I am going back on carnivore to see if the morning foot stiffness goes away again. This time around I am going to keep my vitamin and mineral supplementation. I do believe I became deficient in those vitamins during my initial experiment. I don’t know why. Meat certainly has plenty of B vitamins. Maybe it was the on and off oxalate dumping that I had during my trial?

Well, I guess that’s the summary of the past three months and my continued self experimentation. Happy Epic Carnivore July-a-ganza!

(Karen) #28

Forgot to congratulate you on the 2.5 loss in June! Well done :raised_hands::raised_hands:

Yes I found another guy to do the landscaping after being let down so last minute with the previous guys. 13th Sept is the start date and I have to day I am trying not to be uber excited in case I get let down again. It will be an expensive project but my daughter said 'Mum you have at least another 30yrs in you (God willing lol) so do you want to spend it relaxed in a beautiful garden or have the nightmare of maintaining it for another 30 yrs! Well there is only one answer isn’t there!

My back room is full of bits I have been buying for the project since Feb.

I can feel your pain with the grass as we have had rain sun rain sun since beginning of May. Soon be no grass in my back yard lol yessss!

I envy you… When I am a miserable melted-brain zombie drinking a ton of water with zero appetite (and 10-12 coffees), I still tend to eat more than I should (it was better with less carbs in the past but now I learned eat very much without much carbs and I can’t eat much carbs for long so they are much closer. I think. it’s not like I experiment with it and I don’t even track if I eat not very simple). I just don’t enjoy it as much. I eat the same summer and winter but I probably wrote about that.

-10Celcius today. Still too much. We got wind and a tiny rain. We need more rain.

The village shop pork isn’t as nice looking as the city one… Feels okay to eat but I don’t prefer this. Next week we go to the city!

27C is pretty good for a room just below the roof with south facing windows… But we have good insulation. But we never had 27C before… I prefer 23C or something, my sleep gets disturbed above that. The humidity is very high as well, that affects sleep too. Hopefully it gets a bit better soon.

Don’t be. It’s a curse I can’t get rid of as it’s a tiny and not so horrible curse, I am just not motivated enough… And it’s better to drink than eat when I don’t need either and can get away with coffee with cream only. It’s rare, if I want to eat, I want to eat and I do eat, no amount of coffees can change that. Coffees may trigger eating anyway due to them being food (when I use a tiny cream. black coffees are fine but I don’t like them so much)…? I never figured this out. I know that broth triggers eating (very strong correlation), I use it when I want to eat but can’t due to negative appetite. Some soup and I am ready to eat a big meal.

Alvaro isn’t a coffee drinker either. Good for him. He is so simple, drinking water. I am the one with everything, coffee, lemonade, carbonated water, normal water when I am really thirsty, tea… Now that I am so hot all the time, I am fine with water but carbonated water is better for my thirst, I just don’t need it for fun as usual.

Drinking a warm drink is nice sometimes but it needn’t to be coffee… There are other options.

(Karen) #30

Plenty exercise today… Stair runs followed by a gassy CrossFit session and then back to CrossFit this evening for a skills class! Should have been dancing this afternoon but my dance partner took a tumble this morning rushing down to the bank! He had to rest up and lick his wounds!

Brunch after CF was about 1.5 ounces of stilton followed by 2 x plates of lamb ribs. Pic taken of 1st plate after I had started eating. Didn’t start eating till nearly 1pm perhaps even a little later and then I didn’t really feel hungry again before the second CF session so ended up not eating a dinner.

After getting home at 9pm I tucked into a small chunk of Blue cheese and then had some cold water prawns … just because I felt I should eat something.

(Edith) #31

In the States, gassy means flatulent. Lol.

During winter carnivore, I notice I get a craving for oranges, if I eat too much lean protein. It goes away with adding butter or bacon. :tangerine: :bacon:

(Linda ) #33

Well been pretty busy my husband is of to Nebraska to start a new job so we spent last couple of days rv hunting for him to stay in…

So I’ve had to go through the freezers find him food to take so he can eat and pack the camper so he can leave later tonight or first thing in the morning…mean while I’m still waiting for my pool to be finished lol…

Food wise I’ve changed things up again and have added eggs into the mix so two meals today of flanken ribs and two fried eggs…seems to have filled me up…
I’m trying to stop snacking, and cut out pork rinds.
I tried mexican frying cheese and it was great tasted just like grilled cheese sandwich minus the bread of course…but then came the worst case of constipation so needless to say the cheese is now packed in the r.v for food for my husband since it didn’t have that affect on him.

