Dread's Progress Thread - Extended Fasting & Carnivore

zerocarb
fasting
extendedfast

(Chris) #381

Early ass morning. 4 am in the gym.

(Chris) #382

I forgot to mention - I failed a lift today. Squat for 265 (high bar). I fully believe I can lift the weight, but for whatever reason I lost all tightness dropping into the hole, and my ass didnā€™t want to come up.

(Chris) #383

(Chris) #384

(Chris) #385

Found my old lifting belt, and it fits.

Had a good session in the gym this morning despite getting less sleep than intended.

(Chris) #386

Happy forum birthday to me!

(Chris) #388

Squat PR: 265 today, the weight I failed a couple of weeks ago. I donā€™t think I got any stronger in order to lift this, I just had to truly understand that Iā€™m the shit, and I can fucking do anything.

It was a real grinder of a rep, almost a good morning. And I was seeing stars when I racked the bar. But it came down and went back up and thatā€™s all I care about.

I am now 120 pounds from my old PR.

(Chris) #389

Also, Iā€™ve added a lot more pullups into my daily routine, and as a result my hands are ripped the fuck apart, and they actually hurt. Just a sign they need to toughen up, obviously.

(Chris) #390

Whatā€™s happening?

Decided I need to once-again change my workout. Iā€™ve been getting some PRs every few weeks now, but my squat is just not progressing the way I want it to. So Iā€™ve adapted exrx.netā€™s Russian Squat Program into my daily routine.

Iā€™m working off a max of 265, which is the highest weight Iā€™ve lifted this go-around. The plan is to add 10-15lbs to that within 6 weeks by colluding with Russia.

(Pedro) #391

Hi there,

Had to make an account to thank you for the thorough documentation of your dietary changes! Iā€™ve been on Keto for the last 4 months (with around 4 days overall of cheat days) and OMAD for the last 8 days. First few OMAD days were tough, but like keto (and I assume, any reasonable dietary change), your system adapts. Very impressed with your tremendous discipline and mental strength man, congrats on all the progress! Iā€™m 5ā€™7/150 pounds (started with 160, and still havenā€™t started exercising), any tips on how to get started with physical activity? Or tips in general really, any help would be appreciated!

(Chris) #392

Start with bodyweight stuff if you havenā€™t messed with weights. Pushups, dips, pullups, squats, lunges, planks. All great stuff. If you are planning to use weights, focus on compound heavy lifts before isolating muscles. Welcome to the forum.

(Pedro) #393

Much appreciated Chris! Looking forward to finally starting to be active, and who knows, maybe one day transition to ZCā€¦ Keep up the good work, and thanks for the inspiration!

(Chris) #394

Interesting week. Last week I took Thursday and Friday off for some kid-related stuff. Saturday we traveled for a baby shower which took place yesterday.

This changed my training in the following ways:
Skipped workouts Thursday and Friday. This means I missed one rep day and a volume day. Made up Fridayā€™s workout yesterday (Sunday) with 6 sets of 2 at 210lbs. Pullups in between - left the gym as soon as I finished because I had to be back. Today (Monday), I continued with the Monday volume work as prescribed. Though it was 6 sects of 4 at 210 - double what I did yesterday, which is supposed to have 2 days of rest in between.

What does this tell me? That my ā€œmaxā€ of 265 is bullshit and all in my head. I look forward to smashing the next 5 weeks of this program and recalculating for the next cycle.

(Chris) #395

Legs might be growing.

(Chris) #396

Today was the hardest day so far of #russiansquatcollusion. 6 sets of 6 reps at 80% 1RM. I used the highest weight Iā€™ve lifted this cycle as a true 1RM (265lbs), though itā€™s most likely a very low estimate (thatā€™s the point of this program, to prove Iā€™m full of shit). So what that means is 212 lbs for 6x6. It was TAXING. I needed more time between sets as the sets dragged on, ending up at like 5 minutes by the last one.

Next Monday will be 225 5x5, which will be the highest weight of the session. I have done sets of up to 4 with 225 since the beginning of the year so Iā€™m not a stranger to the weight, but itā€™s been 3 weeks since Iā€™ve touched anything that high. The following week or in week 6 I need to do 265 x 2 sets of 2. THAT, will be hard. Stay tuned for #morecollusion.

(Chris) #397

(Chris) #398

Need to get my wife to take some pics, selfies are hard to flex in. Iā€™ll try to hit some traditional BB poses for hahas, though Iā€™m definitely not stage-ready.

(Chris) #399

Does my stringer say string or strong on the back? You tell me.

(Teresa (turtle)) #400

Iā€™d say that it says the latter! :muscle:

(Doug) #401

I think so. And Dude - youā€™re looking mighty. :slightly_smiling_face: