Dread's Progress Thread - Extended Fasting & Carnivore

zerocarb
fasting
extendedfast

(Chris) #261

155 today. Burnt a steak on the grill by leaving it on the first side for over 10 minutes on high. Flipped it for one minute, it’s ruined but I’m eating it, angrily.

(Doug) #262

Congratulations for all your hardcoredness, Dread. And to have your meat cooked ain’t a bad thang…

(Chris) #263

Hit a snag. Washing dishes this morning, i slipped with a steak knife and cut 2 fingers, severing at least one tendon. I’m home from the hospital waiting for the surgeon to schedule me. Keeping up on diet and trying to keep distracted. I cannot move the fingers well, the pinky at all, and emotionally this is very difficult.

So sorry to hear this happened Dread. Hang in, wishing you a skillful repair and quick recovery.

(Chris) #265

Thanks I appreciate the kind feelings. I’m gonna eat meat and try to stay positive!

(Doug) #266

Ouch, man - good luck during the healing.

(KetoCowboy) #267

Good luck bouncing back.
(But meat is better than luck.)

(Chris) #268

Thanks guys, I appreciate the emotional support. Today was okay. Spent it with my daughter. Filled my antibiotic script and bought more gauze and steak.

I’m able to cook but unable to clean dishes. This is fine. Still waiting to hear about scheduling surgery. That’s the real nerve wracking part. I know what goes into fixing tendons, and I have a good idea what recovery and rehab is going to be like. Just not knowing what this week is going to turn out like is tough. I have a pretty important meeting Wednesday out of state and no solid alternative coverage. I can have my coordinator handle it, which is what I should do. Trouble letting go I guess.

(Chris) #269

BAD LANGUAGE DON’T CLICK!

(Adam Kirby) #270

holy shit dude! That sucks so hard. Hopefully the power of meat will aid in your recovery.

(Chris) #271

Everyone’s saying #meatheals, let’s test that!

(Doug) #272

You don’t need somebody to cut your steaks for you, Dread. Take the uninjured hand, pick up a steak with it, bring it to your mouth and take bites out of it.

(Chris) #273

Heh, that’s the plan. Or, there’s always raw ground beef!

(Chris) #274

Surgery day is tomorrow, I need to leave the house at 6:30 to get knocked out and chopped up.

Today I am feasting on steak and ground beef. I’ll be filling the F up and fasting from midnight on.

(Jodi) #275

Best of luck for your surgery!

(Chris) #276

Thanks!

Back home now, doing well.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #277

Best wishes for quick healing. KCKO, buddy!

(Chris) #278

Thank you Paul!

In other news after over a month of waiting I’ve been granted ownership of reddit.com/r/waterfasting drop by one and all!

(Chris) #279

Still alive. I realize I’m not updating much but there isn’t much to say. Strict zero carb still, have not been fasting much. Just had my first post-op follow up, got to see the stitches finally. Will be in a cast a few more weeks. Depressed but looking up.

(Joe Schuyler) #280

That’s metal as fuck :metal:. Good luck with recovery!