Went meat shopping the other day bought all this marked down meat rib eye steak and t bones but unfortunately I couldn’t eat it …had that aged taste because it was close to sell by date… so my husband got to eat it all lol

(Vic) #34

An office lunch

Pork and chicken roast today. And eggs, obviously. And whatever else I eat (Alvaro bought my fav camambert, it was even on sale with a near expiration date so we will eat it up asap :smiley: but I eat worse stuff too, I just do my best to keep it at a minimum, my body isn’t very patient with me now and heat is enough problem. even though it’s not nearly as hot now. it’s over 25C outside so it’s hot).

Today I will run out of proper meat. I plan to resume carnivore (properly, not whatever I do now. but it’s fruit season, of course I eat fruit. that’s fine, the garden has very little quite low-carb fruits now. Alvaro bought a ton of banana though, it’s what he does) when I manage to buy meat again (next Saturday). I only visit the butcher in the next days, for some organ, I have canned fish, a little ham… But without proper meat I never do carnivore. Especially not in July. It just doesn’t happen. But I must keep my carbs very low.
Maybe I will buy some proper meat from the butcher… A little would help me out. Actually, there are 2 butchers in the nearby town but one is rarely open.
I want tongue though, it’s pretty normal meat and I still never bought any myself. Only in aspic, ready to eat.
We will see. Today I have meat. Still need several eggs as I couldn’t resist the fresh roast last evening and Alvaro tasted it too… So our meat isn’t really much at this point. My share isn’t enough for a single meal. But Alvaro has his carbs, I made cake too so maybe I can persuade him to let me eat a bigger part (without being too aggressive. I clearly could take away most of it from him if I put my mind on it. but I don’t want to be mean, he is a lovely person who deserves much better. but I need the meat more. I am sure some nice consensus is possible).

@Carnivoor, that is a beauty of a plate of meat for an office lunch! I saw that and thought, wow I see work papers and more but Vic is rockin’ his carni!

6 wks again is a long project and you are hiring a Cooky! Love it. Vic I have to say you know you and you take care of you and your team well…I love you do just that! And I so get how other’s fall apart with issues traveling and more with the guts and you don’t…I am like you, I never have bathroom issues anymore and it is one of the most pleasant changes I got from zc :slight_smile: Not sure when you are out and about again, but always safe travels!

@Karen18, you got one smart daughter! She is right…we work hard for our money :slight_smile: so at some point we need to part with some and all for our own enjoyment, and your garden will be a big source of joy for you and once converted over into a nice relaxing place, you can then use up some good zc energy on maintaining it to keep it all nice and under control!

@Shinita, yea I hear you when your food is not a draw like you are saying since you are in zombie melted brain hot mode :slight_smile:

I hope you get to hit the city very soon and load up on that good pork you like and grab other stuff to make sure you fill up good when you take your city trip :slight_smile:

I absolutely make sure I take way more meat for me if I am low in supply than giving it to hubby and my kid, which is rare we ever have to battle over meat LOL but thing is just like you said…and I said this to hubby before many times, YOU EAT a ton of other options…I do not…logical thought says I get more and since you love the other crap, you can eat more of that HA Like in the rv on this trip I defrosted 3 burgers (actually for ME only) and he saw and said I want 2 burgers and I said, with a big delay as my brain was thinking…hmm, you ain’t getting any, but then I thought, you can have 1 and you go eat something else with it, which he did, he microwaved some crappy mac and cheese to go with it…hey, issue handled :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I won’t ‘do broth’ of any kind and not any type of soup fan, just not my thing ever…so I kinda have no warm drink options but many carnivores drink ‘silver tea’…yea you guessed it, just sip on plain hot water LOL I tried it a few times, doesn’t work for me either but luckily I ain’t too jealous over the other hot drinks people have, I done years with nothing but plain ol’ water and I won’t worry about it too much now :slight_smile:

@Azi, super cool your hubby is starting a new job. Is Nebraska close to where you are now? I can pack a smaller RV fridge SO tight with tons of meat in my freezer…I got it down to a science :slight_smile: wishing him safe travels!! Does he come home a bit or you go up and see him or is it a shorter project he finishes and then just comes home? just curious.

Whaaaaaa’t, no pool finished yet? Ahhhh, I have to say my pool is close to being ready to swim since I left it for 2 weeks and have to play catch up with it to get it sparkling again…tomorrow I should be good to swim and enjoy finally. Hope yours get finished out sooner than later now!

@VirginiaEdie, WOW :partying_face:

you are back to carnivore! Love it!

I absolutely understand your doing better with more supps that suit you well and that nibbling this or that food made you more happy as a long term eating option…we all are so diff. on what we do need…and if you found ‘ketovore’ to suit you best, then have at it. Not a darn thing wrong with that but now you are wondering if the intake of plants is giving stiff foot/joint/bone issues? And maybe those issues are localized right now but your other joints might start to stiffen up also?? Could happen, a new buildup of plant toxin intake might take some a little while to hit an individual and you might be starting to experience just that but then again, it truly might be about your running?

