Electric Ice Cream Maker

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

Pretty sure someone is gifting me an electric ice cream maker today. I need your best ice cream recipes. And please include vanilla as tonight I’m going to keep it simple. Thanks guys!

(Ernest) #2

You don’t have a pork rind ice cream recipe in your bag of tricks?!

(Richard Morris) #3

Vanilla ice cream goes well with Pork Rind Waffles

I’ve used this recipe, just skip the green tea and go for the vanilla. Super easy and Delicious!!! I may need some this weekend if only I could find room in my freezer for pre-freezing the innards of my ice cream making gizmo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I love the ice cream recipes from alldayidreamaboutfood.com (cookie dough is delicious) and ruled.me. whenever they say add vodka, I do vegetable glycerin instead. Keeps it softer a lot better than vodka in my opinion.

Carrie Brown’s book can be hit or miss but if you really want to spend a lot of time, I loved her moose tracks and triple X zone ice cream recipes. A lot of work but really tasty. She says xylitol is absolutely necessary, but I used erythritol and added a couple tbsp of vegetable glycerin to compensate.

There’s also this new ice cream startup called Rebel Creamery. They’re claiming to do a keto ice cream and will come out in 2018 some time. If it’s any close to my homemade ice creams, I’m all over it if it’s not too expensive.

(Dawn) #6

i like this

Pork rind waffle cone?

(Ernest) #8

Anyone over 16 years old should not be eating ice cream out of a cone! LOL!!!

(Doug) #9

What if it’s a big honking cone?

(Ernest) #10

NO! No! No! HAHAHA

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #11

Thems fightin’ words

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #12

Besides. I AM 16.

(Doug) #13

Straying outside the Base 10 number system is always mystifying.

(Arlene) #14

Only 4 basic ingredients: HWC, egg yolks, vanilla, sweetener. If you make just what you need, it will be perfect. If you store any of it, expect it to get very hard in the freezer.
Some people are afraid of raw eggs. They cook and then cool their ice cream mix before making it into ice cream in the machine. I have my own chickens, so I am not concerned about using raw egg yolks. I just mix everything and taste it. If the taste is right, it goes in the ice cream maker and it’s ready to eat within 15 or 20 minutes. Enjoy

(Ernest) #15

I put raw yolks in my coffee. Now that’s real bulletproof coffee