Electrolytes - how to get 'em?

I’m new-ish to keto. I’m 3 days in and suspect my electrolytes are low because of how dizzy I feel, especially when getting up. It might also be a glucose crash. I have extreme fatigue and when I sleep, I’m nearly comatose, lol.

I can’t find electrolytes without some form of sugar in them. I found a kids drink that has dextrose, but from what I read, worry that dextrose will act like carbs, so I haven’t had any of it.

I’ve been putting sea salt, stevia, and lemon in water and drinking stupid amounts of it.

How do you get your electrolytes without taking in any sugar or sugar substitutes?

(Jason) #2

I personally add a product like “lite salt” to some water, add a sugar free flavor and drink. The product I use has potassium and sodium, so if I drink a few of these a day, I have no more symptoms of electrolytes imbalance. I also add a magnesium tablet in the evening. If I don’t do this, I end up with headaches and other unpleasant symptoms.

(Anderson Herzogenrath Da Costa) #3

Thank you!!

(Kelly ) #5

I use Nuun tablets. I buy them in bulk off Amazon. Gives your water a hint of taste without it being too sweet