I truly love how you control your path to find solutions and weed out issues you do have and use your menu to do just that. I find this methodical approach such a good way to find out so much about yourself and what absolutely suits you!

I bet you do fine and I sure can’t wait to hear about results and more, definitely keep chatting and rollin’ along with us again…you sure aren’t a new carnivore :slight_smile: but you might expect a little tiny bit of withdrawl or other small adaption issues…should not be bad at all tho…wishing you the best thru it all and see where you land!!

--------------So I am bloaty, thick feeling this morn…I ate big yesterday, but not huge. 1.5 lbs about of steak and pork. I bloated up so full after the pork roast I devoured…usually this food is not alot for me or effects me, but in hot summer, I felt like I had a 20 lb. dumbbell tied to my guts LOL I had more outside work I wanted to handle but I slugged out…took me a nap in the air conditioning and passed out for almost 2 hrs and that isn’t me…maybe just vacation tired with too much food and that kinda thing…but I think I will eat a tad leaner. I did that on my vacation. Just ate smaller, leaner type food and did fabulous but home I went 2 heavy meats with my delish butter added and I slugged out. So I will just eat how I see fit, gearing a tad more towards leaner since it is so hot outside and heavy meats etc. are not interesting me…I have to hit little close store for some chlorine for pool in the hardware section and then hit the other side of the store to buy me a roaster chicken. I think I just want 1/2 a roaster chicken and see how that does for me today :slight_smile:

July is rockin’ thru carni style for us!!!

(Linda ) #37

Yeah he is taken a job at union pacific which is in nebraska first 8 weeks are school so he needs to pass that first and hopefully by then this dam pool will be finished…but yeah while the warmer swimming weather is here in florida I think I’ll stay here…and look at visiting here and there…I can’t really do anything until the pool is completed…

@VirginiaEdie welcome back…I have had trouble with cheese and cream I was thinking lactose intolerance but Dr Cywes said he doubted that was the case but said when we eat sugar in our sad diets that the villi in our intestines get blunt so aren’t reacting properly …in time by cutting out the things that start affecting us he said and no no longer eating sugar they start to heal and we can add those things back in again. So maybe that could be part of what your beef issue is too?

(Edith) #38

If I have any withdrawal it will most likely be mental and not physical. I really enjoyed not being so tight worrying about what I put in my mouth.

Pork is tricky for me. I tend to do better with slightly leaner pork. I loved pulled pork, but if I have a lot of it at one sitting it frequently does not agree with me.

I’ve been keto for four years. I do think my problem with beef was due to vitamin deficiency.
But, speaking of dairy…. I had to give up dairy years ago because it causes painful joints and painful itchy bumps on my scalp and back. When I first gave it up, I was hypersensitive to it. I couldn’t eat the tiniest amount. Now I can have tastes here and there and I am fine. I also ate some sheep’s milk cheese recently and was fine afterwards.

(Karen) #39

Yes I can see why lol :laughing: well some of the workouts make some of the guys very ‘gassy’

(Karen) #40

Well I knew I didn’t eat enough yesterday and that this mornings exercise would be hard and fuelless. It is amazing how, when refining what we eat, we can actually predict how the next day is going to pan out. Last Sunday I just knew the sausages were going to be trouble and likewise yesterday I knew not eating a good amount of calories I was going to be flagging today. I need Beef so much and you know when I was eating according to my BG, Beef was top of the meat food group as a healing beneficial food. I didn’t realise back then just how beneficial and healing it actually was. I haven’t changed much since eating according to my BG, more I have just refined it and changed it up.

So today, after a bit of a lay in the usual 100 stair runs followed by CrossFit ( the later class at 1030hrs, and paired with my daughter. I was glad about that as she isn’t a great runner and as we had to do the running part together it enabled me to slow down. I would have stormed round if I had been doing the wod on my own or with someone else. It was still a hard workout whatever and I felt so lacking in energy.

Popped straight over to see Raymond after his tumble yesterday and picked him up some groceries on the way, so also got myself a packet of 5 x slices of topside beef to eat while having a cuppa with him. I didn’t want to end up not eating enough today and I guessed I may not get back home till much later in the day… and I didn’t lol. Went direct to B&Q and bought my daughter a firepit and so then direct to her house to drop it off. She was really pleased with it thankfully. Then we both went to The Company Shop where I picked up 2 more large packs of lamb loin chops, a cooked chicken, some marinated chicken for Raymond’s freezer, and a packet of sliced chorizo .i think that was it!

Dinner was 3 frying steaks which were very tasty followed by some cheese and some of the chorizo slices.