Dread's Progress Thread - Extended Fasting & Carnivore

zerocarb
fasting
extendedfast

(Chris) #161

152 this morning. Not much to report as of right now.

(Chris) #162

153 yesterday. 150 today. Last night broke a 36 hour fast with 3.5 lbs of London broil. It was glorious. Got down to the last 1/3 pound and had to take a breakfast diarrhea break for 15 minutes.

Phew.

48 hour fast starts last night!

(Chris) #163

149.5 today. Broke a 48 hour fast with 5 eggs and half a pound of bacon. 2.7 lb London broil in the fridge for dinner.

(Chris) #164

155 today.

(Chris) #165

157 this morning.

Iā€™m feeling like pushing a long fast. 7 days? 10? Anyone wanna vote?

A or B

A: 7 days

B: 10 days

Iā€™ll do whatever you want. If no one votes, Iā€™m deciding.

#foreveralone

(Carpe salata!) #166

Lol

Your body has all the votes :wink:

(Crow T. Robot) #167

Shoot for 10, but stop at 7 if your body says to.

#kingofkeepinghisoptionsopen

(Chris) #168

Sweet, the vote is in, 10 days is the goal!

159 this morning. Feeling good. I just need to stay on top of my physical feelings and willpower!

(Chris) #169

154 today. Fasting about 36 hours in. No coffee withdrawals, no cravings. If I go the full 10 days, it will be falling on a Thursday, so basically Iā€™m just doing my normal weekly fast but skipping one refeed! Piece of cake.

My biggest problem will be boredom on the weekend. So I will work to keep myself preoccupied with other things.

(Chris) #170

157 again, lol. Feeling good today. Woke up on time.

(Chris) #171

Yoyoing! 154.5 today. Beginning day 4 of 10. I noticed yesterday some heavy keto breath which is normally absent even when eating zero carb. Iā€™m not spending on a meter so I wonā€™t really worry about it, but I did think it was neat. Dreading going home tonight because itā€™s my usual breakfast day. I think it will be a huge success if I can survive the weekend without eating. Funny how thatā€™s now my biggest obstacle.

(Chris) #172

Made 5 days. Wasnā€™t feeling bad or especially hungry, but I felt like I pushed through Thursday night nicely so I ate steak on Friday. Feeling great actually and Iā€™m starting to see some improvement in my midsection when I flexā€¦oh man itā€™s starting to look good. Iā€™m getting that groin definintion that women tend to go nuts over (at least the wife does).

157 this morning.

(Chris) #173

158 today. Belly full from last night. Appx 4lvs of steak, 8 fried eggs and a quart of cream (screw me I canā€™t help it) totalling somewhere in the 6000 cal range. Doing another 5 day fast starting 10pm last night.

(Doug) #174

Itā€™s surprising you feel full, Dread, after such a dainty, ascetic meal.

(Chris) #175

:muscle::joy:

(Chris) #176

Day 3 of 5 of current fast, about 58 hours in. Feeling fine and dandy. But I have a question for any zero carbers watching:

Do you still get delayed - onset muscle soreness after lifting? I used to be extremely sensitive to it but now it appears to have completely gone away.

154 this morning.

(Chris) #177

153 on the scale today, and looking at day 4 of 5 of this weekā€™s fast. Trying not to plan Fridayā€™s meals, causes cravings. Anyway, Iā€™m in a kik group for this particular fast and everyoneā€™s being supportive. Lotā€™s of questions being answered there.

Felt a little faint this morning getting out of the car at the office, probably just a wave of fasting workitis. Also felt like I was possibly looking at a reflux vomit on the ride in, but that feeling went away.

Over all, Iā€™m good today.

(Chris) #178

Day 5, breaking fast in a few hours with meat. Actually not feeling great but letā€™s see.

Update: Started my workout, sets of 16kg kettlebell swings supersetted with one arm kettlebell presses and pullups/chins. If I can get through 6 or 7 sets Iā€™m satisfied for the day. I donā€™t feel like I have to train like a madman or a powerlifter to see the results I want with fasting and ZC. Time will tell.

152 and change this morning.

(Chris) #179

Broke fast with ground beef and a pound of bacon. Sprayed ass after,

Thinking about all the meat Iā€™m gonna eat later.

(Chris) #180

153 today. Feeling good. Ready for more steak.